Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 131055 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #1050 on: March 22, 2022, 08:18:06 PM »
They claim to be military (either vets or experts), and report on military centric stories and events. "Task and Purpose " is an outdated reference to Army OP ORDER  writing.

They are generally considered by the military to be full of *expletive deleted*it.  Personally,  I can say when they have reported on events I was present for, they have been wildly inaccurate in their guesses on causation,  and not particularly good on even the 5Ws.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1051 on: March 23, 2022, 08:44:45 AM »
They claim to be military (either vets or experts), and report on military centric stories and events. "Task and Purpose " is an outdated reference to Army OP ORDER  writing.

They are generally considered by the military to be full of *expletive deleted*it.  Personally,  I can say when they have reported on events I was present for, they have been wildly inaccurate in their guesses on causation,  and not particularly good on even the 5Ws.
Maybe that's their assigned role, spreading poor information and bad intel. The war among intelligence agencies never ends apparently. We are all living in the battlespace whether we acknowledge it or not.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #1052 on: March 23, 2022, 08:47:57 AM »

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/russia-logistics-china-mres/?fbclid=IwAR0lBQ-w36GooR_H-BS2H8UIE5NTrXNZooUH8jsoPk0UKeOA9BguBokNh2Y

I wonder how good the Chinese MREs are.

The YouTube video on the page you linked would seem to answer that question.

https://youtu.be/n96m5lB8nzA
It's worth noting that Steve's only gotten sick ONCE from trying out MREs - and that was when he ate a NON-EXPIRED Chinese MRE. Eating hardtack dated to the US Civil War? No problem. Eating canned beef that dated to the first Boer War? No issue there. But our boy Steve almost got done in by whatever foulness the CCP feeds its soldiers with.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1053 on: March 23, 2022, 10:02:28 AM »
I just saw a snippet on Fox Business that said civilian gun sales (or at least applications for) in Poland have doubled. I don't know where all their stats came from so don't know how accurate they are, though they did interview a Polish gun dealer who gave a few bits of data. Some fun facts:

It takes 3-6 months to get a permit, cost $500.
Background check, classroom work, and live fire tests required.
The most popular items right now are 9MM Glocks and ARs. The AR cost is $1000.*
A tidbit given by the Fox reporter: 1:100 gun/person ratio in Poland. 125:100 ratio in US.

*"Glock may have just meant 9MM pistol. The AR cost was the reporter pointing at one and asking how much it cost. I couldn't see the rifle pointed to.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #1054 on: March 23, 2022, 11:03:24 AM »
But our boy Steve almost got done in by whatever foulness the CCP feeds its soldiers with.
To be fair to the Chinese, it's hard to be confident on how Steve's Chinese MREs got to him.  Maybe they were part of a batch that were rejected by the Chinese military on quality grounds then sold to foreigners on the black market because screw the gweilo.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1055 on: March 23, 2022, 11:08:45 AM »
To be fair to the Chinese, it's hard to be confident on how Steve's Chinese MREs got to him.  Maybe they were part of a batch that were rejected by the Chinese military on quality grounds then sold to foreigners on the black market because screw the gweilo.

Along with a bunch of aircraft parts
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1058 on: March 23, 2022, 12:18:11 PM »
As a side note I just checked gun broker and people are asking $11k+ for the same Russian Vepr I paid $1,100 for which included a $400-500 Iron Wood SVD stock.
So ~$600 to $11k+  :O

Yikes. It's going to stay in the gun safe now.

Yes I know gun broker can be wacko. ~$3k would be more realistic in my mind.
I guess I need to check that out at some point.  I have a 5.45 Vepr that I could live without if the money was approaching that. 

I wonder if Saiga's are selling well.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #1059 on: March 23, 2022, 12:43:09 PM »
I watched videos of the flooding in China last year. Along with countless other videos and photos of shoddy Chinese EVERYTHING. Wasn't there a long while where all the Chinese who could afford it bought foreign baby formula because the domestic ones were toxic? I dont really feel confident, man.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1062 on: March 23, 2022, 05:58:10 PM »
This war has hit a little closer to home.  The husband of a female translator used by our preacher on his mission trips to Ukraine in the early 2000s was killed last week.  He was transporting senior citizens in a church van to get their medications from a pharmacy.  This is something he had been doing for several years.
His wife, who was the translator, and two older teenage children had already evacuated Lviv for safer environs.  He stayed behind because he believed it was his calling from the Lord to help senior citizens in this way despite the circumstances in Lviv.
Three Russian soldiers stopped his van and pulled him from the driver's seat.  He was executed in the street, supposedly because he was a male of military age.  His body was left in the street, and no one was allowed to recover it for burial.  The senior citizens in the van were not harmed.
Our preacher has remained close to this family over the years, and he is really hurt by what happened to his friend.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1063 on: March 23, 2022, 06:03:53 PM »
This war has hit a little closer to home.  The husband of a female translator used by our preacher on his mission trips to Ukraine in the early 2000s was killed last week.  He was transporting senior citizens in a church van to get their medications from a pharmacy.  This is something he had been doing for several years.
His wife, who was the translator, and two older teenage children had already evacuated Lviv for safer environs.  He stayed behind because he believed it was his calling from the Lord to help senior citizens in this way despite the circumstances in Lviv.
Three Russian soldiers stopped his van and pulled him from the driver's seat.  He was executed in the street, supposedly because he was a male of military age.  His body was left in the street, and no one was allowed to recover it for burial.  The senior citizens in the van were not harmed.
Our preacher has remained close to this family over the years, and he is really hurt by what happened to his friend.
They are also making men strip down to check their tattoos. If you have any tattoos that they consider aligning you with the current government or the Nazi's you're toast.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #1065 on: March 23, 2022, 06:47:10 PM »
They are also making men strip down to check their tattoos. If you have any tattoos that they consider aligning you with the current government or the Nazi's you're toast.

That is why you don’t surrender. Also why I am tired of the whataboutists.
AKA Navy Joe   

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1066 on: March 23, 2022, 07:03:52 PM »

Lviv is in the western part of Ukraine. I didn't think the Russians were anywhere near Lviv.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #1067 on: March 23, 2022, 07:15:25 PM »
Lviv is in the western part of Ukraine. I didn't think the Russians were anywhere near Lviv.

I thought he said Lviv, though it's possible that's where his translator took their kids to be safe.  I might have misheard and confused locations.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Viking

• friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1069 on: March 23, 2022, 09:30:41 PM »
Enter The Chieftain

Watching at time of posting

Why you can't draw great conclusions from the Ukraine videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9pVEP0AzZ4
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #1070 on: March 23, 2022, 10:05:24 PM »
That is why you don’t surrender. Also why I am tired of the whataboutists.
Zelinsky is a murderous thug and dictator. Ukraine isn't much of a "democracy". More than likely Z and his thugs are being run by the company.

Hard pass on going to war with Russia over a puppet state.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1071 on: March 23, 2022, 10:34:31 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #1072 on: March 23, 2022, 11:56:18 PM »
Zelinsky is a murderous thug and dictator. Ukraine isn't much of a "democracy". More than likely Z and his thugs are being run by the company.

Granted I’m not an expert on Ukraine, but I thought he was some low level celebrity before getting elected.  What’s the evidence for him being murderous, a thug and a dictator?  I mean, last I heard he hadn’t canceled elections and declared himself President for life, or disappeared a bunch of critics.  I’m sure he’s corrupt as hell, but so is pretty much everyone there (not to mention in DC).  Not saying he’s a good guy, as I doubt there’s any good guys involved (including the Biden admin).

Regardless, totally agree with you on the hard pass.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #1073 on: March 24, 2022, 12:00:36 AM »

;/
I never said go to war. But we are going to as incompetently as possible either by accident or what looks like an accident.

Run by the CIA, they finally did something so good 70% of his country approves of him.

Dictator. Well, only other place I heard that was Carlson and now I question every other thing I have liked that Carlson has said. He is bought and paid for. His op-ed calling Zelensky a dictator was so rife with lack of context and lies of omission that there is no way it was an accident. The TV stations shut down,  owned by Medvedchuk of the banned minority party. Just an ordinary TV station owner with a daughter. Whose godfather is V. Putin. Nope, nothing to see here. The banned party was probably going to be the installed puppet government.

And if I was wrong on everything and the government is rotten to the core and fooled everyone I still have nothing but admiration for the people of Ukraine.
AKA Navy Joe   

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1074 on: March 24, 2022, 07:37:31 AM »
And if I was wrong on everything and the government is rotten to the core and fooled everyone I still have nothing but admiration for the people of Ukraine.

This is a war where I can get behind supporting the average citizens of both countries. Ukrainian citizens are getting the worst of it, but Russian citizens who want nothing more than to live their lives are having their lives destroyed by all the "boycotts" of the woke entities of the world. The Russian government and Russian war effort are little impacted by those boycotts and censures, but it's certainly slamming Russian citizens.

At some point this war will be over, and I think Russian citizens are going to remember what the world did to them - not as a defensive strategy to end the war, but because all the cool kids were doing it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."