Author Topic: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....  (Read 130925 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....
« Reply #1100 on: March 25, 2022, 10:29:31 AM »
1) The Brandon administration is doing everything it can to impede NG production in this country.
2) The stated goal of the deal with the EU, "...would be to diversify LNG supplies in alignment with climate objectives and reduce demand for natural gas."

I can't help but think the plan is to ship large amounts of LNG to Europe without any real increase in production here in the US.  The end result of that would be less NG available here for consumption, and what remains will be even more expensive.  Yep, that lines up nicely with the Brandon administration's stated "climate objectives".

Brother works in NG drilling. Company he works for has been sitting idle and he has been sitting at home the past year.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1102 on: March 25, 2022, 10:31:43 AM »
Oh good, it wasn't just me who had that thought as to what Brandon's doing.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1103 on: March 25, 2022, 10:40:28 AM »
It's a drop in the bucket compared to the EU's needs, and Germany doesn't even have facilities to take it.  I would guess other EU nations are in the same boat after the Greens in the EU killed off so much of the fossil fuel and nuke infrastructure.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1104 on: March 25, 2022, 11:16:46 AM »
Brother works in NG drilling. Company he works for has been sitting idle and he has been sitting at home the past year.

Yes we are sitting on a lot of LNG but we are limited on how much we can drill and how much we can export.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1105 on: March 25, 2022, 02:18:35 PM »
Biden just told the 82nd airborne what they will see when they go into Ukraine on live tv.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #1106 on: March 25, 2022, 02:23:55 PM »
Biden just told the 82nd airborne what they will see when they go into Ukraine on live tv.

He also said if Putin uses chemical warfare we will reply in kind. 

Since he's working overtime to get us in WWIII, I suggest he only draft those who voted for him.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1107 on: March 25, 2022, 02:27:35 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1108 on: March 25, 2022, 02:32:04 PM »
The commanding officer of the 37th Motor Rifle Brigade, a colonel, was deliberately run over by his own troops as a result of the scale of losses taken by his brigade, the official said.
A seventh general (commander of the 49th Combined Arms Army) was also killed. The Kremlin has not yet responded to the claims.

Russian colonel killed by own men - Western official
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60856533?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=623dde6c5fbc655faa01ee04%26Russian%20colonel%20killed%20by%20own%20men%20-%20Western%20official%262022-03-25T17%3A18%3A14.419Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:e309f36b-d6ca-4199-ad96-c2262c83d9a3&pinned_post_asset_id=623dde6c5fbc655faa01ee04&pinned_post_type=share
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1109 on: March 25, 2022, 02:33:38 PM »
He also said if Putin uses chemical warfare we will reply in kind. 

Since he's working overtime to get us in WWIII, I suggest he only draft those who voted for him.

Unless you consider tear gas to be chemical warfare, I don't think the US has any stocks left of offensive chemical weapons.  The Army put a lot of money and technology into disposing of the nerve gas and other agents stored in the chemical depots.  The Umatilla Depot in Oregon had all the weapons destroyed by 2011, closed in 2018 and is now a business park, range land and a National Guard training facility.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1110 on: March 25, 2022, 02:46:09 PM »
Unless you consider tear gas to be chemical warfare, I don't think the US has any stocks left of offensive chemical weapons.  The Army put a lot of money and technology into disposing of the nerve gas and other agents stored in the chemical depots.  The Umatilla Depot in Oregon had all the weapons destroyed by 2011, closed in 2018 and is now a business park, range land and a National Guard training facility.

None of that matters because for us nuclear is an “in kind” response so Biden is saying we are going to nuke Russia if they use chemical warfare.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1111 on: March 25, 2022, 03:42:29 PM »

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1112 on: March 25, 2022, 04:40:13 PM »
None of that matters because for us nuclear is an “in kind” response so Biden is saying we are going to nuke Russia if they use chemical warfare.

Huh. We, and as far as I know the rest of the Western world did not do squat when Syria was using chemical weapons (Sarin, chlorine and mustard gas) on their citizens.  Now we start to rattle the tactical nukes for Ukraine?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #1113 on: March 25, 2022, 04:46:20 PM »
Huh. We, and as far as I know the rest of the Western world did not do squat when Syria was using chemical weapons (Sarin, chlorine and mustard gas) on their citizens.  Now we start to rattle the tactical nukes for Ukraine?

I'm waiting for some "pundit" to talk about white people vs tan people.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1114 on: March 25, 2022, 05:27:19 PM »
We bombed some stuff.  Then there was talk that the use of chemical weapons may have been a false flag operation which happens quite often in that region. 

Considering a lot of people seemed to want Trump to do a full scale invasion, I lean on the "false flag operation" side.  Not that the Syrian leaders are not bad, just that the "rebels" are bad also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #1116 on: March 25, 2022, 08:21:28 PM »
1) The Brandon administration is doing everything it can to impede NG production in this country.
2) The stated goal of the deal with the EU, "...would be to diversify LNG supplies in alignment with climate objectives and reduce demand for natural gas."

I can't help but think the plan is to ship large amounts of LNG to Europe without any real increase in production here in the US.  The end result of that would be less NG available here for consumption, and what remains will be even more expensive.  Yep, that lines up nicely with the Brandon administration's stated "climate objectives".

+1

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #1118 on: March 26, 2022, 11:15:55 AM »
Sergei Rudskoy, head of the General Staff's main operations administration says:  "The main tasks of the first stage of the operation have been carried out."  "The combat capabilities of the Ukrainian armed forces have been substantially reduced, which allows us to concentrate our main efforts on achieving the main goal: the liberation of Donbas"

Perhaps after this fiasco, the Russians have decided to just try to hold Donbas and claim success?  Course it's a war, who knows what they'll actually do.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #1119 on: March 26, 2022, 11:30:45 AM »
Minor correction:

Sergei Rudskoy, head of the General Staff's main operations administration says:  "The main tasks of the first stage of the operation have been carried out."  "The combat capabilities of the Ukrainian armed forces have been substantially reduced, which allows us to concentrate our main efforts on achieving the main goal: the liberation annexation of Donbas"
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1120 on: March 26, 2022, 11:57:01 AM »
The pastor of our church put me on to this article from last year. FWIW, he's been to Ukraine 2 or 3 times over the past several years, and is still in contact with at least one pastor there.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2021/may/ukraine-evangelicals-politics-conservative-movement-council.html

“The shortage of good leaders is so intense, parties are starting to recruit in the churches,” said Unguryan. “Honest and responsible politicians are easiest to find there.”

Last October, more than 500 evangelicals were elected to all levels of government. One even heads a major city—Rivne, in western Ukraine—as mayor. With evangelicals comprising only 2 percent of Ukraine’s 40 million people, it is a significant achievement.

78 percent of Ukrainians distrust state officials, and 71 percent distrust politicians, according to a 2020 poll by the Razumkov Center. But the church is trusted by 63 percent, second only to the army, trusted by 65 percent.

First elected in 1998, Oleksandr Turchynov, a Baptist from Kiev, became a trusted lawmaker in Yulia Tymoshenko’s Fatherland party....

Turchynov was elected speaker of parliament and appointed interim president when Yanukovych fled. As Russian forces occupied the Crimea and surrounding provinces that same year, he armed the Ukrainian resistance while petitioning the United Nations.

“Russian propaganda called Turchynov the ‘bloody pastor,’ but it backfired,” said Ruslan Mailuta, a Ukrainian consultant with the World Evangelical Alliance. “Ukrainians viewed him with respect, as an evangelical who stood up for his country.”

Until that point, many evangelicals were drawn to Russian president Vladimir Putin’s rhetoric for conservative values. But currently...very few evangelicals support the party.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1121 on: March 26, 2022, 07:14:25 PM »
Biden is trying hard to get us nuked.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1122 on: March 26, 2022, 08:32:51 PM »
Biden is trying hard to get us nuked.

What did he say in his address today?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #1123 on: March 26, 2022, 08:34:29 PM »
Putin can't stay in power.

So Putin will go on TV and say the USA is trying to wipe him out.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1124 on: March 28, 2022, 11:45:34 AM »
Putin can't stay in power.

So Putin will go on TV and say the USA is trying to wipe him out.

I love how simultaneity while they're praising it for being among the greatest speeches ever they're also saying he didn't actually say much of it. 
- Calvin and Hobbes