Author Topic: Train Robbers  (Read 2876 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Train Robbers
« on: January 15, 2022, 08:48:38 AM »
Well, train thieves. I guess it makes sense, but I didn't know that this was such a prevalent thing:

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/01/15/must-see-videos-detail-the-underreported-problem-of-package-theft-from-trains-and-the-bs-response-from-the-das-office/

I'm actually not sure which sickens me more - the thievery or the litter. Who could live in that hellhole?

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Train Robbers
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 08:55:07 AM »
Welcome to Venezuela America
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 09:00:02 AM »
Kristine Lazar
@CBSLAKristine
Letter from @UnionPacific to @LADAOffice on rise in train robberies. 90 containers breached a day, theft up 356% says UP. UP considering rerouting it’s trains out of LA county. UP asks DA to be harder on theives. Says they’re back out on the tracks a day after released.
@CBSLA
https://twitter.com/CBSLAKristine/status/1482115852216385538?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1482120875180580866%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fgregp-3534%2F2022%2F01%2F15%2Fmust-see-videos-detail-the-underreported-problem-of-package-theft-from-trains-and-the-bs-response-from-the-das-office%2F

:facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 09:50:19 AM »
Impressive, but I wonder if any of the heists were done under the noses of twenty trained Alliance feds.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 12:03:22 PM »
Impressive, but I wonder if any of the heists were done under the noses of twenty trained Alliance feds.

The Alliance feds weren't there to guard FedEx and Amazon shipments, so they probably didn't care.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 01:19:55 PM »
Some boys in Chicago scored a bunch of new guns off a rail car just a few years ago.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 03:46:46 PM »
I think the comment about rerouting trains around that county are what they will have to do.  Also, stop using shipping ports in that area if that is involved. 

This involves interstate commerce so the Feds could get involved if they cared to do so.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Parker Dean

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 04:14:14 PM »
I think the comment about rerouting trains around that county are what they will have to do.  Also, stop using shipping ports in that area if that is involved. 

This involves interstate commerce so the Feds could get involved if they cared to do so.
I think that would be about impossible though. Just to the south and west of Lincoln Heights is a major railyard for loading containers and no doubt where trucks take the containers from the port. From that railyard there a double rail line that basically parallels Alhambra and Mission to the south and east to Colton where there's a switching yard and from there trains turn northish and parallel the old Route 66 through the Cajon Pass, which would be a choke point no matter what.

Since this is a lot of infrastructure and established connections what I think they'll do is harden the line against intrusion with wall, wire, and patrols where the trains are slow or stopped. Otherwise they'd have to move the loading yard over by San Bernardino, if there's enough level ground for that, and truck the containers from the port to there.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 04:25:43 PM »
Time was if you messed with the mail car you got shot or if captured hanged.
Now they give you a free warm meal and cozy place to sleep overnight then let you back out in the morning to do it again.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 06:59:07 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 05:45:21 PM »

Pic credit in Properties

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2022, 05:58:21 PM »
Simple solution: Hire people to ride shotgun. I bet it would be cheaper than the cost of the losses. And, it has the added advantage of attrition.

A good slogan would be the good old stand-by, "You loot, we shoot."

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2022, 08:13:05 PM »
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 01:09:00 AM by 230RN »

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2022, 08:20:34 PM »
Just start shooting the thieves.  They sure aren't scared of the police; maybe they will be scared of the gun.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2022, 08:25:43 PM »
I suspect we're gonna see some mercenaries in the near future... Deniable mercenaries....
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2022, 08:26:33 PM »
Just start shooting the thieves.  They sure aren't scared of the police; maybe they will be scared of the gun.

Then you will probably go to prison.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2022, 09:01:10 PM »
"Bobby, at 10pm tonight, you turn off all the cameras and recorders... Just trip over that plug or something, okay?"

Word would get out. Don't call the cops. The crooks likely won't. Silenced .22LR or something bigger and subsonic, and... Make the bodies disappear. Just make sure nobody involved will talk.
Blog under construction

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 09:36:58 PM »
Bet it was those dastardly White supremacists again.  They're above the law,  untouchable!
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 08:20:10 AM »
Bet it was those dastardly White supremacists again.  They're above the law,  untouchable!

Trend now to blame any and all crime by minorities on white suppression of that minority.

White crime = White supremacy
Minority crime = White supremacy
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 09:22:18 PM »
Trend now to blame any and all crime by minorities on white suppression of that minority.

White crime = White supremacy
Minority crime = White supremacy

Or "teens"

This country has a criminal demographic problem that no one dares mention.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2022, 09:26:46 PM »
Found out today that someone went in my store last night, told the counter guy he wanted to buy a radiator, and when he went to fetch it, him and his buddy rolled a cherry picker engine hoist out the front door and into a pickup truck... Bam gone...

Blog under construction

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2022, 09:35:20 PM »
"Bobby, at 10pm tonight, you turn off all the cameras and recorders... Just trip over that plug or something, okay?"

Word would get out. Don't call the cops. The crooks likely won't. Silenced .22LR or something bigger and subsonic, and... Make the bodies disappear. Just make sure nobody involved will talk.

Well hell, you already  have a train, stack the bodies in an empty box car and wait until you are rolling through the desert way out there and roll them out. Crude but it would work, coyotes, condors, crows etc would clean up the mess eventually.

The only problem is the only way two people can keep a secret is for one of them to be dead.  =|

bob

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2022, 09:41:00 PM »

I’m patiently waiting for the day we go back to vigilante justice

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2022, 09:56:34 PM »
I’m patiently waiting for the day we go back to vigilante justice

I submit that the "vigilante justice" the left hates was probably justified.  An angry mob probably got it wrong occasionally,  but I'll take that over the current catch and release BS. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2022, 10:10:38 PM »
The original "vigilantes" were formed when no police forces existed... in CA, if I remember correctly.  They would hold informal trials before executing perps.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2022, 10:26:11 PM »
I submit that the "vigilante justice" the left hates was probably justified.  An angry mob probably got it wrong occasionally,  but I'll take that over the current catch and release BS.
The main issue to me is the thieves have no fear of the consequences of their actions.  That needs to be fixed somehow.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge