Author Topic: Raylan is Back  (Read 4395 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Raylan is Back
« on: January 15, 2022, 09:13:49 AM »
Looks like Raylan will be back in a limited series. An older and wiser(?) Raylan in Detroit. The Raylan character is apparently replacing another Leonard character that would have been in Detroit.

I'm glad to see Raylan will be back. I'm not sure how I feel about him in the Detroit setting. Kentucky and environs are obviously a good place for him. Even Miami works for him and his hat. I'm not sure how well the cowboy will play in Detroit.

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/timothy-olyphant-justified.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
Re: Raylan is Back
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
Looking forward to it.  I only discovered the series last year but really enjoyed it.  A lot of colorful characters.  Detroit will probably create some more.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 12:05:35 PM »
Saw that article last night.  SWMBO and myself really liked Justified, so we're looking forward to this follow-on series.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 12:40:23 PM »
I'm not sure how well the cowboy will play in Detroit.

Did somebody in the studio catch a rerun of McCloud?

https://www.cozitv.com/shows/mccloud/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 12:51:26 PM »
Hope it's as good as the original series.  My worry is that so much of what was good in the series wasn't just Raylan, it was the whole ensemble and their interactions...Boyd, Ava, Dewy Crowe, the team of Marshalls.

Looking forward to seeing how things go.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2022, 02:08:42 PM »
. . .  I'm not sure how well the cowboy will play in Detroit.  . . .
Well, from what I understand large parts of Detroit may as well be frontier wilderness these days . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 02:25:11 PM »
My worry is that so much of what was good in the series wasn't just Raylan, it was the whole ensemble and their interactions...Boyd, Ava, Dewy Crowe, the team of Marshalls.

My hope is that if it's the same production team, that they'll bring good characters to the new series as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 08:45:34 PM »
I grew up in Central Kentucky. Went to college at Eastern Kentucky University. I had a Hatfield living across the hall from me. I had a roomie from Eastern, Ky.  Yup, that's a "town."

Way the hell back in the hollers.

Guys would go home on the weekend to help out on the family business. And they'd come back on Sunday night with a mason jar of their grandfather's finest. Gunpowder proof. Put hair on your chest. Made for family, not for sale.

Some stuff from Justified didn't work for me. Because "you can't get there from here" goes a LONG way  describing driving from Harlan or Hazard to Lexington, Frankfort (capitol) or Louisville. That drive is gonna take a while.

But they had good bourbon. Blanton's is my overall favorite. Never had any of that pappy stuff - had never heard of it, to tell you the truth.

And Ale-8-One is a kickass soda from Winchester, KY.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 08:57:59 PM by Bogie »
Blog under construction

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2022, 08:49:26 PM »
Unfortunately, Justified was originally filmed on location somewhere in...  California.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2022, 08:58:43 PM »
Probably near Korea...
Blog under construction

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2022, 09:17:17 PM »
A good friend of mine grew up in one of the coal town's in eastern Ky.  He told me Justified couldn't be filmed there because the locals would have shot up anyone looking like law enforcement just because.....

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2022, 09:20:34 PM »
We sent NG personnel there after a spate of tornados, to document things photographically to make sure folks got that Washington money.

They made the mistake of driving "state cars." Which were basically state police cars without the light bars. A few times that got interesting.
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 08:30:30 AM »
 Margo Martindale as Mags Bennett... the single greatest female "bad guy" ever.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2022, 09:44:42 AM »
So while looking for video about the new show, I found this clip from the original series. I do not remember this in an episode (maybe I need to rewatch the whole dang thing) so maybe it was just a promo clip? Anyway, funny and typical Raylan.  :laugh:

https://youtu.be/3ekTLgp4JNA

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2022, 03:18:15 PM »
Margo Martindale as Mags Bennett... the single greatest female "bad guy" ever.

Yup.  Give her all the Emmys.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2022, 04:09:12 PM »
So while looking for video about the new show, I found this clip from the original series. I do not remember this in an episode (maybe I need to rewatch the whole dang thing) so maybe it was just a promo clip? Anyway, funny and typical Raylan.  :laugh:

I don't remember that one, either. At all.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2022, 06:10:23 PM »

It was just a promo.   But a great promo--much like this one!

https://youtu.be/wVT0B3pPsa8

Raylen later becomes a Marshall on Tatooine in the Mandalorian

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 10:07:57 PM »
Raylen later becomes a Marshall on Tatooine in the Mandalorian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3FFoCII3B4

Dialogue is not as snappy as Justified but still fun.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2022, 08:13:48 PM »
On FX? When?
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2022, 08:14:52 PM »
And... Necromancy time...

Anyone see it yet? I understand that it is out on FX? Which is on Hulu? What's a cheap way to binge it over the next couple of days off?
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2022, 11:33:53 PM »
so... Nobody's seen it yet?
Blog under construction

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2022, 11:51:23 PM »
I don't think it's been released yet.

https://www.outkick.com/justified-city-primeval-timothy-olyphant-production-update-fx/

As of two months ago in this article, there was no official release date.  Can't seem to find any official release date now.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2022, 07:47:32 AM »
Yeah, not yet released, no release dates other than "Summer 2023".

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2022, 11:44:18 AM »
I met a guy (friend of a friend kind of thing) who worked on a few seasons of Justified.  Fun fact, they used a ton of airsoft guns on filming, because so many shooting scenes were considered too close to be safe with blank rounds.  The airsoft with green gas are safe enough for close range shots.  Baldwin should have had this crew on set.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2023, 02:03:05 PM »
Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6KEgWSFfaE

Looks like same ol' Raylan in a new town.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama