Author Topic: MSNBC Watch  (Read 3860 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
MSNBC Watch
« on: January 16, 2022, 09:39:09 AM »
I often find the headlines over on MSNBC's frontpage amusing at times at how far detach from reality they are and other times down right scary.
Trump really needs to charge them rent.

Headlines for today include

How the 14th Amendment could block Trump's cronies from re-election

The absurd reason Jan. 6 rioters can't be charged with domestic terrorism

The RNC's new debate pledge is a cult-like tribute to Trump's incompetence

Americans point to the best president of the last 40 years in new poll (Guess who's far far out in front)

Another losing Republican candidate embraces election denialism

Trump appears to be turning on DeSantis. This could get interesting.

Democrats may be closer to saving voting rights, thanks to a Senate loophole

The GOP finally gave up its deceptive 'support' for voting rights

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: MSNBC Watch
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 09:48:02 AM »
How could I forget this one?

New research reveals link between misogyny and far-right extremism
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 09:56:04 AM »
This surprises you?

A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 09:57:06 AM »
This surprises you?

Not in the least
They put Baghdad Bob to shame
Like I said I often find it amusing and other times scary
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 10:21:16 AM »
As someone who is on the right by default where I'm especially cautious and skeptical is while watching FOX News and Newsmax.

The propaganda and narrative policing can be more insidious when you aren't on guard and watching and being vigilant.

The enemy wants to herd the right into a metaphorical kill box.   
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 10:31:20 AM »
As someone who is on the right by default where I'm especially cautious and skeptical is while watching FOX News and Newsmax.

The propaganda and narrative policing can be more insidious when you aren't on guard and watching and being vigilant.

Yep
I'm usually, or at least try to be, extra cautious when they're telling me what I want to hear. But sometimes I let my guard down and get caught up in a story that turns out to be BS.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 04:22:12 PM »
I love that MSNBC is still completely focused on Trump.

I just hope that they're able to keep politicians they support focused on Trump in the way that they kept McAuliffe in Virginia focused on Trump.

Because, EVERYONE knows continually screeching TRUMP! TRUMP! TRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPP! when discussing any conservative candidate is a surefire path towards electoral success!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2022, 10:08:25 PM »
They've become so habitually absurd it's becoming more and more difficult for parody sites (e.g., the Babylon Bee) to parody MSNBC.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 09:19:14 AM »
Still zero mention of the synagogue attack on their front page that I've seen unless I missed it at some point.

------------------

Trump just started pushing a very weird, new Jan. 6 conspiracy theory

Trump criticizes politicians who play shy about booster shots

Mitt Romney proves he's no different than his radical, conservative colleagues

'Manchinema' doesn't exist beyond the filibuster

MLK Jr. would've despised the GOP's 'anti-CRT' push. Just read his words.

Jan. 6 committee’s big tech subpoenas might be the GOP's biggest threat

Give me your condolences. Keep your questions about the departed's vaccine status.

The last American election? 2020 and the rise of the anti-democrats

I served the GOP for 20 years. The demise of democracy doesn't have 'both sides.'

How white supremacists are trying to fight the 'American evolution'

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2022, 09:59:52 AM »
Still zero mention of the synagogue attack on their front page that I've seen unless I missed it at some point.

------------------

Trump just started pushing a very weird, new Jan. 6 conspiracy theory

Trump criticizes politicians who play shy about booster shots

Mitt Romney proves he's no different than his radical, conservative colleagues

'Manchinema' doesn't exist beyond the filibuster

MLK Jr. would've despised the GOP's 'anti-CRT' push. Just read his words.

Jan. 6 committee’s big tech subpoenas might be the GOP's biggest threat

Give me your condolences. Keep your questions about the departed's vaccine status.

The last American election? 2020 and the rise of the anti-democrats

I served the GOP for 20 years. The demise of democracy doesn't have 'both sides.'

How white supremacists are trying to fight the 'American evolution'
This reads almost as if it could be the storyboard for a Saturday Night Live "Weekend Update" segment. (Does SNL even have these any more?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 10:04:57 AM »
Okay found a video in a search for "synagogue" on their site

It's was basically blah blah blah The rise of hatred and bigotry the past few years blah blah blah.
Last few years???

'It's part of a larger pattern': Texas synagogue hostage standoff and rising anti-Semitism in the U.S.
https://www.msnbc.com/yasmin-vossoughian-reports/watch/-it-s-part-of-a-larger-pattern-texas-synagogue-hostage-standoff-and-rising-anti-semitism-in-the-u-s-131007045587
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 10:45:35 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 10:36:22 AM »
Okay found a video in a search for "synagogue" on their site

It's was basically blah blah blah The rise of hated and bigotry the past few years blah blah blah.
Last few years???

'It's part of a larger pattern': Texas synagogue hostage standoff and rising anti-Semitism in the U.S.
https://www.msnbc.com/yasmin-vossoughian-reports/watch/-it-s-part-of-a-larger-pattern-texas-synagogue-hostage-standoff-and-rising-anti-semitism-in-the-u-s-131007045587
Considering he had only been in the US a couple weeks, I think the article is targeting the wrong country. 

That said, probably just a rehash of an older story used as filler.  Stuff like that makes me wonder if they have automated bots writing stories.  Many online stories aren't very long.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 10:47:46 AM »
I could be wrong but I think they mean "the few years" to imply since Trump without actually mentioning his name.
You got to remember in their world there was no hatred and bigotry during the Obama years
Unless you count any criticism of Obama being automatedly labeled as such despite there being no hatred and bigotry.  :O
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 11:10:55 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 11:24:56 AM »
Well it appears that they DID mention the synagogue attack, and offhandedly linked it to white supremacy prior to the perpetrator being identified.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/01/17/maybe-dem-mich-ag-and-msnbc-guest-dana-nessel-shouldntve-suggested-that-texas-synagogue-hostage-situation-was-white-supremacists-doing-video/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 11:56:12 AM »
Well it appears that they DID mention the synagogue attack, and offhandedly linked it to white supremacy prior to the perpetrator being identified.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/01/17/maybe-dem-mich-ag-and-msnbc-guest-dana-nessel-shouldntve-suggested-that-texas-synagogue-hostage-situation-was-white-supremacists-doing-video/

I'm not watching their TV channel, don't have cable anyway, to find that.
Already had too many brain cells jump ship just watching the above video anyway.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 09:15:40 PM »
Oh look, more Trump

Trump's kids are in legal hot water

A leftist millennial toppling a Trump-like fascist has Latin America abuzz

'Clownish' Trump lawyers from 'hair dye press conference' subpoenaed in Jan. 6th investigation

Carville: Biden crushes right-wing media and Trumpism

Prosecutors reportedly take an interest in Trump's Jan. 6 role

New York AG presents new evidence of Trump Org. fraud

White House takes aim at one of Trump's most consequential mistakes
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 07:31:51 AM »
Coming soon on MSNBC:

Was Trump actually Hitler? You've never seen them in the same picture

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 09:54:32 AM »
Not so much Trump this morning. It's mostly about we have no voting rights in this country now thanks to the Rs  and other things.
See zip on Biden's press conference. Perhaps not even MSNBC can polish that turd.

Ron DeSantis-backed sad white people bill has roots in Florida's racist past

Recent history of Senate 'nuclear option' belies hand-wringing on voting rights bills

In Senate fight over voting rights, Republicans win, voters lose

Cory Booker reveals clever tool Democrats can still use to pass voting rights

The GOP's 'rolling coup' has large corporate backers

Is the 'Zoom ceiling' the new glass ceiling? Experts worry remote work will hold women back

America's next mass migration could be underway. You can thank air conditioning.

Oh wait, here's some Trump

Trump is gone, but the cruel legacy of America's immigration crisis remains
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 08:57:13 AM »
Apparently MSNBC ha a burr up their arse over dem "traitors" with this one

Biden could make life miserable for Manchin and Sinema. And he should.

In other news

It’s not just Tucker Carlson. The right’s soft spot for Putin is also well documented.

DOJ charges Texas man with threatening to kill Georgia election officials

Mystal: Justice Thomas is a lone dissenter on Jan. 6 issues that could implicate his wife

It's not by accident SCOTUS is letting an unconstitutional law stand. It's by design.

But back to Orange Man

The Trump family is in hot water again. And Tish James does her homework.

Trump lawyer admits pushing states to skirt legal electors process

Jan. 6 rally leader turns on Trump, says he would not vote for him again

The weird, Big Lie-related gift Trump sent to every House Republican

Draft document would have had Trump order seizure of voting machines, election equipment

As bad as it gets': Trump took hits from all sides this week. What hurt him most?

- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 10:39:56 AM »
Apparently MSNBC ha a burr up their arse over dem "traitors" with this one

Biden could make life miserable for Manchin and Sinema. And he should.

In other news

It’s not just Tucker Carlson. The right’s soft spot for Putin is also well documented.

DOJ charges Texas man with threatening to kill Georgia election officials

Mystal: Justice Thomas is a lone dissenter on Jan. 6 issues that could implicate his wife

It's not by accident SCOTUS is letting an unconstitutional law stand. It's by design.

But back to Orange Man

The Trump family is in hot water again. And Tish James does her homework.

Trump lawyer admits pushing states to skirt legal electors process

Jan. 6 rally leader turns on Trump, says he would not vote for him again

The weird, Big Lie-related gift Trump sent to every House Republican

Draft document would have had Trump order seizure of voting machines, election equipment

As bad as it gets': Trump took hits from all sides this week. What hurt him most?

Those read like supermarket tabloid headlines.  Anything about batboy?   "Brave final days of ____"?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2022, 11:00:58 AM »
Those read like supermarket tabloid headlines.  Anything about batboy?   "Brave final days of ____"?

Someone in China ate him. Think it was right before the COVID outbreak.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2022, 08:47:29 PM »
Someone in China ate him. Think it was right before the COVID outbreak.

Biden? They didn't eat him -- they only ate his brain.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2022, 10:43:21 AM »
You know, by posting MSNBC headlines here, you're probably doubling or tripling MSNBCs readership/viewership, albeit indirectly.

Good thing the ratings services don't survey APS members.  :rofl:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2022, 09:12:50 AM »
Oh good grief
Yes that is the actual photo accompanying the headline

Why so many heavy metal fans join the far-right

« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 10:13:20 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2022, 09:17:33 AM »
In other news

Don't sleep on the extremist white women of Jan. 6

Trump aide Peter Navarro pressed on Trump fans' violent attacks on police

Former AG William Barr has met 'voluntarily' with Jan. 6 committee

Why Newt Gingrich's rant about the Jan. 6 investigation matters

Fmr. Pence advisor says time for ex-VP to come forward and tell Americans what he saw

Ivanka Trump's chance to stand up for American democracy

'Give Manchin the pen': Markey, Khanna on how to get climate into Build Back Better

Mississippi's cruel — and terrifyingly savvy — first attempt to legally erase trans people

'Let her be': Green M&M's new shoes evoke Republican rage

- Calvin and Hobbes