Author Topic: Binary trigger for Glock 17 coming...  (Read 897 times)

Pb

• friend
Binary trigger for Glock 17 coming...
« on: January 17, 2022, 02:03:51 PM »
Well this should be entertaining....  =D and send a lot of lead into the stratosphere...   ;)

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/franklin-armorys-new-g-s173-system-gives-your-gen3-glock-17-binary-fire-capability/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Binary trigger for Glock 17 coming...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 02:26:21 PM »
I expect this will trigger (pun!) a response from the ATF that FA and the gun community in general will not like. Hope I'm wrong.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 02:42:20 PM »
another way to turn money into noise says I
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Pb

• friend

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 03:09:47 PM »
another way to turn money into noise says I

Suppress it

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2022, 03:13:23 PM »
If you have one of the pistol braces for the G17 or one of the carbine kits, that makes a lot of sense (for having fun). 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2022, 06:29:49 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 06:39:05 PM »
I am trying not to turn into an old FUD But i did drive three hours one way to go back and get an antique single shot .22. I imagine I will always have black guns and the need to pull the trigger entirely too fast. And I recognize that I must defend the ownership of things like binary trigger absolutely.

However, it seems to me the people that are most likely to own binary triggers are the ones least likely to give a good showing at representing the gun owning American as a group. And furthermore no chance I would want this on any social firearm where you are liable for every round. We are all full up with people that have one direction booger hook problems with glocks. And now you want them to think in two directions? Under stress? Geez.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 12:35:05 AM by French G. »
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 07:32:42 PM »
What's hilarious is that if one had nefarious intentions an actual auto sear is cheaper to get and easier to install.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2022, 07:38:30 PM »
I am trying not to turn into an old Fire. But i did drive three hours one way to go back and get an antique single shot .22. I imagine I will always have black guns and the need to pull the trigger entirely too fast. And I recognize that I must defend the ownership of things like binary trigger absolutely.

However, it seems to me the people that are most likely to own binary triggers are the ones least likely to give a good showing at representing the gun owning American as a group. And furthermore no chance I would want this on any social firearm where you are liable for every round. We are all full up with people that have one direction booger hook problems with glocks. And now you want them to think in two directions? Under stress? Geez.
I have one for my CZ 9mm carbine.  I have no plans at all to use it for serious duty.  It is a fun toy.  Something to mag dump with occasionally to put a smile on your face.  Even better with a suppressor.  They make one for a 10/22 which is very tempting, but expensive.

If the full auto registry were still open, none of this would be a thing. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2022, 07:41:59 PM »
Keltec email came in today.  Looks like a Glock 19 size gun but supposed to be 7/8" wide. 
The KelTec P15 is a striker-fired, polymer pistol that weighs only 14oz and boasts a 15+1 capacity right out of the box. It’s the lightest, thinnest double-stack 9mm handgun on the market.
https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/p15/?utm_campaign=P15&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=201082928&utm_content=201082928&utm_source=hs_email

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2022, 07:53:03 PM »
I have a rare breed trigger that I haven't installed yet.  I'm waiting on a tax stamp and then I am thinking about putting it in a suppressed 9mm AR.  Should be pretty damn fun.

Not every gun needs a serious purpose.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2022, 08:58:54 PM »
I am also seeing a photo indicating FN is reintroducing the High Power.  The picture looks like someone took a photo of FN's Shot Show booth poster.  We will see.  Show opens tomorrow.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 09:45:15 PM by MechAg94 »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2022, 10:05:52 PM »
Keltec email came in today.  Looks like a Glock 19 size gun but supposed to be 7/8" wide.  https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearm/pistols/p15/?utm_campaign=P15&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=201082928&utm_content=201082928&utm_source=hs_email

14 oz!  They are going to sell all of those they make!   :laugh:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2022, 10:13:04 PM »
Mini Gun Demo By Profense at SHOT Show Industry Day at the Range
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9pJSVdHqiA
Shooting doens't start until after 5 minutes.  This one has a variable rate of fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 09:57:41 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1YyYwIfH_g
Shooting the Binary Glock at the range day. 

He is using a brace.  Still looks hard to control. 

Pb

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2022, 10:21:05 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1YyYwIfH_g
Shooting the Binary Glock at the range day. 

He is using a brace.  Still looks hard to control.

Looks awesome!  I note that they didn't show the target... ;)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2022, 11:11:00 AM »
Looks awesome!  I note that they didn't show the target... ;)
Well, most self defense is at 3 yards or less right? 

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2022, 04:52:44 PM »
I am also seeing a photo indicating FN is reintroducing the High Power.  The picture looks like someone took a photo of FN's Shot Show booth poster.  We will see.  Show opens tomorrow.

That was announced a month ago (or more?). There are a number of reviews out - mostly positive. I mean, how badly could they screw up a HiPower?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2022, 06:36:21 PM »
It was new news to me.  And others that I heard mention it.  Are you sure you are not talking about the Springfield Armory version?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2022, 06:38:42 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CY4tI64vwnG/
Keltec posted a picture on their Instagram of an all metal P15 pistol with removeable grips. 
keltecweapons
A pair of firsts for us…
The new, all metal construction, striker-fire P15 9mm pistol.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2022, 06:40:28 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/CY4tI64vwnG/
Keltec posted a picture on their Instagram of an all metal P15 pistol with removeable grips. 

I own 4 Kel-Tecs but that  [barf]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2022, 09:44:05 PM »
On one video, I saw that PSA is going to release a 5.7x28 handgun.  Sounded like the mags may be partially compatible with the Ruger 5.7.