Author Topic: Police in this tiny Alabama town suck drivers into legal ‘black hole’  (Read 749 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Small Town Police Dept is Out of Control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXE9i1Qk7q8

Police in this tiny Alabama town suck drivers into legal ‘black hole’
https://www.al.com/news/2022/01/police-in-this-tiny-alabama-town-suck-drivers-into-legal-black-hole.html

Hard to summarize this one, but Lehto does pretty good in his video.  Small town of 1500 has a bunch of cops who routinely ticket and arrest people for revenue. 

Anyone know if the Alabama state police or legislature ever do anything about stuff like this?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
And of course they're all going through "SWAT training" and have the armored toys in the driveway. I sure hope the state or even feds come down hard on these aholes. If it's a small enough town, maybe a good punishment is completely disbanding the police there and having the town serviced by the Sheriff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
Yikes.  If I spent any time in an area like that I'd get a GPS-enabled dash camera for sure.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Johnsonville TN threw my father in law’s father in jail on a false DUI charge. He’s a 77 year old man who drives a parts expediter cargo van, was pulled over to take a nap and eat and being tired and old was a little disoriented and the crooked ass cop railroaded him.  He had to get a lawyer to fight it.

Of course these little towns never seem to pick a fight with the local Marvin Heemayer, unfortunately.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
I've been to Johnsonville - they do NOT like truckers or similar folks... No idea why.

Here in the St. Louis metro, we have over 100 small municipalities, many with their own police forces. Which do nothing but write tickets...

Kinloch, MO is still a thing. Google it.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
I never cease to wonder why we don't see more Killdozer type events.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
Too many lawyers. Not enough welders.

I suspect that we're going to see more and more instances of people hoisting the black flag...
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
^ :rofl:

Dunno if it's the same, but Gilcrest CO up north of Denver on hwy 85 had a nifty system where the limit suddenly dropped from 55 (this was before the 55 mph nonsense went away) to  35 when you hit the city limits.

There was hardly enough time to slow down between the two signs.

I plead  not guilty, had the cop come in to the hearing, challenged him on his knowledge of radar and his last calibration, and just when it looked like I might be getting somewhere, the Magistrate suddenly banged his gavel and said guilty, pay the fine.

In my head I heard the "woo-wooooo whistle and chugachugachugachuga" of a railroad train.

I only did it to show young Son2 how the law worked.  Bad example of that, eh?

Heh.  "Too many lawyers and not enough welders..."

Still laughing over that one, Bogie,

Terry

cordex

• Administrator
I never cease to wonder why we don't see more Killdozer type events.
Because “all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable.”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Because “all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable.”

^       

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
FWIW, Ferguson was blamed, in large part, and I think justifiably, on revenue policing... Not the initial incident, but the riots...
Blog under construction