Author Topic: Springfield Armory Inc. making a HiPower clone  (Read 3843 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Springfield Armory Inc. making a HiPower clone
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2021, 03:39:17 PM »
I have an SA 1911-A1 Mil Spec that I picked up in the mid 1990s. Not sure how it's marked, but I think even back then SA was forging their frames OCONUS and finishing them here.

'99 (I think) I bought a Springfield Loaded for my brother who as living in Japan at the time.  (I had custody until they moved to the US a few years later.)  Frame on that one said Brazil.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2021, 04:46:29 PM »
And... Next, do you think we could talk 'em into making an M1 carbine in 5.7?

Rather have one in .357 magnum.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2021, 05:33:25 PM »
I just grabbed my TRP. It only says "Genesco" on it. At least on the outside. I didn't take it apart to see if there is something inside the frame.

Well, mine is newer than yours by a little bit, 2001,  and it also only has Geneseo Illinois stamped on the frame.

Maybe I was thinking of my buddies loaded? Power of suggestion? Weird.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2021, 05:46:26 PM »
Well, mine is newer than yours by a little bit, 2001,  and it also only has Geneseo Illinois stamped on the frame.

Maybe I was thinking of my buddies loaded? Power of suggestion? Weird.

It has been a long while, but I am pretty positive when I was doing my TRP purchase research, that everything I read said frames=Brazil. Maybe if they are unfinished there is (or was) no requirement to make a separate mention and they were able to just throw the "made in USA" stamp on them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2021, 12:25:55 AM »
I'm still puzzled by the 80s vibe in the photo. I would have expected WWII memorabilia.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2021, 12:41:27 AM »
I  wouldn't throw it outta my safe for associating with Tupperware...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2021, 01:59:01 AM »
It has been a long while, but I am pretty positive when I was doing my TRP purchase research, that everything I read said frames=Brazil. Maybe if they are unfinished there is (or was) no requirement to make a separate mention and they were able to just throw the "made in USA" stamp on them.

Springfield Armory had a contract with Imbel of Brazil. Until some time around 2010 ALL Springfield 1911 frames and slides came from Imbel. The lower-end pistols were completely assembled in Brazil and were marked "Made in Brazil." The fine print of the law allowed Springfield to import the parts for the higher end guns from Brazil, assemble them in the U.S., and legally mark them as "Made in USA."

Since approximately 2010 that arrangement is no longer in effect. I don't think Springfield sources any 1911 parts or guns from Brazil now.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2021, 07:40:35 PM »
This thread needs a new direction....
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/mossberg-464-30-30-win-lever-action-rifle/452797

https://www.mossberg.com/product/464-centerfire-lever-action-rifle-straight-grip-41010/

I came across this in a TSRA email.  I hadn't realized Mossberg made a Winchester clone.  I guess it isn't new.  I don't see it in stock anywhere, but the price looks more affordable than most.

Any of you ever fired one of the Mossberg lever rifles?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2021, 04:25:23 PM »
"Configured without a magazine disconnect for a drop free magazine."

Now that is a nice touch.

Anyone know if it uses standard High Power mags?

Couple of people here at the office are talking about it; apparently it only comes with one magazine.
IIRC from the TFB video, mags are compatible in both directions.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2021, 06:54:33 PM »
I came across this in a TSRA email.  I hadn't realized Mossberg made a Winchester clone.  I guess it isn't new.  I don't see it in stock anywhere, but the price looks more affordable than most.

I didn't, either. And it looks like a nice one.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2021, 07:42:48 PM »
If they wanted to really get me all hot and bothered and yelling SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! they would chamber one in .30 Luger...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2021, 11:19:10 PM »
IIRC from the TFB video, mags are compatible in both directions.

That is what I'm hearing from the videos, as well.

I know Brandon-all about HiPowers, but my understanding is that the 15-round magazines are just a higher-capacity design, made to be used in standard HiPowers.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2021, 10:15:10 AM »
$1,500+   :O

Online Gun Shops Price Gouging on Springfield SA-35!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Bz5ZYqF5M
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2021, 10:29:15 AM »
$1,500+   :O

Online Gun Shops Price Gouging on Springfield SA-35!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Bz5ZYqF5M
There's STILL price gouging going on with ammunition, so why should anyone be surprised that there's price gouging going on with at least SOME guns?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2021, 07:07:17 PM »
I know Brandon-all about HiPowers, but my understanding is that the 15-round magazines are just a higher-capacity design, made to be used in standard HiPowers.

Correct.  The Meg-Gar 15-rounders fit flush in a Browning HiPower.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2022, 08:00:06 AM »
Turkish Girsan P35, a little cheaper, has mag disconnect.

https://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/girsan-mc-p35-worthy-browning-hi-power-clone

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2022, 10:58:52 AM »
This thread needs a new direction....
https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/mossberg-464-30-30-win-lever-action-rifle/452797

https://www.mossberg.com/product/464-centerfire-lever-action-rifle-straight-grip-41010/

Any of you ever fired one of the Mossberg lever rifles?

Has Mossberg discontinued that lever action? The second link doesn't work, and I can't find the gun on their web site.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2022, 07:00:37 PM »
Has Mossberg discontinued that lever action? The second link doesn't work, and I can't find the gun on their web site.

You might be right.  I got this sight to come up from a search, but is blank. 
https://www.mossberg.com/firearms/rifles/lever-action-rifles/

A search also came up with sites that showed it in stock for less than $400.  I can only assume those were fake sites. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2022, 12:53:16 PM »
Now FN is getting back into the game. Sort of...

https://youtu.be/PloBxyk00vc