Author Topic: The World Elite  (Read 401 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The World Elite
« on: January 22, 2022, 04:28:41 PM »
A speaker at the World Economic Forum, discussing how while the elites of the world are trusting each other more to "come together and do great things", the majority populations in every country are trusting them less and less. Sounds like the old Great Reset is being slowed down by the pesky peasants.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1484607172591984643
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: The World Elite
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 04:35:03 PM »
There's nothing elite about these people. They're simply just rich
I think this reply sums up a lot of what I see from people who think they are "elite".  It applies to politicians also. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 08:37:31 PM »
My grand theory is that from sometime around the magna carta with some stops and starts the peasants began to believe they were free. Of course there were earlier societies that tried to have egalitarian ideals but the church came along and fixed that. And now here we are, a bunch of theoretically free peasants. The elite don't like that and now tech is just about good enough to replace us or confine us to our natural state of bondage.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 09:26:10 PM »
I would simply say that there are always people with money/power who seek to control everyone else.  Sometimes they can succeed a bit, sometimes not. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge