Author Topic: The Party of LOL and WTF  (Read 917 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The Party of LOL and WTF
« on: January 29, 2022, 01:28:56 PM »
A well done monologue by Bill Maher:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1487290045828501506

As part of agreeing with what he said, in my age demographic, Maher has always been the "far left". His views haven't changed, but the left accuses him of practically being a Republican now. A big difference about his far left and the current - way out there with Pluto - far left, is that even if he and I will never agree on 80% of the things that are important to us, we can at least debate them, even heatedly, without calling for each other to be censored out of existence.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
Re: The Party of LOL and WTF
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 08:57:48 PM »
Thank you for posting that.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 09:31:40 PM »
Maher getting attacked by the monster he helped create is hilarious.  That he's just now having a moment of clarity doesn't make him any friend of mine.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 09:50:20 PM »
Evil eventually discards or eats its own.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 10:01:03 AM »
Evil eventually discards or eats its own.
I won't Godwin this thread by pointing out that in 1930's Germany, the SS and SA didn't get along very well, so instead I'll just observe that Stalin and Trotsky weren't exactly the best of friends, either.  ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 10:15:52 AM »
The left has a way of dealing with minions that stray off the path

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2022, 10:22:11 AM »
, so instead I'll just observe that Stalin and Trotsky weren't exactly the best of friends, either.  ;)

Nothing an ice axe couldn't take care of.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2022, 12:19:37 PM »
"so instead I'll just observe that Stalin and Trotsky weren't exactly the best of friends, either."

Oh my God, you Commiewinned the thread.

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE DISCUSSIONS HERE!

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 01:09:05 PM »
"so instead I'll just observe that Stalin and Trotsky weren't exactly the best of friends, either."

Oh my God, you Commiewinned the thread.

Google didn't locate the word "Commiewinned" . . . SO MAYBE WE HAVE A NEW MEME! YAY!      :rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2022, 06:50:53 PM »

No, I think it's more because of the Ambulance Chasing Wonder from Down Under.   :rofl:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 07:03:34 PM »
No, I think it's more because of the Ambulance Chasing Wonder from Down Under.   :rofl:

You don't say?  lol.

George Zimmerman did nothing wrong. 

That should Beetlejuice him.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.