Author Topic: Pork butt.. mmmmm  (Read 1322 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Pork butt.. mmmmm
« on: January 15, 2022, 02:08:57 PM »
Almost time. Rub* on Thursday and back in the fridge, on the smoker yesterday about 3pm, moved over to Traeger about 9pm and let it go low and slow all night. Hit 190 about 8am, wrapped in foil, poured in some apple juice at 9am today, just now hit 205 on the temp probes so it is ready(ish) will wrap in a towel and put in a cooler for a couple of hours and then it is pulled pork sandwich time!!!

It's a labor of love, we have some friends coming by so why not? :)

Anyone nearby is welcome. ;)

bob

*This time it was brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper, instant coffee, cayenne pepper, sage and crushed rosemary. I just open the spice cabinet door and do whatever looks good. No two are ever alike.

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Pork butt.. mmmmm
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 02:21:42 PM »
Yummy. Bone in?
I squeeze fresh lime over mine a day before. Then rub all over with mustard that helps more dry rub stick and give it a good crust and flavor. I cook until the bone pulls free easily.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 02:24:24 PM »
Yummy. Bone in?
I squeeze fresh lime over mine a day before. Then rub all over with mustard that helps more dry rub stick and give it a good crust and flavor. I cook until the bone pulls free easily.

You like a bone in your butt?

Well, don't ask, don't tell, I guess...

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2022, 03:53:55 PM »
Yummy. Bone in?

Always bone in. I will have to try the mustard base next time. Maybe a mix of stone ground and whole grain. That is what I like about smoking, every time can be an experiment and it seldom goes wrong.

bob

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 04:00:57 PM »
Always bone in. I will have to try the mustard base next time. Maybe a mix of stone ground and whole grain. That is what I like about smoking, every time can be an experiment and it seldom goes wrong.

bob

I hate mustard on a sandwich, but plain old yellow hotdog mustard is great for cooking with.  That's what I would try first instead of fancy mustard.  (for a ham, try coating with yellow mustard, brown sugar, a little ground cloves, and gingersnap crumbs)
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 04:18:03 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 05:45:05 PM »
I bet you can squeal. I bet you can squeal like a pig. Go ahead, squeal. Squeal, now. Squeal.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 05:58:31 PM »
Oh my god Becky....
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 07:56:44 PM »
Oh my god Becky....

Is this still the bone-in-butt thing?  I'n usually pretty good with double entendres but am obviously out of my league here  =D
"It's good, though..."