Author Topic: Justice Stephen Breyer to retire  (Read 9939 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Justice Stephen Breyer to retire
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2022, 09:47:41 AM »
*expletive deleted*ck em give whoever 10 times worse treatment than Kavanaugh and Barrett were treated.

Whoever Biden puts forth will be the worst of the worst anyway might as well be complete asses about it.

Give the democrats their own medicine.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2022, 09:49:22 AM »

(Saw on TV last night that one of the presumptive front runners has had her decisions[/i] unanimously overturned by an appeals court many times. This would be a valid line of attack during the hearings.)

I saw an interview this morning that brought up an interesting point: For schools and private business, the SC itself has ruled against the gender and race threshold as unconstitutional and unlawful. So demanding that only a black woman can be the next Justice, without considering other qualified candidates, is contrary to the SC itself.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2022, 10:13:16 AM »
I saw an interview this morning that brought up an interesting point: For schools and private business, the SC itself has ruled against the gender and race threshold as unconstitutional and unlawful. So demanding that only a black woman can be the next Justice, without considering other qualified candidates, is contrary to the SC itself.

They're democrats so whats your point?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2022, 11:16:04 AM »
McConnell Could Stop Biden From Replacing Justice Stephen Breyer Due To ‘Little-Noticed Backroom Deal’: Report
https://www.dailywire.com/news/mcconnell-could-stop-biden-from-replacing-justice-stephen-breyer-due-to-little-noticed-backroom-deal-report

TIME Magazine reported. “Well, in a little-noticed backroom deal that took more than a month to hammer out, McConnell and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer agreed to a power-sharing plan in February that splits committee membership, staffs and budgets in half.”

“If all 11 Republican members of the Judiciary Committee oppose Biden’s pick and all 11 Democrats back her, the nomination goes inert.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2022, 11:20:42 AM »
*expletive deleted*ck em give whoever 10 times worse treatment than Kavanaugh and Barrett were treated.

Whoever Biden puts forth will be the worst of the worst anyway might as well be complete asses about it.

Give the democrats their own medicine.

As divided as the media says the country is, that wouldn't be too wise with midterms in November.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2022, 11:29:24 AM »
As divided as the media says the country is, that wouldn't be too wise with midterms in November.
I would just say they should hold their feet to the fire and quiz them on past decisions (respectfully).  If they are hard left, I am sure there will be plenty of stuff to dig up. 

However, I don't think they should do like the Dems and dig up former classmates or colleagues to accuse them of crimes or harassment. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2022, 11:33:49 AM »
I would just say they should hold their feet to the fire and quiz them on past decisions (respectfully).  If they are hard left, I am sure there will be plenty of stuff to dig up. 

However, I don't think they should do like the Dems and dig up former classmates or colleagues to accuse them of crimes or harassment.

That's how it should be. Interview the appointees on past legal decisions.

I don't care if they liked to eat cottage cheese off the chest of a transgender hooker on Friday nights during law school.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2022, 11:39:53 AM »
Our elections are a farce. The only thing that matters is who is counting the votes. I don't believe for one fraction of a second that Biden received more votes than any presidential candidate in history.

Even being agnostic on the subject sucks you into the make believe matrix world the powers that be want you to fumble around in.

The livestock don't get a say.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2022, 12:11:48 PM »
Our elections are a farce. The only thing that matters is who is counting the votes. I don't believe for one fraction of a second that Biden received more votes than any presidential candidate in history.

Even being agnostic on the subject sucks you into the make believe matrix world the powers that be want you to fumble around in.

The livestock don't get a say.

20,000,000 12,000,000more votes than Obama.
while also
400 200 fewer counties than Obama.

Fraudulent election.

Fixt my numbers.  Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 02:40:00 PM by kgbsquirrel »

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2022, 02:32:57 PM »
12 million more votes than Obama '08, not 20.

I don't have super strong feelings on the amount of fraud or not in 2020, but out of curiosity, is Trump's 74 mil tally also obviously fraudulent?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2022, 02:41:16 PM »

I don't have super strong feelings on the amount of fraud or not in 2020, but out of curiosity, is Trump's 74 mil tally also obviously fraudulent?

If their motive is to minimize trump and maximize biden, then one would presume Trump's number to be lower than factual reality.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2022, 03:47:50 PM »

While I’m sure there was some level of pro-Trump illegal voting it was mostly meaningless, like the media would like us to believe in regards to pro-Biden illegal voting.  The red flags for fuckery in Trump’s favor are scant (and that generous).  The red flags for fuckery in Biden’s favor are substantial, especially in Michigan, Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, and Pennsylvania. 

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2022, 04:52:59 PM »
Biden is hiring a black woman for SCOTUS because she is a black woman and not a good judge.

Later, when we point out that the black woman got her job because she is a black woman, we will be called racists.
-WM Briggs
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2022, 04:55:54 PM »
So given this background, I will be curious to see if Michelle Childs will be "Biden's" pick:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/clyburn-confirms-he-urged-biden-nominate-black-woman-supreme-court-floats-possible-candidate
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2022, 04:56:45 PM »
Biden Commits To Picking A Diversity Hire For SCOTUS Since That Worked So Well With His VP
-BB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2022, 07:35:08 PM »

https://youtu.be/YpuRcmPnSTM
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2022, 08:25:21 PM »
https://youtu.be/YpuRcmPnSTM

Haha. So clever.

I see many folks claim that the sheer number of votes for Biden is evidence of fraud.  It's the most votes ever so it must be faked!

I just asked if the second  most votes ever was similarly unbelievable.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2022, 08:26:26 PM »
Exclusive: The Babylon Bee Has Obtained Biden's List Of Possible SCOTUS Nominees
https://babylonbee.com/news/exclusive-the-babylon-bee-has-obtained-bidens-list-of-possible-scotus-nominees

:rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2022, 09:10:41 PM »
Haha. So clever.

I see many folks claim that the sheer number of votes for Biden is evidence of fraud.  It's the most votes ever so it must be faked!

Yes, our elections are all suspect.

The machines have been shown to not be secure, the chain of custody of ballots was violated in multiple jurisdictions and on and on.

There is no reason to think only one side is capable of cheating. In this case it's just obvious that a record number of voters didn't vote for Joe Biden. He could barely fill a high school gymnasium with supporters during the rare occasion he ventured out. And Kamala?

The powers that be are rubbing our noses in it and there are still ding a lings who are defending the integrity of our elections.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2022, 09:22:16 PM »
Lawful Evil alignment.

Bold strategy,  let's see how it plays out for em'.

They're pushing a black,  you watch it be Abrams.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2022, 09:34:32 PM »
Haha. So clever.

Just think about it for a minute. If Biden's vote totals are believable (as you are implying), then turnout must have been exceptionally high in that election. If that was the case, Trump's numbers are more believable, not less.

Regardless of the turnout for Biden, there's every reason to expect that turnout for Trump would be much higher than the ~60 million he got in 2016. Obviously, for all the turmoil of his first term, the dire warnings of stock market collapse, world war, mass deportations, and racial oppression never came true. Republicans and independents that were too nervous to vote Trump in 2016 had no reason to be nervous anymore. In fact, they had a lot of reasons to be enthusiastic about voting for Trump in 2020. He even had a higher percentage of black men voting for him.

Lastly, if you think Republican ballot-stuffers could get away with anything close to what Democrats do, you really, really haven't been paying attention to how our news media and justice system have been working - especially the past 2 years.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2022, 09:47:17 PM »
Stop looking at the total votes. They do not matter. That's what they want you looking at.

Look at how few votes it took to flip swing states. That was all that was needed. It wasn't very many votes.

Several states elections broke the states constitution. There are finally some state judges saying that but it should have happened much sooner.

Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2022, 10:38:41 PM »
Stop looking at the total votes. They do not matter. That's what they want you looking at.

Look at how few votes it took to flip swing states. That was all that was needed. It wasn't very many votes.

Several states elections broke the states constitution. There are finally some state judges saying that but it should have happened much sooner.

This. It was all the “oh all the counties in GA reported their totals but this ONE where the water main suddenly broke and delayed the count”,  “blocking windows and running poll watchers off while counters wearing Biden hats and masks count the votes”, and “trump was ahead until 3am when Biden took a MASSIVE jump” type *expletive deleted*it in the swing states that did it.

The total numbers are kind of irrelevant when the blatant counting fraud occurs in those key states

And not a damn bit of actual investigation was done.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2022, 11:25:23 PM »
The only one I am interested in is that it feels like in places like Pennsylvania Biden ran up the score in counties he lost. Hey Trump won, nothing to see here. But Biden lost by way less than he should have. Leaving the Biden win localities to bring it home. Well that and the lowest ever reject rate of absentee ballots in a year when many did it for the first time...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.