Author Topic: Amish Dairy Farm Raided by Biden's ATF  (Read 653 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Amish Dairy Farm Raided by Biden's ATF
« on: January 31, 2022, 09:55:33 PM »
Amish Dairy Farm Raided by Biden's ATF Over Generational Tradition of Long-Rifle Sales
https://www.undergroundusa.com/p/amish-dairy-farm-raided-by-bidens

Heard about this today.  Glad to see the BATFE is going after all those hardened criminals.   ;/

Reuben King, an Amish dairy farmer in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, has been designated a “rogue gun dealer” by the ATF in the Biden DoJ’s newly super-charged crackdown on criminal gun dealers. The only problem with this is that King is a hobbyist gun collector and occasional salesman, not a professional firearms dealer.

Two weeks ago, ATF agents stormed King's Leacock Township property, seizing an untold number of firearms as part of what they termed an “ongoing investigation” into the farmer's alleged gun retail business.

King admitted that he has indeed been selling guns without a license, but said they were all part of his personal collection and had nothing to do with the foundry. Further, no handguns were ever sold.

“I’m not going to deny that I was selling some,” Reuben King said while inside a barn filled with about 50 dairy cows. “[But] this is my business: I’m a dairyman."
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Amish Dairy Farm Raided by Biden's ATF
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 10:32:03 PM »
Well, it doesn't quite have the pathos of persecuting the Little Sisters of the Poor, but at least Biden is trying to copy some of President My-Boss's moves. He's gotta try something to get back some of that Obiden-Bama magic that got VP Joe re-elected.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 08:30:28 AM »
Biden’s tenure in the WH has been a disaster so far so when is he gonna say the hell with it and go all in on gun control? It’s only a matter of time…

He has a “meeting” with the NYC Major on Thursday over gun violence so I’m wondering if that the first step on his new gun control campaign.

<edit> NVM, we’re already discussing on another thread. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 09:03:22 AM »
At the very least, it might get a judge to rule on this idea of where the line is between gun dealer and private individual selling off guns they own. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 09:19:06 AM »

Some Amish do not believe in having their pictures taken, even for a photo ID. 

Apparently, buying a gun from an FFL requires a photo ID.

There was a lawsuit about this in 2015 (I don't know how it was resolved):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/10/27/amish-man-sues-to-buy-firearm-without-photo-id-in-gun-rights-religious-freedom-lawsuit/

I am wondering if some Amish were forced to buy guns from private sales because of this issue... leading to some Amish to be tempted to become unlicensed dealers on the side.

That being said, intrastate gun sales are none of the business of the federal government.

While the Amish are pacifist, many of them are involved in the shooting sports.  Some own black rifles also.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 09:28:07 AM »
At the very least, it might get a judge to rule on this idea of where the line is between gun dealer and private individual selling off guns they own.

No there can't be a hard and fast line!  Otherwise, how could the ATF make crap up whenever they wanted to imprision someone they didn't like???   ;/