Author Topic: Microwaave paint?  (Read 565 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Microwaave paint?
« on: February 12, 2022, 08:17:54 PM »
Is there anything special about the paint used inside the cooking chamber of a microwave oven? The paint in mine has started to flake off in a couple of places. I have a small bottle of "appliance enamel" that I bought to touch up a chip in the porcelain coating of the kitchen sink. Is there any reason why I can't use that to touch up the flaked patches inside the microwave?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
Re: Microwaave paint?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 08:42:48 PM »
No just need to cover up any bare metal.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2022, 10:59:41 PM »
I used a high temp white from Rustoleum.  Lasted 3 or 4 years.  By then SWMBO had decided it was time for a new one or I'd have done it again.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 05:35:16 PM »
We live in a disposable society, give it to Mother Earth good and hard and throw that thing into a landfill.  >:D
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 06:20:52 PM »
We live in a disposable society, give it to Mother Earth good and hard and throw that thing into a landfill.  >:D

Well, it still works, and I kind of like it. I looked at for microwaves at Walmart the other day. Apparently in a full-size, 1100 (or so) form factor you can't buy just a microwave any more. They all seem to be combinations of microwave and convection oven and/or air fryer. I just want a microwave!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2022, 06:44:21 PM »
When SWMBO decided we needed to replace the large microwave she had to buy it online - she thinks it was Appliance Depot (or something like that).

The first one arrived damaged.  They wanted us to ship it back to them.  The best shipping she could find was almost the cost of the microwave.  She "worked" with them, they sent us a replacement without us needing to return the first one.

After I posted above I remembered a time at work when they wanted me to paint the heating area of the heated chicken display.  Turns out there are specific paints to be used in food service areas.  The best option I could find required the paint to be cured at 400* for a few hours.  They decided I didn't need to paint it.