Author Topic: Chick-fil-A  (Read 4762 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Chick-fil-A
« on: March 13, 2022, 10:54:38 AM »
I thought Chick-fil-A had already somewhat caved the the lghbmntyoupasd people? Or is this specifically the whole "trans" thing?

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/03/13/double-secret-boycott-lefties-give-chick-fil-a-more-free-advertising-call-for-boycott-of-company-theyve-been-boycotting-for-years/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Chick-fil-A
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 11:03:23 AM »
Just saw that  :facepalm:

CFA should come with a Trump sandwich. All white meat, American cheese, smothered in a liberal tears sauce. Served straight to the customer. Not available on Sunday since even that gets them riled up
What a minute, CFA sandwiches already are all WHITE meat!  :P
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 11:20:40 AM »
The boycott sure must be effective because every one of the CFAs I have passed in the past few years has lines wrapped around the building from open to close.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 11:59:59 AM »
The boycott sure must be effective because every one of the CFAs I have passed in the past few years has lines wrapped around the building from open to close.

Yep, drive thrus always have long lines and the interior is full every time I drive by one.
Honesty I think their chicken is so-so but some of their sauces largely make up for it.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 12:39:54 PM »
Honesty I think their chicken is so-so but some of their sauces largely make up for it.

Yup. In general I don't go out of my way for CFA. I often go elsewhere even if it's not out of my way. Except when the "boycott" stuff ramps up. Then I go out of my way for an okay chicken sandwich.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 02:01:29 PM »
Today is a great day to not eat Chick-fil-A 🏳️‍🌈😊

Well, :duh: -- it's Sunday, they're closed for the Sabbath.

There's a Chick-fil-A in the town where I work. It's not conveniently located, but I may ignore that and go get a chicken sandwich for lunch on Monday just because.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 02:02:55 PM »

What a minute, CFA sandwiches already are all WHITE meat!  :P

So you're saying they're racist. But we knew that -- today EVERYTHING is racist (except BLM, of course).

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 03:11:40 PM »
CFA seems to have plenty of support. I'm not making a 160 mile round trip when I can cook better at home.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 06:32:47 PM »

Nearest CFA is an hour's drive away, but they occasionally send a CFA food truck out here for the lunch hours. I've never eaten there, because my lunch is only an hour long, so I don't have enough time to wait in line.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 08:30:29 PM »
Reasonably close to Harbor Freight on Colfax and some other places I frequent.

Might give it a try.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 09:36:22 PM »
CFA makes good food, the restaurants I've been in have always been clean and well staffed with courteous people.
I'ts good food, not great food.
We've got one in the next town to the south where we do most of our business. We hit it a few times a year.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 10:31:51 PM »
My wife recently had her first (and only according to her) visit to Jesus Chicken. She was not impressed and truthfully neither was I. The whole meal was off. Maybe it is because they got used to bagging (and steaming everything) during the drive thru only phase. Whatever it was I was not impressed and my wife flat out did not like it. So it looks like no more Jesus Chicken will be passing my lips like a communion wafer (I gave those up about 100 years ago).

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2022, 08:20:23 AM »
I've eaten at Jesus Chicken a couple of times. It's.... OK. Not my favorite. I have one less than a half mile from my house and I've never been to it.

But, anytime the left wants to cancel a company, that makes me like that company a LOT more.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2022, 01:06:03 PM »
Heh. Im at the cfa right now while I wait for a tire rotation. =)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2022, 03:44:06 PM »
Heh. Im at the cfa right now while I wait for a tire rotation. =)

Chick-fil-A does tire rotations? Who knew?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2022, 04:57:27 PM »
Chick-fil-A does tire rotations? Who knew?

One free rotation and balance with every chicken club purchase.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2022, 08:49:20 AM »
Their chicken sandwich is OK but nothing particularly exceptional. It does seem like it is a larger higher quality chicken breast than most fast food joints. It is rare for me to eat fast food so if I do partake I try and get a better quality like CfA.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2022, 09:24:05 AM »
It does seem like it is a larger higher quality chicken breast than most fast food joints.
Agreed.  Above average food and quite good service.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2022, 12:12:41 PM »
Never cared for their food.  I do dig their business behavior though.  Been in quite a few times because my boy likes their food (little kids seem to love bland stuff) and it's always clean, they are meticulous in order accuracy, they're prompt and they never have rude or English-illiterate people working as cashiers.

I also like In-n-Out and Freddy's Steakburgers for the same reasons.  Better food though.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2022, 04:56:08 PM »
Freddy's is another one that I've been to (when I was in Iowa). I enjoyed it.

There's one less than 2 miles from my house that I have not been to.

I was talking with neighbors who were regulars there and they stopped going. Apparently they decided that cleaning anything was beneath them and it was REALLY gross.

Of all of the fast food places I've been to in the past 5-7 years or so, the one that I really liked most of all was Culver's (also when I was in Iowa). REALLY GOOD food. MUCH better than McDonald's, BK, or Wendy's.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2022, 05:12:28 PM »
I also like In-n-Out and Freddy's Steakburgers for the same reasons.  Better food though.

Yeah, In-N-Out is similar to CFA. Better food IMO, but I really have to give CFA staff credit for their attentiveness without being clingy. I don't think I've ever been in one where I had to take my tray to the trash can. Somebody always seems to come around at just the right time and grab the trash.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2022, 06:24:34 PM »

Of all of the fast food places I've been to in the past 5-7 years or so, the one that I really liked most of all was Culver's (also when I was in Iowa). REALLY GOOD food. MUCH better than McDonald's, BK, or Wendy's.

Culvers has the same clean/attentive vibe, but I've yet to really fall in love with their menu.  It strikes me as very confusing, they can't decide what they want to be.  Seafood, soups, salads, fried fish, chicken, hamburgers, pot roast, steak dinner... it's not quite as over-diverse as Cheesecake Factory, but it's pretty far out there for a fast food joint.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2022, 06:35:59 PM »
I think some of the offerings at Chick-fil-A are pretty good, but if I want fast food chicken there's a better place that's closer to me - Raising Cane'shttps://www.raisingcanes.com/

Have to tell a chicken story about KFC back when I was in high school. I already had my driver's license, so after a hard day of working at home (I think we painted the kitchen or something like that) I got sent to buy a bucket of chicken from KFC. I ordered "All White Extra Crispy" . . . and so did everyone else in line. So there would be a wait. The manager tried to talk people into getting Original Recipe - no takers. He even offered first one, then two extra pieces in the bucket - STILL no takers. Then he asked "Why doesn't anyone want original recipe? It's ready to go!"

Which of course meant it had been sitting in the hot box for a while.

I didn't say that of course, but when nobody else answered I said "I'm not saying original recipe is greasy, but trying to fish a piece of it out of the bucket is like trying to pick up a wet bar of soap in the shower."

Everyone - except the manager - nodded and laughed.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2022, 06:42:35 PM »
I've had Cane's, I've had Popeye's, I've had KFC, I've had Jesus Chicken.

When I want good chicken, I go to Gus's Fried Chicken.  THAT is some damn fine chicken.

https://gusfriedchicken.com/

Get you some.
--Lysander Spooner

zahc

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2022, 07:12:01 PM »
I never thought about whether the food at CFA was particularly good. I just like it because it's one of the only clean places that exist. I like Cane's but I can only enjoy it if I get ot from the drive through and try not to think about how dirty the kitchen must be if the dining room is that bad.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine