Author Topic: Bill to legalize neglecting newborns to death in Maryland  (Read 426 times)

Pb

• friend
Bill to legalize neglecting newborns to death in Maryland
« on: March 13, 2022, 01:24:51 PM »
Well, if the Democrats aren't the party of Satan, it is not for lack of trying.  The bill would make it illegal to investigate deaths of newborns by neglect.  Perinatal means around the time of birth.  So a woman could have a baby and abandon him/her in the snow it is totally legal.

This section may not be construed to authorize any form of investigation or penalty for a person:

(1) Terminating or attempting to terminate the person’s own pregnancy; or

(2) Experiencing a miscarriage, perinatal death related to a failure to act, or stillbirth

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/maryland-bill-effectively-decriminalizes-neglecting-newborns-to-death/

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Bill to legalize neglecting newborns to death in Maryland
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 01:27:23 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Bill to legalize neglecting newborns to death in Maryland
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 11:10:16 PM »
This means that a baby who survived an abortion can be allowed to die without care, and no investigation could be pursued nor legal penalty applied.

This quote was in the article.  I figured this is the real target of the law, but I don't know if that is true.  The article says your #2 above applies for the first 28 days after birth.   

Preventing even an investigation is an odd thing to do.  How does anyone know if what happened complies with the law if no investigation is done. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge