Author Topic: Hey Ben, you ever make...  (Read 1194 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Hey Ben, you ever make...
« on: March 21, 2022, 06:00:50 AM »
bread dumplings to go along with your goulash?

I was watching an Andrew Zimmer show on food in Prague and one of the things he was talking about being a big regional food was bread dumplings that accompany a lot of dishes like goulash.

Lots of different recipes for Czech and Hungarian style dumplings, which quite different from the baking powder dumplings that my Grandmother used to make to go along with pork and sauerkraut on New Year's Day.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Hey Ben, you ever make...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 07:40:20 AM »
I haven't, but my mom would make them (German style) once in a while with Goulash. I also recall that they came with the goulash when I had it once at a Hungarian restaurant.

Heck, maybe I'll do that if I make goulash next weekend. I actually have them quite a bit whenever I make schnitzel or when I get sausage from the German store.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Hey Ben, you ever make...
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 12:28:01 PM »
I absolutely hate American goulash, but I love the *expletive deleted*it out of Hungarian goulash. I've been thinking about making some Hungarian venison goulash and serving it over potato dumplings used for kumla.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536