Author Topic: Fed-up Conservatives start to win  (Read 1262 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Fed-up Conservatives start to win
« on: March 27, 2022, 04:33:33 AM »
Jefferson County (Colorado) Transcript, 24 Mar 2022:

https://jeffcotranscript.com/stories/fed-up-conservatives-started-organizing,391197

A group of ladies react realistically against the predations on our freedoms.

Their first meeting last March turned into an emotional, four-hour bonding session, as women circled their chairs in Tompkins’ living room and unloaded about how the pandemic had affected their families. One woman who was pregnant with her fourth child told the group her toddler had regressed and had received no services.  A Cherry Creek teacher said she left her job because she couldn’t stand the level of politics that had seeped into classrooms. “How are we in this place?” Tompkins recalled them asking. “How am I going to raise my kids?”

Liberty Girls’ first big push was the school board election, where four conservative candidates were attempting to flip the left-majority board that had been in power since 2018. They packed school board meetings. They knocked on doors, reaching Douglas County residents who no longer had kids in school and hadn’t kept up with school politics. They spoke of mask mandates, Zoom classrooms and 10-day school quarantines.

And they won.

In February, three months after the new board was elected, the 4-3 majority fired Superintendent Corey Wise and is now searching for his replacement.

They're doing it right. Lessons for all conservatives in that article.  Lotsa good stuff.

Makes my heart soar like an eagle.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 07:33:35 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
Re: Fed-up Conservatives start to win
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 09:36:50 AM »
In February, three months after the new board was elected, the 4-3 majority fired Superintendent Corey Wise and is now searching for his replacement.

Three months to fire the bum? What took them so long?  ;)

Thanks for posting this - it's a "feel good" story for sure! (And of course the legacy media won't carry this story at all.)

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 10:17:47 AM »
We (universal, not specifically APS) tend to view national politics, like the POTUS election, as the most important.  In reality it’s hyper-local politics like school boards, sheriffs, local judges and such that matter most. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 12:18:14 PM »
We (universal, not specifically APS) tend to view national politics, like the POTUS election, as the most important.  In reality it’s hyper-local politics like school boards, sheriffs, local judges and such that matter most.

And that's why that highly coordinated libertarian ground game is so important! (Check your sarcasm detector) Why I loathe the LP despite sharing a lot of their ideals. Run a crappy POTUS candidate and then whine and jeer from the cheap seats. No danger of ever having to make adult decisions and do something. I am similarly almost an automatic no vote if the school board, sheriff or coroner candidate has to tell me their party affiliation first thing. Who gives a rats ass, can you do your straightforward job or not?

Also this is my standard pitch to the few liberals I still speak to. If your local school board and town council does not have more impact on your life than who is the president or supreme court justice then you are doing both levels wrong.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 01:23:53 PM »
There is a lot of truth to what you are saying.  We all know if/when the Republicans' take power in DC they will do nothing conservative. 

On that state level, Republicans do sometimes act in a Conservative manner- note especially the pro-life laws being passed in some states, and the cascade of permitless carry laws being passed.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 03:20:07 PM »

I hope so, considering that DC is pretty much Vichy, at this point.

On that state level, Republicans do sometimes act in a Conservative manner- note especially the pro-life laws being passed in some states, and the cascade of permitless carry laws being passed.

True. The GOP is building a very good track record of pro-liberty accomplishments at the state level. If I knew how to expand that to all other levels of government...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 03:36:34 PM »
I was active in local politics starting in 1983 and ending in 2011.  My unending sermon was the only way we improved our lot politically toward conforming to what the foundation our Constitution and B of R represented was to start at the bottom at school boards, townships, counties etc and build on that foundation. 

I found that Americans, for the most part, are lazy, willfully uninformed and only excel at bitching and pissing and moaning, more willing to believe the dreck they are fed than the truth.

The other thing I discovered was that one earnest person can make somewhat of a difference and make some progress.  The trouble is, you generally don't make any gains at getting others to join you, and the only differences you can make are only accomplished with doggedness sticking to one's guns and when you go away, so do the advances, even when glaringly obvious good advances.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2022, 04:44:10 AM »
Three months to fire the bum? What took them so long?  ;)

Thanks for posting this - it's a "feel good" story for sure! (And of course the legacy media won't carry this story at all.)

I caught the grin, but there are a million reasons. Well, maybe a thousand. Besides there's a delay between winning the election and installation to the office. And you gotta review laws, old minutes, activities, decisions related to the issue, plan for Union responses, find the bathrooms, plan legal strategy for expected suit, find out how much the coffee fund is, maybe arrange for a golden parachute and to preserve his honor, or at least plan for that contingency, etc.,  etc., etc.

Like planning for an invasion.  You don't just make the decision and go gung-ho-ish. How are we going to feed the troops, take care of sanitation, ammo demands, etc.,  etc., etc.

It's not like you can just walk up to him and say, "You're fired, you a-hole!"

Unlike canning a non-exempt hamburger cook, you might have to allow for a graceful "left to pursue other opportunities" departure.

(And you have to be aware that regular employees, who are probably Leftists themselves, are watching every move the four newbies make. (Paranoia is a survival trait, Terry said redundantly again.)

Terry
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 05:10:09 AM by 230RN »

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2022, 10:26:54 PM »
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they AREN'T out to "get you."
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2022, 01:52:59 PM »
Thing is, conservatives are not going to come out ahead.

They haven't learned anything from the past, even our recent past.

I'll bet that in a lot of high schools, the day of a kid's 18th birthday, they register her to vote. And likely also have her fill out absentee/mail-in ballots.

You can bet that a whole bunch of nursing homes are solid Dem votes. Even the ones full of nothing but comatose gomers.

They are still working to register voters and harvest votes.

Conservatives? They bitch.
Blog under construction

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2022, 05:42:24 PM »
Thing is, conservatives are not going to come out ahead.

They haven't learned anything from the past, even our recent past.

I'll bet that in a lot of high schools, the day of a kid's 18th birthday, they register her to vote. And likely also have her fill out absentee/mail-in ballots.

You can bet that a whole bunch of nursing homes are solid Dem votes. Even the ones full of nothing but comatose gomers.

They are still working to register voters and harvest votes.

Conservatives? They bitch.

Boy, you got that right.  I've often depicted Lefties as passionate self-righteous do-gooders, losing no opportunity to knock on doors and stand on soap boxes to further Leftist ends, while conservatives just want to sit on the back porch and plink at tin cans on the back fence.

That is, "They're pros, we're amateurs."

Terry, 230RN

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2022, 06:07:16 PM »
Boy, you got that right.  I've often depicted Lefties as passionate self-righteous do-gooders, losing no opportunity to knock on doors and stand on soap boxes to further Leftist ends, while conservatives just want to sit on the back porch and plink at tin cans on the back fence.

Terry, 230RN

It is an intrinsic difference between those who wish to be left alone and leave other people alone versus those who intend to inflict themselves upon other people for their own gain.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 08:36:44 AM »

Terry, 230RN

I think a lot of that is due to what might be called cultural affirmation. The culture makes it easy for them to imagine they are really doing the Lord's work the Godess's work, and constantly reinforces such. They're good; we're evil. It motivates people. Meanwhile, we attack anyone on our side that tries to bring any moral clarity, or lay out the real stakes. They're monsters, but don't you dare say so.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 08:57:49 AM »

Terry, 230RN
Well, here's a relevant quote from C.S. Lewis

Quote from: C.S.Lewis
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. They may be more likely to go to Heaven yet at the same time likelier to make a Hell of earth. This very kindness stings with intolerable insult. To be "cured" against one's will and cured of states which we may not regard as disease is to be put on a level of those who have not yet reached the age of reason or those who never will; to be classed with infants, imbeciles, and domestic animals.

Although I do doubt the intentions of all the lefties are good - I sense a lot of malevolence in their actions.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2022, 09:24:41 AM »
To listen to the woke of the left, they are SURE that every area outside their gentrified (but don't use that word... painting your house is bad...) enclaves is even more oppressive than the town from Footloose.

They also flat-out refuse to reconsider anything outside the purview of their leaders' and the narratives that are woven to shape their world's belief system. The "peaceful protesters" were all horrible conservatives, scale models, or pictures, of gallows, guillotines, or weapons are as scary as the real thing, and it is more noble to be a dead victim than a living survivor, unless, of course, the survivor can claim victim status and say horrible things about the conservative oppressors. The state, and the state's bureaucracy, must be obeyed, but don't mention the idiots who work at the DMV, city hall, and the tax office to them. Government programs are good, and the bigger the better. Trains are really big, and make for great photo opportunities.
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• friend