Author Topic: REEEEE The end of democracy  (Read 1325 times)

Jim147

• friends
REEEEE The end of democracy
« on: July 25, 2022, 09:41:41 AM »
I've seen some bad takes but this dumb ass makes Maddow almost look sane.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/battle-stations-msnbc-analyst-says-if-republicans-win-theyll-cancel-elections-impeach-biden-weekly

Pack the Supreme court? Why so Biden can name more diverse judges?

End elections? The constitution gives that power to the states. It's the dem's that want to make federal law controlling elections.

Impeach Biden weekly? There are a lot of things to impeach him for but if they don't have a full lock in both houses I can't see them wasting a ton of time and money doing it over and over but they are stupid.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
Re: REEEEE The end of democracy
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 10:22:06 AM »
. . .
Impeach Biden weekly? There are a lot of things to impeach him for but if they don't have a full lock in both houses I can't see them wasting a ton of time and money doing it over and over but they are stupid.
Unless they have a big enough majority in the Senate to convict (despite opposition from some RINOs), I'd be astonished to see the R's impeach Biden. Senate democrats WILL NOT vote to convict an impeached democrat POTUS - even one as unpopular as Biden - under any circumstance. Even if they had high definition video of Biden handing over nuclear launch codes to Swalwell's Chinese paramour (Fang Fang?) in exchange for cash while in flagrente delecto with her in a threesome with Hunter during a cocaine fueled satanic ritual that included cannibalism of kidnapped children - Senate Democrats would still vote against convicting him.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 10:26:33 AM »
Impeaching Pres Harris would be considered racist
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 10:57:52 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 10:49:30 AM »
Unless they have a big enough majority in the Senate to convict (despite opposition from some RINOs), I'd be astonished to see the R's impeach Biden. Senate democrats WILL NOT vote to convict an impeached democrat POTUS - even one as unpopular as Biden - under any circumstance. Even if they had high definition video of Biden handing over nuclear launch codes to Swalwell's Chinese paramour (Fang Fang?) in exchange for cash while in flagrente delecto with her in a threesome with Hunter during a cocaine fueled satanic ritual that included cannibalism of kidnapped children - Senate Democrats would still vote against convicting him.
I have heard at least one R say they should impeach him for the purpose of getting all of his crimes documented and out in the open.   I think that was whether or not he could be kicked out of office or not. 

If they can't get the conviction, my suggestion would be to get it done, lay it all out there, and then move on.  I would much rather the R's do their own Jan 6th committee and see if they can get more information out about that whole incident. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2022, 11:25:52 AM »
Oh so they think Republicans will treat Biden like they treated Trump?

I can only imagine why…
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 12:28:12 PM »
Why should the Republicans impeach Biden?

His astounding incompetence and unpopularity are the only thing Republicans in Congress have going for them.

It is not like they ever do anything worthwhile.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2022, 01:05:50 PM »
Projection. It's what the D's want to do.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?