Author Topic: What's this all about?  (Read 4717 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: What's this all about?
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2022, 06:02:31 PM »
Fox's take on the mess...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-fires-felicia-sonmez

I LOVE this line...

"Earlier in the day, Sonmez took a flamethrower to fellow staffers in another lengthy series of tweets, attacking those who had posted recent, strikingly similar messages of support for their paper."

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2022, 09:33:00 PM »
If they get rid of the other one and start doing real news they might have a chance.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That hurt to type.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2022, 07:08:57 AM »
Interesting analysis of the whole mess...

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/06/09/the-heart-of-wokeness-is-envy-christopher-rufo-offers-lessons-from-the-washington-post-meltdown/

And, as far as I can tell, Sonmez has gone silent since her termination.

OMG! THE WHITE PATRIARCHY HAS SILENCED THE WOMAN VICTIM!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2022, 09:02:08 AM »
^^^From the comments: 'Democracy dies in wokeness'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2022, 09:51:57 AM »
I wonder how long it will be before she's a host on The View.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2022, 10:06:17 AM »
I wonder how long it will be before she's a host on The View.

What's funny is I saw I think a Fox article talking about how even The View was calling her out. How over the top woke-whack do you have to be for them to call you out?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2022, 10:08:25 AM »
What's funny is I saw I think a Fox article talking about how even The View was calling her out. How over the top woke-whack do you have to be for them to call you out?

Lefties hate competition
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2022, 10:24:32 AM »
The big question is... where does she end up?

I'm thinking her days of print journalism are largely at an end... I could see her ending up a Huffington Post, but I don't see any of the major newspapers taking her on after that gasoline fire she lit.

I suspect she might end up at MSNBC or possibly CNN.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2022, 12:03:12 PM »
Hum...

I've been thinking about this some more...

Sonmez spent the better part of a week VERY publicly scorching her coworkers, her managers, her company, and just about everyone else.

The second the Post fires her, however, she immediately goes from "full can't shut the *expletive deleted*ck up" to "no comment."

We know that she sued the Post back in 2021, a suit that was tossed and which she is intending to appeal. She's tossed similar accusations at coworkers before. She was briefly suspended in 2020 for a violation of the Post's social media policies and when the Post withdrew the suspension she immediately, and very publicly, demanded an explanation...

I'm really, truly, seriously wondering if she has orchestrated this entire mess and she wanted to be fired to somehow bolster additional claims she's going to make in either her appeal or in a completely new lawsuit...

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2022, 12:58:46 PM »
^^^From the comments: 'Democracy dies in wokeness'.

... and journalism dies at the Washington Post.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2022, 01:04:41 PM »

I'm thinking her days of print journalism are largely at an end... I could see her ending up a Huffington Post, but I don't see any of the major newspapers taking her on after that gasoline fire she lit.

I doubt that CNN or MSDNC would be interested.  Her behavior probably has her labeled as "toxic" by most potential employers.  HuffPo is a possibility, or a far-left rag like Mother Jones.  Does Daily Kos have paid staff?  They might take her.

If there is any justice, her next job will involve asking "Would you like fries with that?"

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2022, 03:50:40 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised to see her on FOX, hell they hired Abrams.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2022, 08:03:07 PM »
24 hours and she's been completely silent.

Wow... I wonder if she might actually be in shock after coming to  the stark realization that her actions had.... consequences that she couldn't control?

And in the meantime, good article from the New York Post on the broader implications of the Sonmez fiasco, as well as other feeders into the corporate woke stream.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2022, 10:57:52 AM »
Bill Maher calls the Washington Post an "unlicensed day care center."  =D

(NSFW language, obviously, since it's Bill Maher)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2022, 11:25:17 AM »
Bill Maher calls the Washington Post an "unlicensed day care center."  =D

(NSFW language, obviously, since it's Bill Maher)

And Lorenz apparently has been transferred to another department and now has a babysitter that has to approve all her stories. Which, I thought that's what editors did anyway, and her whacky stuff was still getting published.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2022, 11:27:06 AM »
And Lorenz apparently has been transferred to another department and now has a babysitter that has to approve all her stories. Which, I thought that's what editors did anyway, and her whacky stuff was still getting published.

Double-secret editing.

It's almost as if our schools are trying to make young Americans useless for anything, aside from Marxist agitation. But that would never happen...

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2022, 10:15:39 AM »
Man, Taylor Lorenz is fast on her way to becoming the most unlikeable person on Earth.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/20/dad-who-barely-survived-covid-makes-taylor-lorenz-look-like-even-more-of-a-jackas-for-shaming-matt-yglesias-for-joking-about-catching-covid/

I think her flow chart is something like: "if white male, then lecture about insensitivity. Repeat indefinitely."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2022, 11:26:35 AM »
Man, Taylor Lorenz is fast on her way to becoming the most unlikeable person on Earth.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/20/dad-who-barely-survived-covid-makes-taylor-lorenz-look-like-even-more-of-a-jackas-for-shaming-matt-yglesias-for-joking-about-catching-covid/

Someone likes her
And she's brilliant and talented  :rofl:

Glenn Kessler
@GlennKesslerWP
Always great to hang out with the brilliant and talented ⁦@TaylorLorenz
⁩, a terrific addition to the ⁦@washingtonpost
⁩ staff.
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/07/18/wapo-fact-checker-glenn-kesslers-ode-to-colleague-taylor-lorenz-is-rather-disturbing-on-a-couple-of-levels/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2022, 11:34:42 AM »
Apparently Felicia Sonmez recently posted that she and the Washington Post Writer's Guild (their union) are fighting to get her job reinstated.

It's been posited that this is a step towards her trying to get her lawsuit against the post reinstated.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2022, 11:34:57 AM »
Just the ones AOC said no to.

‘QUEEN of hypocrisy’! Taylor Lorenz claiming she can’t cover things LIVE anymore because ‘men’ are stalking her goes SO wrong
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/07/25/queen-of-hypocrisy-taylor-lorenz-claiming-she-cant-cover-things-live-anymore-because-men-are-stalking-her-goes-so-wrong/
- Calvin and Hobbes