Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 47517 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #450 on: July 15, 2022, 06:42:03 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #451 on: July 19, 2022, 05:27:59 PM »
Twitter’s lawsuit seeking to force Elon Musk to complete his $44 billion acquisition of the company will take place in October, a judge ruled Tuesday.

The social media platform’s lawyers argued in Delaware Chancery Court that Twitter is being harmed each day that its dispute with Musk continues without a resolution and asked for a court date in September.

Musk’s lawyers contended that that expedited timeline would not give his team enough time to evaluate the data they’ve been given about the prevalence of fake accounts on the platform.

Delaware Court of Chancery Chancellor Kathaleen McCormick ultimately ruled in Twitter’s favor, setting up a five-day trial for October.
Looks like the lawsuit will be addressed relatively quickly.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #452 on: September 13, 2022, 02:07:08 PM »
Just in

Reuters
@Reuters
·
Follow
BREAKING: Twitter shareholders vote in favor of Elon Musk's $44 billion takeover offer at a special shareholder meeting https://reut.rs/3eJElMA

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/09/13/report-twitter-shareholders-have-voted-in-favor-of-the-44-billion-takeover-offer-that-elon-musk-is-trying-to-take-off-the-table/

This is interesting considering he's been trying to scrap the deal
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #453 on: September 13, 2022, 02:18:45 PM »
Yeah we did =D =D

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #454 on: September 15, 2022, 11:23:56 AM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #455 on: September 15, 2022, 11:26:33 AM »
Like him or not you have to admire the fact he doesn't pull any punches
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #456 on: October 04, 2022, 12:32:17 PM »
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #457 on: October 04, 2022, 01:42:13 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #458 on: October 05, 2022, 07:02:14 AM »
Quite a few members of the "mainstream" media are, once again, in an absolute pants-messing tizzy about this.

It's beautiful to see...

Now they're screeching about the potential for it to affect midterms.

Obviously they mean affecting midterms in a way that they don't want them to be affected, or negating their ability to affect the midterms with their twitter feeds.

I love to see liberal media in pain and panic.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #459 on: October 05, 2022, 07:06:12 AM »
muh democracy!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #460 on: October 05, 2022, 07:07:40 AM »
This one is really special...

From author Don Winslow...

"IF Musk gets control of Twitter, And Zuckerberg has control of Facebook, And CNN is under new Republican backed management, We have a massive problem. And do not listen to anyone who tells you differently."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Obviously he means Facebook won't kowtow to liberal demands to let their *expletive deleted*it run rampant while flushing conservatives completely off the platform...

And by CNN being "Republican-backed" he means losing that channel's 24x7 TRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP screech-a-thon when it has the temerity to actually go back to reporting news...

This is turning out to be a really good morning. The crocodile tears make up for all of the rain we've been having.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #461 on: October 05, 2022, 10:10:26 AM »
I’m trying to figure out how Zuck having control of FB is bad for the Dems.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #462 on: October 05, 2022, 10:30:45 AM »

Did The Zuck go off narrative at some point?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #463 on: October 05, 2022, 12:01:35 PM »

Because he hasn't yet banned all of the conservative things, just some of them.

Same way the mainstream media is controlled by the far right. You can never be sufficiently communist/black nationalist/gender-radicalist for Twitter.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #464 on: October 05, 2022, 02:04:07 PM »
Could the approaching midterms have anything to do with Musk dropping the legal shenanigans and agreeing to go through the deal? As in... twitter must be open for meaningful debate so people have a platform to denounce voter fraud?  Or did he just realize that he was screwed if he took it to court?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #465 on: October 05, 2022, 03:04:42 PM »
Could the approaching midterms have anything to do with Musk dropping the legal shenanigans and agreeing to go through the deal? As in... twitter must be open for meaningful debate so people have a platform to denounce voter fraud?  Or did he just realize that he was screwed if he took it to court?

What I heard is there were some text messages that were made public that seemed to show he was aware of the potential issues with Twitter (bots) and he would likely lose the lawsuit. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #466 on: October 05, 2022, 03:54:37 PM »
I have also seen it hypothesized that Elon was pretty pissed off that the bot Army swarmed him for taking the far right fascist position that we might want to negotiate an end to the war in Ukraine before it escalated to nukes.  The theory goes that train being run on him reinvigorated his desire for a Twitter overhaul.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #467 on: October 05, 2022, 04:06:43 PM »
The trial will still move forward until the deal is all the way done.
The way it’s being reported is as though the deal is now done, and I assure you, with what we currently know, it is not. I suppose they can report the way they do, and I can tell you what’s really going on, in the eyes of the court.
He won’t even release his counterclaims in exchange for a stay of the litigation? There is absolutely no reason known to the public as of this date that would lead Twitter to accept that deal, as it is written. They get nothing, and lose the specter of trial and deposition that is obviously motivating Musk to make this whole thing go away. Why release the hold on those leads? For what? A “for realsies this time” promise? I don’t think so.
The notion that this response means that they are going to agree to stay the trial or push the upcoming depositions is bonkers, and I will say that if for some reason they agreed to it, it could only show that their case has a weakness to which the public is not yet privy. Because absent some motivation on Twitter’s part to avoid a trial (and we have seen none), there is absolutely no incentive for them to accept Musk’s proffer, because again—he’s offering them nothing that they don’t already have.
From the judge today:
"The parties have not filed a stipulation to stay this action, nor has any party moved for a stay. I, therefore, continue to press on toward our trial set to begin on October 17, 2022"

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #468 on: October 06, 2022, 08:38:47 AM »
Well, according to the bookface, i'm still on double-secret probation...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #469 on: October 06, 2022, 01:28:20 PM »
Musk "will be taught a lesson"

Elon Musk has released his personality too much, and he believes too much in the US and West’s “freedom of speech.” He will be taught a lesson. pic.twitter.com/nv4VU7rFIv
    — Hu Xijin ??? (@HuXijin_GT) October 4, 2022

Makes one wonder why would China be so concerned with Musk now, Hmmmmm

'Will Be Taught a Lesson': CCP Mouthpiece Threatens Elon Musk
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2022/10/06/will-be-taught-a-lesson-ccp-mouthpiece-threatens-elon-musk-n2614067
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #470 on: October 06, 2022, 02:57:28 PM »
The bot purge was in overdrive yesterday.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #471 on: October 06, 2022, 05:21:55 PM »
Hopefully Musk hurries up with the purchase to put the kibosh on this:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/06/twitter-is-rolling-out-birdwatch-ahead-of-the-midterm-elections-so-eligible-users-can-add-helpful-notes-to-your-tweets/

We obviously know who the "selected users" will be.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #472 on: October 07, 2022, 08:33:09 PM »
Twitter Purchase Delayed As ATM Will Only Let Elon Get $200 Out At A Time
https://babylonbee.com/news/twitter-purchase-delayed-as-atm-will-only-let-elon-get-200-out-at-a-time
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #473 on: October 07, 2022, 11:05:47 PM »
I have also seen it hypothesized that Elon was pretty pissed off that the bot Army swarmed him for taking the far right fascist position that we might want to negotiate an end to the war in Ukraine before it escalated to nukes.  The theory goes that train being run on him reinvigorated his desire for a Twitter overhaul.

Very possible -- even likely.

Musk is an ardent advocate for free speech ... unless the aforementioned free speech is critical of Elon Musk.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend