Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 46635 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2022, 12:10:06 PM »
    The Barbarians are at the Gate

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 22, 2022
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/04/24/twitter-better-hope-elon-musks-tweet-about-barbarians-is-not-foreshadowing-because-if-it-is-*expletive deleted*it-is-about-to-get-real/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2022, 01:52:35 PM »
Bloomberg News? Bloomberg News?  Bloomberg?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2022, 09:37:11 AM »
AH MAH GERDZ! FREE SPEEZH IS DED!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2022, 10:06:17 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2022, 10:16:48 AM »
https://www.businessinsider.com/ron-santis-hold-twitter-board-accountable-poison-pill-elon-musk-2022-4

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said at a press conference Tuesday that the state will attempt to hold Twitter's board of directors "accountable" for their poison pill defense against Elon Musk's potential hostile takeover.
-------------------------------
Florida's state pension fund holds 949,690 shares in Twitter as of Dec. 31, according to Bloomberg.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2022, 11:06:43 AM »
Somedays Ron just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2022, 01:47:33 PM »
Somedays Ron just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

But is he wrong?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2022, 02:31:41 PM »
But is he wrong?

Probably.  I know there were rumblings of lawsuits from shareholders about the boards fiduciary responsibility in [attempting to] block the acquisition, but I think an argument could easily be made that the board figured that Elon was a polarizing enough figure that overall the acquisition would cost Twitter value and money, so they were acting responsibly.  At least I assume that's what the board's lawyers would say.

So it's probably a frivolous threat.

On top of that the State of Florida's pension fund's stake in Twitter is pretty small, and the pension fund is well leveraged against market volatility, so there's some question if it would actually hurt FL.  But the real issue is that DeSantis is a government executive that has much more important *expletive deleted*it to be working on in FL. He could work on the Open Carry he talked about, for instance.  Ron has really embraced the Trump "Every headline is a good headline" idea, and, I think, really enjoys seeing himself on TV.  So he says *expletive deleted*it that will get him on TV.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2022, 02:37:27 PM »
The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming.

How many Russian Oligarchs are propping up this @elonmusk @twitter bid right now, do ya think?

It sure would fix everything for putin, tang and the rest of the complicit super rich if this platform was run by them.

After the takeover, I wouldn’t DM anymore if I were you.

— yvette nicole brown (@YNB) April 25, 2022

Actress Yvette Nicole Brown suspects ‘Russian Oligarchs are propping up’ Elon Musk’s Twitter bid, shares a piece of post-‘takeover’ advice
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/04/25/actress-yvette-nicole-brown-suspects-russian-oligarchs-are-propping-up-elon-musks-twitter-bid-shares-a-piece-of-post-takeover-advice/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #136 on: April 25, 2022, 02:59:53 PM »
The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming.

Actress Yvette Nicole Brown suspects ‘Russian Oligarchs are propping up’ Elon Musk’s Twitter bid, shares a piece of post-‘takeover’ advice
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/04/25/actress-yvette-nicole-brown-suspects-russian-oligarchs-are-propping-up-elon-musks-twitter-bid-shares-a-piece-of-post-takeover-advice/

Honest question: Are Russian oligarchs worse than who's in charge of Twitter now?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #137 on: April 25, 2022, 03:03:26 PM »
Twitter board agrees to $44bn takeover by Elon Musk
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61222470
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #138 on: April 25, 2022, 03:05:00 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #139 on: April 25, 2022, 03:42:51 PM »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #140 on: April 25, 2022, 03:46:41 PM »
Probably.  I know there were rumblings of lawsuits from shareholders about the boards fiduciary responsibility in [attempting to] block the acquisition, but I think an argument could easily be made that the board figured that Elon was a polarizing enough figure that overall the acquisition would cost Twitter value and money, so they were acting responsibly.  At least I assume that's what the board's lawyers would say.

So it's probably a frivolous threat.

On top of that the State of Florida's pension fund's stake in Twitter is pretty small, and the pension fund is well leveraged against market volatility, so there's some question if it would actually hurt FL.  But the real issue is that DeSantis is a government executive that has much more important *expletive deleted*it to be working on in FL. He could work on the Open Carry he talked about, for instance.  Ron has really embraced the Trump "Every headline is a good headline" idea, and, I think, really enjoys seeing himself on TV.  So he says *expletive deleted*it that will get him on TV.
You are probably right that the State of Florida wouldn't have much to say about it.  However, I heard a similar comment from someone else (before DeSantis spoke up) about Twitter's board doing a poison pill plan, that it would overall hurt shareholders which is not what they are supposed to be doing.  How far someone could take that legally is question I can't answer. 

Moot point now. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2022, 04:30:35 PM »
Is there anyone more savvy in business than I that can explain what happens next?  Elon's SEC filing stated his intention to take Twitter private.  Do the shareholders vote on the deal?  Do they all just get a check for $54 per share for whatever they had?  Why is the stock still trading (as of market close today)?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2022, 04:59:51 PM »
Twitter locks down product changes:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-25/twitter-locks-down-product-changes-after-agreeing-to-musk-bid?srnd=premium

Product changes will require approval from a vice president, the people said. Twitter imposed the temporary ban to keep employees who may be miffed about the deal from “going rogue,” according to one of the people.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2022, 05:17:03 PM »
Obi-Wan : I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Elon Musk: I just bought Twitter.

:rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2022, 05:18:59 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #146 on: April 25, 2022, 05:26:35 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #147 on: April 25, 2022, 05:28:06 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2022, 05:34:07 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if some employees have already acted to delete data:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/25/one-request-for-elon-musk-audit-the-twitter-logs-to-show-how-our-communications-were-manipulated/

Don't be surprised if some unexplained fires break out in the server rooms.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #149 on: April 25, 2022, 05:38:22 PM »
Meanwhile at twitter

- Calvin and Hobbes