Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 46667 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2022, 05:56:21 PM »
This is  cracking me up. This exactly what these shmucks were telling others to do "and if you don't like it, tough", but now they're upset they may have to take their own advice.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/25/build-your-own-sounds-like-robert-b-reich-wants-to-leave-twitter-and-keep-his-followers-is-haunted-by-old-tweets/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2022, 06:44:46 PM »
And of course the Biden admin wants to look into online misinformation. Reforming Section 230 is a valid topic after all . . . .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10752593/Psaki-hints-Biden-Twitter-Musk-takes-concerns-power.html

Psaki: "the president has long been concerned about the power of large social media platforms"

His main concern is making sure those that run them toe the correct line . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2022, 06:50:12 PM »
Psaki: "the president has long been concerned about the power of large social media platforms"

I wouldn't be surprised if they now decide they need to have DOJ "do something" about big tech twitter.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2022, 07:11:23 PM »
Musk could buy a painting with the loose change in his couch
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2022, 07:12:07 PM »
Meanwhile at twitter

Stealing and posting on Facebook!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2022, 07:49:39 PM »
The ACLU: Absolute free speech is unacceptable

Human rights groups including the ACLU and Amnesty International raised concerns about hate speech on Twitter and the power that Elon Musk, a self-described 'free speech absolutist,' would have after his acquisition https://t.co/U3h2usxiKp pic.twitter.com/mlhwzzF9OJ

— Reuters (@Reuters) April 25, 2022

Reuters: Human rights groups like the ACLU and Amnesty International have ‘raised concerns’ about hate speech on Twitter
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/25/reuters-human-rights-groups-like-the-aclu-and-amnesty-international-have-raised-concerns-about-hate-speech-on-twitter/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 08:01:41 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2022, 07:57:39 PM »
Stealing and posting on Facebook!

You too.  :rofl:

bob

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2022, 08:51:19 PM »
The ACLU: Absolute free speech is unacceptable

Reuters: Human rights groups like the ACLU and Amnesty International have ‘raised concerns’ about hate speech on Twitter
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/25/reuters-human-rights-groups-like-the-aclu-and-amnesty-international-have-raised-concerns-about-hate-speech-on-twitter/

Wait,  that's allowed again?  Finally,  I'm freed from the prison that is Ifunny and Gab!
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2022, 09:17:26 PM »
The owner of Chinazon thinks twitter now has a China problem

Interesting question. Did the Chinese government just gain a bit of leverage over the town square? https://t.co/jTiEnabP6T

— Jeff Bezos (@JeffBezos) April 25, 2022

FAIL: Christina Pushaw & others give Jeff Bezos the wedgie of self-awareness after attempt to connect Musk’s Twitter purchase to China
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/04/25/fail-christina-pushaw-others-give-jeff-bezos-the-wedgie-of-self-awareness-after-attempt-to-connect-musks-twitter-purchase-to-china/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 09:46:44 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2022, 10:26:30 PM »
Just wait until he moves the HQ to Texas.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2022, 10:28:58 PM »
And of course the Biden admin wants to look into online misinformation. Reforming Section 230 is a valid topic after all . . . .

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10752593/Psaki-hints-Biden-Twitter-Musk-takes-concerns-power.html

His main concern is making sure those that run them toe the correct line . . .

- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2022, 11:25:57 PM »
My last Twitter post:
HeroHog @SpeedyMercer
#ElonMusk #ElonMuskBuyTwitter #ElonMuskTwitter
I, for one, WELCOME our reptilian overlord. LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC and the US Constitution, ALL OF IT!!!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2022, 11:35:04 PM »
You now have a follower.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2022, 11:47:16 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2022, 11:59:30 PM »
Consulting group I used to work for had a Friday Afternoon Happy Hour at a mexican restaurant adjacent to the hotel where the out-of-town folks stayed. The VP picked up the tab. There was serious drinking. And there was a whiteboard and someone keeping notes, and "no idea is a bad idea" about various strategy topics.

Some excellent stuff came out of that. A few really horrid ideas, but when folks got lubed enough, they just said what they really thought, and that often was right.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2022, 08:13:18 AM »
Enter David Hogg
He's got fellow Super Genius Musk all figured out

‘Hear me out’: David Hogg thinks Elon Musk may use Twitter’s data to build a ‘humanoid robot’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/04/26/hear-me-out-david-hogg-thinks-elon-musk-may-use-twitters-data-to-build-a-humanoid-robot/
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 08:30:43 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2022, 09:14:06 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2022, 10:14:39 AM »
Gaslighting turned to 11
This MSNBC guy is worried twitter is going start doing what twitter has been doing

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1518777886668374016
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2022, 10:17:37 AM »
And Trumps says he's not going back to twitter

“I am not going on Twitter, I am going to stay on TRUTH,” Trump told Fox News. “I hope Elon buys Twitter because he’ll make improvements to it and he is a good man, but I am going to be staying on TRUTH.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/04/26/good-news-the-biggest-fear-for-many-twitter-employees-and-the-naacp-with-elon-musk-in-charge-isnt-going-to-happen/
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2022, 10:42:10 AM »
Are there any estimates as to when I can start posting pics of my guns on Faisbook?

And why do I have the suspicion there's a  lot of backups on Faisbook being reviewed for "accuracy?"

Or is Faisbook now the "rescue helicopter" (as depicted above) for aggrieved Leftists?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2022, 12:28:05 PM »
    The View's Sunny Hostin: "So when Elon Musk says, 'wow, this is about free speech,' seems to me that it’s about free speech of straight white men." pic.twitter.com/q6jmGVK1gX

— John Cooper (@thejcoop) April 26, 2022

Well now you know
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2022, 12:39:39 PM »
    Think of the damage Zuckerberg has done.
    Musk is a Piers Morgan level media thirsty, vindictive, white supremacist who is looking to convince you he is an innovative disruptor.

— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) April 25, 2022

Well now you know because you now.....know
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2022, 01:08:52 PM »
Nice list

‘Men DON’T have periods’: Sara Gonzales tweets EVERYTHING (and then some) Twitter has suspended Conservatives for saying before and it’s GLORIOUS
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/04/26/men-dont-have-periods-sara-gonzales-tweets-everything-and-then-some-twitter-has-suspended-conservatives-for-saying-before-and-its-glorious/
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2022, 01:37:16 PM »
Related note:

I don't know how much time this crowd spends on twitter, but today, all of a sudden, literally hundreds of conservatives leaning tweets are just appearing by like magic on peoples timelines.  Conservative folks are all of a sudden reaching followers that are interested in their views and engaging on threads.

An example: https://twitter.com/monsterhunter45/status/1518978445631401986  ( I already followed Larry, but he's seeing a bunch of movement)

IraqVetern8888 and John Ringo showed up on my feed today, and I didn't even know they were on Twitter.

The deal isn't actually done yet, so it's not like Elon is in there tearing things up.  I have two theories:  Twitter employees aren't as monolithic as everyone thought, and folks that previously felt the need to keep a head down and go with the liberal flow are feeling empowered to tweak stuff (probably not), or there was a shadowban algorithm, and someone nuked it before Elon could make it public.  By the time the deal is done there will be no evidence that algorithmic de-platforming ever occurred.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2022, 03:25:32 PM »
Related note:

I don't know how much time this crowd spends on twitter, but today, all of a sudden, literally hundreds of conservatives leaning tweets are just appearing by like magic on peoples timelines.  Conservative folks are all of a sudden reaching followers that are interested in their views and engaging on threads.

An example: https://twitter.com/monsterhunter45/status/1518978445631401986  ( I already followed Larry, but he's seeing a bunch of movement)

IraqVetern8888 and John Ringo showed up on my feed today, and I didn't even know they were on Twitter.

The deal isn't actually done yet, so it's not like Elon is in there tearing things up.  I have two theories:  Twitter employees aren't as monolithic as everyone thought, and folks that previously felt the need to keep a head down and go with the liberal flow are feeling empowered to tweak stuff (probably not), or there was a shadowban algorithm, and someone nuked it before Elon could make it public.  By the time the deal is done there will be no evidence that algorithmic de-platforming ever occurred.

It's also possible people that had left have now returned. I think the theory that someone at twitter has "untweaked" the algorithm is the most likely though.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht