Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 46602 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2022, 12:09:16 PM »
Pretty sure that if he can buy twitter, build a space internet company etc that he can make an App Store. I didn’t know I needed this but the memes are better than the great triggering. (Inauguration 2017)
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2022, 01:17:38 PM »
Now he's putting the lives of twitter execs at risk

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/04/27/complete-bs-saagar-enjeti-busts-wapo-journo-who-straight-up-lied-about-him-in-order-to-paint-elon-musk-as-a-safety-threat/

Well, the Post is simply outing White Racist Hate Speech lovers.

What, he's not white?

Doesn't matter, he's a White Racist Hate Speech lover.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2022, 01:21:46 PM »
I am told this morning that Apple and Google will remove Twitter from the App Store if it does not moderate and remove hate speech under @ElonMusk.

So what? Musk can make it available for download most anywhere he wants. Sure, there are a couple of extra steps if you're not using Play or Store, depending on your settings, but big deal.

I'm thinking this "hostage" crap that was pulled on Parler is no longer going to happen. You have Rumble guaranteeing service for these sites now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Musk makes an instant workaround if Apple and Google do this, to the detriment of them both. Big tech is no longer calling the shots, I think.

Related, I see that there are a ton of articles out now listing "all" the alternatives to twitter. Parler and Truth are not listed in the "all". Of all the sites they do list, the only one I've heard of is mastadon, and only because it has been in the news for the past few days listed as a "safe space". 
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2022, 01:35:30 PM »
Herrrre's Everything is about race Joy Reid

MSNBC host Joy Reid came up with an insane theory to explain why billionaire Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk decided to buy Twitter.

During her show on Tuesday, Reid claimed Musk bought Twitter because he yearns for the days of apartheid South Africa.

"They don't want to just be in the club. They are on the — they've been described as being on the outside of the culture looking in through the glass, but they don't just want to come in. They want to come in and be able to punch people in the face and walk around and laugh about it and to not have anyone be able to stop them. The thing is, the enjoyment they get out of being in this 'town square' is being able to harass people, being able to attack people," Reid said.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2022, 03:58:57 PM »
Twitter executive accuses Musk of MISOGYNY for criticizing firm's top lawyer over her 'incredibly inappropriate' censorship of Hunter Biden laptop story - but Elon continues attacking Twitter and points out Trump's Truth Social is beating it
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10756831/Elon-Musk-slams-Twitters-lawyer-sobbed-bought-social-media-network.html

Elon Musk Just TORCHED Twitters Top Lawyer For Left Wing Bias! Old Joe Rogan Interview Resurfaces!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPVsaAsJUCw
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2022, 04:04:42 PM »
Dataracer
@Dataracer117
Twitters Saftey executive Vijaya Gadde sent these 3 tweets to the journalist herself to smear Elon Musk.

They were all screen captured within 1 min of being posted, at a similar time, on 3 different posts. None by Elon Musk.

Kinda sloppy on this hit job.
https://twitter.com/Dataracer117/status/1519277255171530755
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2022, 04:45:41 PM »
Wow

Elon Musk LOCKS OUT Twitter Staff On Fears Of SABOTAGE After Slack Messages LEAK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae0o4nhLDDg
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2022, 05:10:16 PM »
Wow

Elon Musk LOCKS OUT Twitter Staff On Fears Of SABOTAGE After Slack Messages LEAK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae0o4nhLDDg

That was first announced maybe two days ago? I thought I read it on Fox, but it may have been somewhere else, and it apparently wasn't at the behest of Elon Musk, it was Twitter's current management who did it, apparently.

This is from Tech Crunch: https://techcrunch.com/2022/04/26/twitter-lock-source-code-elon-musk/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2022, 07:15:56 PM »
Babylon Bee remains in Twitter jail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOenZRqMCWA
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2022, 07:18:02 PM »
Babylon Bee remains in Twitter jail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOenZRqMCWA

:rofl:

Love the Trump and Gina background.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2022, 09:31:10 PM »
=D

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2022, 09:37:54 PM »
I just hope he doesn't pull a Trump and hang on to all the old guard in Twitter's staff.

I suspect Trump's lack of instant swamp-draining was unwise, although I defended it back then. Silly me.

Single biggest mistake Trump made was not immediately firing everyone he was legally/constitutionally entitled to purge.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2022, 11:15:12 PM »
Single biggest mistake Trump made was not immediately firing everyone he was legally/constitutionally entitled to purge.

Spot on Larry !!  :rofl:  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #215 on: April 28, 2022, 12:38:55 AM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/elon-musk-teases-buying-more-companies-including-coca-cola-to-add-back-the-cocaine

"Next I’m buying Coca-Cola to put the cocaine back in," Musk quipped in a late-night tweet Wednesday.

Billy Markus, the co-creator of Dogecoin who uses the Twitter name "Shibetoshi Nakamoto" (a reference to Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym used by the inventors of Bitcoin), asked Musk, "can you buy fox I want another season of ‘firefly’." "Firefly" (2002-2003) became a cult classic, despite getting canceled after only one season.

"Some sci-fi that actually features sci-fi would be great," Musk replied.

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #216 on: April 28, 2022, 06:55:37 AM »
I want him to buy Bushmaster and absolutely flood the streets with rifles.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #217 on: April 28, 2022, 07:20:55 AM »
I want him to buy Bushmaster and absolutely flood the streets with rifles.

Musk will buy all of the gun companies, but make only Hipoints.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #218 on: April 28, 2022, 07:58:22 AM »

Winning: Elon Musk Makes All Of Bill Gates's Tweets Autocorrect To Say 'Poopy Butt'
https://babylonbee.com/news/winning-elon-musk-makes-all-of-bill-gates-tweets-autocorrect-to-poopy-butt
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 28, 2022, 07:59:45 AM »
Musk will buy all of the gun companies, but make only Hipoints.

At least they would be fairly accurate and dependable...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #220 on: April 28, 2022, 08:02:06 AM »
At least they would be fairly accurate and dependable...

You just have to plug them in overnight every 300-400 shots or so.
But on the bright side they will auto shoot.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2022, 08:05:32 AM »

Twitter Employee Undergoes Therapy Over Elon Musk Takeover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFNCsSBnYVg
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2022, 08:09:24 AM »
Twitter Employee Undergoes Therapy Over Elon Musk Takeover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFNCsSBnYVg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"If he buys our free speech platform, people will be able to have free speech on our platform! "

"Well that's just stupid..."

"Everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi! "

Whoa. Now that's hitting home.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2022, 08:15:47 AM »
And in other Elon news

I didn't know he dated Amber Heard for a year.  yikes!

Elon Musk, James Franco won’t testify at Depp-Heard trial after all
https://nypost.com/2022/04/27/elon-musk-james-franco-wont-testify-at-johnny-depp-amber-heard-trial/
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2022, 08:31:33 AM »
My favorite fake (at least I think it's a fake) Musk tweet so far:

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht