Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 47692 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2022, 09:05:11 AM »
He responded to this one

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
11h
Listen, I can’t do miracles ok
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2022, 09:07:31 AM »
Zero-thickness edges:

----------
Stephen Miller
@StephenM
·
22h
I, for one, am enraged by the sinister
@elonmusk
 plot to allow ordinary citizens—many without PHDs, let alone NYT subscriptions—to freely express themselves & question the unblemished wisdom of politicians, gov’t experts, even CEOs. This is the dark & dangerous road to democracy.

(Bolding mine --230RN)

----------

Kassy Dillon
@KassyDillon
·
22h
I just paid off my student loans, and now Joe Biden expects me to pay off other people's. No thanks.

(Maybe they can set aside some freshly-printed money just for you to pay it off.)

----------

Seth Dillon
@SethDillon
·
14h
Objecting to Twitter becoming politically neutral is to admit that it isn’t.

(Say, whut?  You trying to start trouble?  Why, doublethink is at the core of Leftist thinking.)

----------

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2022, 09:13:31 AM »
Posted ysterday

Breakingviews: Elon Musk probably won’t buy Twitter
https://www.reuters.com/breakingviews/elon-musk-probably-wont-buy-twitter-2022-04-27/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2022, 09:26:43 AM »
Jussie Smollet to the red courtesy phone

Anand Giridharadas @ The.Ink
@AnandWrites
Some Musk bro just confronted me at an airport, right outside security, but only once he had cleared it, in case you’re wondering whether this digital army he is unleashing is online-only.
7:34 PM · Apr 27, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/AnandWrites/status/1519459971011911682?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Did you have a $5 footlong in your hand?

Were they wearing Tesla hats, and screaming 'This is MUSK COUNTRY!!!!!'???

— Shay Patrick Cormac (@ShayCormac_1) April 28, 2022
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/04/28/this-is-tesla-country-anand-giridhardas-terrifying-tale-of-some-musk-bro-confronting-him-would-make-jussie-smollet-proud/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2022, 02:23:55 PM »
Watcher.Guru
@WatcherGuru
JUST IN: The FCC, FTC and DOJ were asked to block Elon Musk’s deal to acquire Twitter after claiming the transaction poses a “direct threat to American democracy and free speech”.

The Commissioner responded and said they had no authority to block the purchase.
https://twitter.com/WatcherGuru/status/1519507566820315136

Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
11h
Replying to
@WatcherGuru
FCC FTW!
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2022, 05:51:55 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2022, 07:57:31 PM »
“I want Twitter to do well. I just have no faith that under Elon Musk that Twitter would continue to be a place where women, people of color or LGBT people could use it at all,” she said.

Is NBC News Serious With This Piece About Elon Musk and Twitter?
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2022/04/28/is-nbc-news-serious-with-this-piece-about-elon-musk-and-twitter-n2606447
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2022, 08:08:38 PM »
Democrat senators say Elon Musk should be called to testify over his plans to overhaul Twitter
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/04/28/democrat-senators-say-elon-musk-should-be-called-to-testify-over-his-plans-to-overhaul-twitter/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2022, 09:31:12 PM »

Pranay Pathole
@PPathole
·
6h
The hate @elonmusk
 receives is unfair. Elon is one of the greatest engineers of this generation. The man is solving climate change, reusable rockets, existential risk with AI, traffic, & free speech. He's an inspiration.
LabPadre
@LabPadre
Replying to
@PPathole
 and
@elonmusk
Ignorance and jealousy brings out the worst in people. They have no idea what they're hating.
5:41 PM · Apr 28, 2022·Twitter for Android
https://twitter.com/LabPadre/status/1519793945777262593?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3ALabPadre%7Ctwgr%5EeyJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29va2llX2V4cGlyYXRpb24iOnsiYnVja2V0IjoxMjA5NjAwLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3NwYWNlX2NhcmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib2ZmIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH19%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.starshipstalker.com%2F
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2022, 09:57:53 AM »
Elon Musk
@elonmusk
·
1h
The far left hates everyone, themselves included!
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #235 on: April 29, 2022, 11:30:44 AM »
    BTW, since it seems to be the latest “thing” on here. I’m stating that I’m staying on Twitter. Besides I think @elonmusk is adorbs. Also, full disclosure: I’m trying to pitch Elon to hire me as face of Twitter. #dumpthebird 😉😏

— William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) April 28, 2022
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/04/29/unlike-other-hollywood-whiners-losing-their-minds-over-elon-musk-buying-twitter-william-shatner-embraces-it-in-perfect-tweet/

Waiting on Takei's take  [popcorn]
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #236 on: April 29, 2022, 12:16:39 PM »
Yes Virginia they are this dumb

S.E. Cupp gets the feeling that Elon Musk ‘is going to run for president’ (so who wants to tell her?)
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/04/29/s-e-cupp-gets-the-feeling-that-elon-musk-is-going-to-run-for-president-so-who-wants-to-tell-her/
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #237 on: April 29, 2022, 12:46:54 PM »
I'll bid $100 for the privilege of telling her.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #238 on: April 29, 2022, 02:29:06 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #239 on: April 29, 2022, 02:41:48 PM »
For real fun he should eliminate the liberal’s coveted blue checkmarks 😂
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #240 on: April 29, 2022, 02:58:38 PM »
AOC is mad now

AOC is pretty disgusted that a billionaire like Elon Musk has the nerve to criticize ‘the extreme far left’ (no word on if she’ll return her Tesla)
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/04/29/aoc-is-pretty-disgusted-that-a-billionaire-like-elon-musk-has-the-nerve-to-criticize-the-extreme-far-left-no-word-on-if-shell-return-her-tesla/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #241 on: April 29, 2022, 04:26:16 PM »
No wonder she's crying

Twitter’s chief lawyer — seen as the social network’s top advocate for censoring conservatives — is among the highly paid executives who stand to lose their job if Elon Musk completes his takeover of the company.

Vijaya Gadde, who earned $17 million last year as Twitter’s top legal counsel, could be on the chopping block as Musk is reportedly planning to slash jobs and reduce executive pay as he looks to secure financing for his Twitter bid.
Twitter’s ‘chief censor’ making $17M per year could be fired by Elon Musk
https://nypost.com/2022/04/29/twitters-chief-censor-making-17m-per-year-could-be-fired/

[popcorn]
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #242 on: April 29, 2022, 05:16:58 PM »
No wonder she's crying
Twitter’s ‘chief censor’ making $17M per year could be fired by Elon Musk
https://nypost.com/2022/04/29/twitters-chief-censor-making-17m-per-year-could-be-fired/

[popcorn]

Interesting with lefties, that when they're making millions, they "deserve" it all.

I guess it's a mindset that I don't understand, but if I'd been making $17mil/yr for the last few years and I got some new boss who fired me, even for no reason at all, I'd happily walk away, no hard feelings, and enjoy the dough I'd made.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2022, 05:18:59 PM »
Interesting with lefties, that when they're making millions, they "deserve" it all.

I guess it's a mindset that I don't understand, but if I'd been making $17mil/yr for the last few years and I got some new boss who fired me, even for no reason at all, I'd happily walk away, no hard feelings, and enjoy the dough I'd made.

Be willing to bet good money she blows it on parties and whatnot and has almost if not zero in her bank account.
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #244 on: April 29, 2022, 05:19:46 PM »

If you aren't stupid, that's enough to retire on, even if you're still in your 20's. But I bet WLJ is right.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #245 on: April 29, 2022, 05:22:08 PM »
If you aren't stupid, that's enough to retire on, even if you're still in your 20's. But I bet WLJ is right.

"If you aren't stupid"

That's the hard part for many
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #246 on: April 29, 2022, 05:23:05 PM »
Posted ysterday

Breakingviews: Elon Musk probably won’t buy Twitter
https://www.reuters.com/breakingviews/elon-musk-probably-wont-buy-twitter-2022-04-27/

So is the deal happening, or not?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #247 on: April 29, 2022, 05:26:36 PM »

Everything I've seen says yes but some lib rags are trying to scream no
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #248 on: April 29, 2022, 05:33:30 PM »

I read that article and all I could think was that it was the author's desperate hope that his article would somehow derail the Twitter take over and "Liberal-mode free speech" would be safe.

The whole time I was reading it I was thinking -- "This is nothing more than a spoiler article."
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #249 on: April 29, 2022, 05:36:22 PM »
Musk will buy all of the gun companies, but make only Hipoints.

You know what? I'm down with that just because of liberal rage tears.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.