Author Topic: Musk and Twitter  (Read 46644 times)

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Musk and Twitter
« Reply #300 on: May 17, 2022, 04:49:14 PM »
The real president must not be very happy right now, as the current mouthpieces are really bad at reading the prompter.

I'm still of the opinion that Brandon is an intentional insult to the country for daring to interrupt their plans with an unexpected Trump election.  Just absolutely rubbing it in that our president is just a puppet chosen by and working for a select few individuals.

ETF
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 04:24:01 PM by kgbsquirrel »

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #301 on: May 18, 2022, 04:20:57 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #302 on: May 18, 2022, 04:38:00 PM »
Audit: half of Biden's Twitter followers are fake:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/17/half-of-joe-bidens-twitter-followers-are-fake-audit-reveals/

And, most of the other half are just a bunch of *expletive deleted*ing morons.  =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #303 on: May 18, 2022, 07:18:15 PM »
And...

They are organized. Networked. With a consistent message.

And they'll pile on in an instant.

That 100 accounts may be only 30, but they can type, and I figure some of them have a lot of paragraphs stored for cut and paste...
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #304 on: May 18, 2022, 07:25:48 PM »
    The world’s leading maker of electric vehicles has been cut from S&P’s index for environmentally conscious investors due to flaws in its business conduct and, ironically, low-carbon strategy. https://t.co/vF470Tj3A7

— Forbes (@Forbes) May 18, 2022

Breaking: S&P Dow Jones Indices has just canceled Elon Musk's Tesla from the S&P 500 ESG index, citing accusations of racial discrimination.

— Kyle Becker (@kylenabecker) May 18, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/18/elon-musk-reacts-to-tesla-being-dropped-from-the-sp-500s-index-of-woke-companies-with-a-meme/

Musk's reply
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1526961753619369987
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #305 on: May 18, 2022, 07:38:24 PM »
Audit: half of Biden's Twitter followers are fake:

SparkToro used the same audit on Musk himself and found that nearly 70.2% of Musk’s 93.3 million Twitter followers were fake.
:O
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #306 on: May 18, 2022, 09:06:49 PM »
Sure, I can believe that.

I'm not sure why bots following someone would be a ding on that person. It just means they are influential enough the bot owners targeted them.

Hell even real followers don't confer agreement.  I follow Jen Psaki on twitter just to see what the WH is (was) saying. Doesn't mean I agree with her on anything.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2022, 12:48:14 AM »
Sure, I can believe that.

I'm not sure why bots following someone would be a ding on that person. It just means they are influential enough the bot owners targeted them.

Hell even real followers don't confer agreement.  I follow Jen Psaki on twitter just to see what the WH is (was) saying. Doesn't mean I agree with her on anything.

If anything it is a ding on twitter for allowing such bot usage to flourish.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2022, 07:42:27 AM »
https://youtu.be/kS-E6VtD_rE

It's important to remember Twitter isn't real.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2022, 08:27:36 AM »
A lot of people out there have never even looked at it.
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2022, 10:04:54 AM »
I joined in a while back to see what Trump was saying directly as the news kept talking about it.  I learned pretty quick not to bother with replies.  Lots of nasty replies within seconds of any post he made.  Many seems automatic having nothing to do with what he said.  I quit pretty soon after they kicked him off.  I had stopped following it anyway. 

Yes, it is not real life. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2022, 10:06:18 AM »
If anything it is a ding on twitter for allowing such bot usage to flourish.
I have heard people speculate that either Elon Musk never had any intention to buy Twitter, just expose them, or he will not pay what he offered as the bot percentage is much higher than what they claimed and what they reported to govt regulators. 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 10:08:59 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2022, 01:37:20 PM »
    *TWITTER TO PLACE WARNING NOTICE ON TWEETS DEEMED MISINFORMATION

*TWITTER TO DISABLE LIKES, RETWEETS, SHARES ON MISINFO TWEETS

— zerohedge (@zerohedge) May 19, 2022

People turn to Twitter during crisis times to share news, find support, and stay connected. Today, we’re launching a crisis misinformation policy so Twitter doesn’t recommend or amplify viral, false content that can further harm already vulnerable groups.https://t.co/NyhoGo5RQU

— Twitter Safety (@TwitterSafety) May 19, 2022
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »
I have heard people speculate that either Elon Musk never had any attention to buy Twitter, just expose them, or he will not pay what he offered as the bot percentage is much higher than what they claimed and what they reported to govt regulators.

I am one of those people.  =D

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2022, 08:13:55 AM »
Should have seen some of the responses. Like he kicked a hornets nest
- Calvin and Hobbes

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2022, 08:21:34 AM »
Interesting coincidence:

I wouldn't really call it a coincidence, he knew the story was coming and got his spin out there first. He was clearly trying to get ahead of it.
The SpaceX CEO requested more time to respond, and while Business Insider did give him more time, he did not respond by press time.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2022, 08:25:05 AM »
I fully expect that if this twitter deal fails and twitter feels like the heat is off for twitter to ban Musk or at the very least start deleting a bunch of his tweets
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2022, 08:44:05 AM »
I wouldn't really call it a coincidence, he knew the story was coming and got his spin out there first. He was clearly trying to get ahead of it.

Sure, he might have known a story might come out after he was red-pilled. It's the calling card of the anti-Kavanaugh crowd, just like the attacks on him for being the seven year old leader of apartheid in South Africa.

They had years to come up with stuff like this. It's only happening now though.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2022, 10:11:42 AM »
Sure, he might have known a story might come out after he was red-pilled. It's the calling card of the anti-Kavanaugh crowd, just like the attacks on him for being the seven year old leader of apartheid in South Africa.

They had years to come up with stuff like this. It's only happening now though.
And they will find several more people to accuse him as too many people think a bunch of accusers means it is accurate.  Doesn't matter if they are real or not.  We have seen that before also.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2022, 10:34:37 AM »
I'll give them this much they're consistent
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2022, 10:45:14 AM »
And Twitter "algorithms" seem to be suppressing all posts critical of the Business Insider hit piece.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/05/20/elon-musk-sees-no-coincidence-in-timing-of-standard-despicable-playbook-being-used-against-him/

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2022, 11:25:38 AM »
And they will find several more people to accuse him as too many people think a bunch of accusers means it is accurate.  Doesn't matter if they are real or not.  We have seen that before also.

I also note that it's an anonymous "friend" rather than the woman in question, who is "heroically speaking for the woman".

"If there were a way for [her] to come forward without putting herself at risk, without jeopardizing her life in any way, I believe she would," the friend of the attendant told Insider. "I hope she feels like I did the right thing. I hope she feels I said the things that she didn't feel safe enough to say."

I'm sure Bond villain Musk has SPECTRE assassins on the move already.  ;/

I also noticed this at the bottom of the article:

Do you have important information to share about Musk, SpaceX, or his other companies? Contact us at investigations@insider.com.

Sure sounds like unbiased reporting with zero agenda to me.  ;/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2022, 11:26:55 AM »
And Twitter "algorithms" seem to be suppressing all posts critical of the Business Insider hit piece.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/05/20/elon-musk-sees-no-coincidence-in-timing-of-standard-despicable-playbook-being-used-against-him/

This is my shocked face
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2022, 11:42:52 AM »
Several thoughts...

1. I also suspect the timing on these allegations against Musk. Seems to be way too... convenient.

2. I also don't have a problem believing that these allegations against Musk could be real. Money, power, and fame go a long way towards making people think that they are invulnerable.

3. If these allegations are manufactured (and I have no doubt believing that they could be) by someone against Musk's takeover of Twitter, I have to wonder what they really think they're going to accomplish. One allegation isn't going to be enough to derail his Twitter purchase. FAR more credible allegations against Joe Biden went absolutely nowhere (I know, I know...)
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.