Author Topic: Conspiracy or Master Plan?  (Read 1189 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Conspiracy or Master Plan?
« on: April 21, 2022, 10:21:19 PM »
Multiple Large Food Processing & Distribution Plants in US Have Recently Exploded or Burned Down
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/multiple-large-food-processing-distribution-plants-in-us-have-recently-exploded-or-burned-down/

Since the beginning of the year, there have been several very large food processing facilities that have exploded or burned to the ground across the U.S.

I saw this a few times on Instragram.  Looks a little too good.  I didn't notice any debunking links, but all the links that did come up are less well known to me.  Any thoughts? 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CcnsnJErl2R/
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Conspiracy or Master Plan?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 10:37:33 PM »
Haven't read the link. If it were true there are several things at work. First someone just noticed how often large industry screws up. Second, what workers and maintenance workers have shown up for the last two years at food plants have been worked to death. Heck, blame Trump. All the local food plants have been wall to wall bilingual ads since he was elected with ridiculous wage hikes even before Joeflation. And good luck shutting down a line to actually fix it. Plant managers don't like that.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 10:45:20 PM »
Expect the best, plan for the worst.

I would not be surprised if it were a one-at-a-time-let's-not-cause-too-much-suspicion phenomenon.  Plan accordingly.

That recent Wal-Mart distribution center fire always looked funny to my inexpert eyes, Tom Swift said, paranoidically.  Yeah, "wooden floors."  Su-u-u-ure.

Non-clinical "paranoia" is a survival trait.

D'ja ever watch an old alley cat cross an alley?  How do you think he got to be an old alley cat?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 10:56:15 PM »
Expect the best, plan for the worst.

I would not be surprised if it were a one-at-a-time-let's-not-cause-too-much-suspicion phenomenon.  Plan accordingly.

That recent Wal-Mart distribution center fire always looked funny to my inexpert eyes, Tom Swift said, paranoidically.  Yeah, "wooden floors."  Su-u-u-ure.

Non-clinical "paranoia" is a survival trait.

D'ja ever watch an old alley cat cross an alley?  How do you think he got to be an old alley cat?
I find it hard to disagree, but never underestimate the ability of companies to be cheap and think short term.  If there isn't a govt standard/regulation to worry about, don't spend money or push it off to future fiscal years.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2022, 12:31:52 PM »
I find it hard to disagree, but never underestimate the ability of companies to be cheap and think short term.  If there isn't a govt standard/regulation to worry about, don't spend money or push it off to future fiscal years.

Which of course provides a perfect vulnerability.

Paranoia is a survival trait, and there are times when we ain't paranoid enough here on the good ship Lollipop.

Terry, 230RN

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2022, 12:40:03 PM »
It’s what happens when the people that know what they are doing are retiring or quitting in droves and there aren’t people coming in behind them to learn the skills and pick up the work. You can thank the attitude of “everybody should have an easy job” for killing the supply of people who make society run.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2022, 12:52:26 PM »
Very true. I remember when I was a tyke my father worked for an engineering consulting company. He was tasked with designing some kind of industrial building for a customer - warehouse, factory, whatever. The customer took the design and gave it to a builder, who took it upon himself to save money by using smaller roof girders and spacing them further apart. Snowstorm came - roof collapsed. Comparing the ruins of the building with original documentation showed that THEY changed the design radically from what my father produced, so they didn't find the scapegoat they were looking for.

I saw MANY similar things happen during my career - people with too much authority meddling with things they truly didn't understand - but fortunately not with equally catastrophic results.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2022, 01:01:22 PM »
Very true. I remember when I was a tyke my father worked for an engineering consulting company. He was tasked with designing some kind of industrial building for a customer - warehouse, factory, whatever. The customer took the design and gave it to a builder, who took it upon himself to save money by using smaller roof girders and spacing them further apart. Snowstorm came - roof collapsed. Comparing the ruins of the building with original documentation showed that THEY changed the design radically from what my father produced, so they didn't find the scapegoat they were looking for.

I saw MANY similar things happen during my career - people with too much authority meddling with things they truly didn't understand - but fortunately not with equally catastrophic results.

Hyatt Regency Skywalk
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2022, 01:27:46 PM »
The Hot Pockets one was a mercy killing. Nothing less.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2022, 01:54:21 PM »
The Hot Pockets one was a mercy killing. Nothing less.

Two retired businessmen meet at a bar and strike up a conversation.   One says he had a great business but a fire destroyed it, so he collected the insurance and retired.

The other one says he had a similar thing but a flood was what wiped out his business and he also collected the insurance and retired.

The first one looks at the other guy and asks "Really? So tell me, how do you start a flood?"

Swiped from Playboy joke column.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2022, 02:29:52 PM »
As fast as this one this story is spreading through social media, I'm going to call bullcrap on a master plan or conspiracy. Some troll is having a lot of fun.

I was just thinking about how many food factories and food warehouses within 100 miles of where I live.

Smithfield, Hormel, Prestage, Zinpro, Daybreak, Centrium, Sparboe, Martin Brower, Cargill, AMP, ZinPro, Purina, AGP, Land o' Lakes, Heinz Kraft, Martin Brothers, Cysco, Michael Foods, JBS, Malt o Meal, Northwood Foods, etc.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2022, 02:42:16 PM »
As fast as this one this story is spreading through social media, I'm going to call bullcrap on a master plan or conspiracy. Some troll is having a lot of fun.

I was just thinking about how many food factories and food warehouses within 100 miles of where I live.

Smithfield, Hormel, Prestage, Zinpro, Daybreak, Centrium, Sparboe, Martin Brower, Cargill, AMP, ZinPro, Purina, AGP, Land o' Lakes, Heinz Kraft, Martin Brothers, Cysco, Michael Foods, JBS, Malt o Meal, Northwood Foods, etc.
That was part of the information that was missing.  How many food processing locations are there?  This number of fires is likely meaningless to total production. 

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 03:44:16 PM »

That was part of the information that was missing.  How many food processing locations are there?  This number of fires is likely meaningless to total production.

This in spades.  Same thing regarding non-food distribution centers catching fire.  Some folks lumped the recent Walmart DC fire into this conspiracy nuttery.  Do they have any idea how many DCs Walmart has?  Over 150 at last count if I remember correctly.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 03:53:38 PM »
This in spades.  Same thing regarding non-food distribution centers catching fire.  Some folks lumped the recent Walmart DC fire into this conspiracy nuttery.  Do they have any idea how many DCs Walmart has?  Over 150 at last count if I remember correctly.

So aliens
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 05:10:56 PM »
It's enough to raise an eyebrow and cause elevated interest and increased attention.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2022, 05:22:43 PM »
It's enough to raise an eyebrow and cause elevated interest and increased attention.

Not really, there was 120,000 structural non-residential fires in 2019.

see page 4

https://www.nfpa.org/-/media/Files/News-and-Research/Fire-statistics-and-reports/US-Fire-Problem/FireLoss2020.ashx

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2022, 05:30:30 PM »
How many food processing facilities burned in the same time period last year? Or the year before?
Not saying  it's a major conspiracy but I don't much believe in coincidence.
All I'm saying is such bears a little extra attention.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2022, 05:49:19 PM »
Which of course provides a perfect vulnerability.

Paranoia is a survival trait, and there are times when we ain't paranoid enough here on the good ship Lollipop.

Terry, 230RN

"Just because you ARE paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you !  >:D >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2022, 06:09:29 PM »
How many food processing facilities burned in the same time period last year? Or the year before?
Not saying  it's a major conspiracy but I don't much believe in coincidence.
All I'm saying is such bears a little extra attention.

I don't have a number but food plants typically have industrial sized gas fired cooking machines and don't exactly hire the cream of crop of workforce, so I would say they have a higher risk of fires.

According to the USDA there is 36,xxx food and beverage plants in the US.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 06:48:20 PM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2022, 06:24:24 PM »

Yeah -- the builder probably called it "value engineering." There's an entire specialty of "value engineers" who make it their profession to tell clients that the engineers and architects made everything more expensive than it has to be. Building inspectors are supposed to catch that, but ... A lot of "value engineers" and "construction managers" are former general contractors who went belly-up because they didn't know how to build or how to properly price a job.

I once looked at an ocean-front multi-story condominium while it was under construction. The drawings called for a steel frame, and the building was at the maximum number of stories for a non-combustible building. When we got to the site, we found that it was being built using wood studs, which made it one or two stories taller than allowed by code. When my client called the building official, the answer was, "Oh, we give our field inspectors a lot of latitude to decide what's okay."

Yeah, right. Never mind that pesky code book (which, BTW, is by law the minimum standard for a safe building).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2022, 08:14:08 PM »
The way I see it, I think it's something of a miracle that more of these food processing places don't go up in flames.

Think about it...

LOTS of flammable products. LOTS of cooking going on -- some of these places have enormous banks of ovens, retorts, etc.

More than a few of them deal with large quantities of flour and other organic dust producing ingredients... Ever see the results of a flour dust explosion? They can be quite... energetic.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.