Author Topic: Are you homophobic or Islamophobic?  (Read 1721 times)

JTHunter

• friends
Re: Are you homophobic or Islamophobic?
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2022, 12:29:10 AM »
"Phobic"?  No as "phobic" means "fear".
I believe "disgust" would be the more correct attitude.
  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2022, 12:55:29 AM »
For clarity. I wasn't talking about a species as a whole, I was talking about a genetically homosexual component. If it is a true genetic homosexual (whatever the species) it should become a smaller and smaller percentage of the species population over tens of thousands of years since it's not reproducing itself. But I'm not a geneticist. It just seems the intuitive answer to me.

Not if it is merely a common disfunction of the otherwise normal genetic operation.  As an example, Ehler-Danlos Syndrome will never die out because it is not its own genetic miscoding, but merely a mutation that occurs sporadically during recombination of otherwise normal genetic material (1 in 5,000).  In this case the genetically predisposed fraction of homosexuality would be akin to this mutation, merely a spurious possibility of an extremely complex information encoding system that otherwise works right 98 times out of 100.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2022, 10:30:18 AM »
I will say that regardless of how sexual desires originate, God expects people to control their sexual desires and avoid homosexual sodomy, fornication, adultery, incest, bestiality and other sexual sins.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2022, 10:47:28 AM »
I will say that regardless of how sexual desires originate, God expects people to control their sexual desires and avoid homosexual sodomy, fornication, adultery, incest, bestiality and other sexual sins.
I would say that regardless what God expects, the problems that homosexual people face are serious.  They are at vastly higher risk of depression, suicide, drug abuse, sexually transmitted infection, and more.  It is far worse for transgender people.

Since at least high school I've had friends, coworkers, and family that are LGBTAWER@#%O@N#% and it is precisely because I love them and appreciate them I can't imagine pretending to celebrate the burden they bear.