Author Topic: Another big SC decision could be forthcoming, West Virginia vs. the EPA  (Read 1993 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Now what effect is this going to have on agencies like the ATF etc and existing rules and regs?

Unfortunately that will take another several years worth of litigation to resolve.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Good God, the Supreme Court is going nuts!

If we don't die from an illegal abortion we'll either die from their massive increase in gun violence or choke to death on their coal fume pollution...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Now what effect is this going to have on agencies like the ATF etc and existing rules and regs?

Lays the groundwork for legal challenges to a whole host of Alphabet Agency fiat. I bet Monday sees a bunch of cases filed.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
At a NATO summit lets knock on the SC

Biden: "[T]he one thing that has been destabilizing [the world] is the outrageous behavior of the Supreme Court of the United States in overruling not only Roe v. Wade, but essentially challenging the right to privacy."
https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1542496745371975680

Biden Attacks the Supreme Court While on Foreign Soil
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2022/06/30/biden-slams-outrageous-supreme-court-on-foreign-soil-n2609570
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Lays the groundwork for legal challenges to a whole host of Alphabet Agency fiat. I bet Monday sees a bunch of cases filed.

Brad

I'd take that bet  :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
What a great decision.  Here is the actual decision:  https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-1530_n758.pdf

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Biden: "[T]he one thing that has been destabilizing [the world] is the outrageous behavior of the Supreme Court of the United States in overruling not only Roe v. Wade, but essentially challenging the right to privacy."

The guy demanding a national gun registry is concerned with the right to privacy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
BOOOM!!!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/supreme-court-deals-biden-climate-agenda-serious-blow-epa-decision

[Forrest Gump voice] "And just like that, our regulatin' days was over." [/Forrest Gump voice]

Brad

Well, color me greatly surprised and greatly pleased!  This may be the beginning of the end for some jackbooted regulating.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Well, color me greatly surprised and greatly pleased!  This may be the beginning of the end for some jackbooted regulating.

Nope, I predict that within 6 weeks Brandon appoints, and has confirmed, 22 slavering left-wing dogs/justices who will "correct" all of the errors made by Trump's illegitimate Supreme Court.

Within a year, abortions won't just be available, they'll be mandatory.

Guns will be banned completely.

It will be illegal to burn, or split, anything to create energy of any type.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 01:10:56 PM by K Frame »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Darn, you're probably right.  I'll curb my enthusiasm.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
What a great decision.  Here is the actual decision:  https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/21pdf/20-1530_n758.pdf

I'm astounded at the depth of it.  It really seems to cut "regulation" vs "legislation" to the quick.  I expect to see this case cited for decades to come.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

grampster

• friend
It's funny how the worm turns with SCOTUS.  Sometimes they lean Left, sometimes it's a toss up and sometimes they lean Right. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Just think what that might do for alcohol, tobacco, and explosives regulation as well.

Nope, I predict that within 6 weeks Brandon appoints, and has confirmed, 22 slavering left-wing dogs/justices who will "correct" all of the errors made by Trump's illegitimate Supreme Court.

Within a year, abortions won't just be available, they'll be mandatory.

Guns will be banned completely.

It will be illegal to burn, or split, anything to create energy of any type.

Quoted for wry wisdom.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Instead of bitching about the Justices, every person in the U.S. should mail each of them a dictionary.
  >:D [popcorn] :rofl: :old:

Terry, 230RN

MechAg94

• friend
Just think what that might do for alcohol, tobacco, and explosives regulation as well.

Quoted for wry wisdom.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  Instead of bitching about the Justices, every person in the U.S. should mail each of them a dictionary.

Terry, 230RN
Do you mean one of the new Woke dictionaries that are updated with the latest politically correct definitions?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

Quoted for wry wisdom.

Terry, 230RN

Then the UPS will seize and destroy them all.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife