Author Topic: tenterhooks/NYSRPA scotus case  (Read 8198 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: tenterhooks/NYSRPA scotus case
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2022, 11:47:22 AM »
The Federal Gun Free Schools Act- unconstitutional as it is- still exempts people with state carry permits, even to carry in a school.

True, but it also provides that states can define their own gun free school zones. That would (and does) allow states to prohibit carry or possession in schools. Some states allow carry while in your vehicle when dropping off or picking up your kids, other states absolutely prohibit possession on school grounds.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2022, 03:29:48 PM »
I'm sure it was just an accident  ;/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2022, 08:41:18 PM »
Now they're calling it a "data breach"

CRPA: California "data breach" exposes personal details of concealed carry holders
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/28/crpa-california-data-breach-exposes-personal-details-of-concealed-carry-holders-n59835

"He who controls the language ... "

It's all in the spin.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2022, 08:03:28 AM »
I just read a reddit thread where it was claimed that the CA AG also made Firearms Safety Certificate (you need one to buy a handgun (or maybe any gun these days)) data available. While it doesn't include addresses, it contains date of birth and drivers license number, which is enough to steal identities.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2022, 08:34:10 AM »
Pardon any misunderstandings on my part, but aren't all guns, or at least hanguns, registered anyway in California?

That's the impression I get from the entertainment media anyhow, and I thought it reflected actual fact.

So why worry about concealed carry licensees being publcised?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 08:52:49 AM by 230RN »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2022, 08:35:38 AM »
Pardon any misunderstandings on my part, but aren't all guns, or at least hanguns, registered anyway in California?

That's the impression I get from the entertainment media anyhow, and I thought it reflected actual fact.

So why worry about concealed carry licensees being publcised?

That only means the government knows who they are. It's not supposed to mean that every criminal in the state gets to know.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2022, 08:39:18 AM »
I just read a reddit thread where it was claimed that the CA AG also made Firearms Safety Certificate (you need one to buy a handgun (or maybe any gun these days)) data available. While it doesn't include addresses, it contains date of birth and drivers license number, which is enough to steal identities.

I wonder how far back those records go?  Is there any chance your information could be compromised, Ben?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2022, 08:59:59 AM »
I wonder how far back those records go?  Is there any chance your information could be compromised, Ben?

For sure. I didn't find the link to the site until after they were caught and pulled it, so couldn't see for myself, but I'm certainly in there, albeit with old addresses. I think I only bought one pistol after the safety certificates became a requirement, but bought guns after registration became a requirement.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2022, 10:21:20 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2022, 08:23:37 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2022, 08:57:35 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/30/opinion/supreme-court-guns-new-york.html

An opinion piece on how a liberal wants a gun.

With friends like this, who needs enemies?

I support background checks, waiting periods, assault weapon bans and gun control proposals that make it harder for people to obtain guns. We should strive for a world in which the only people with guns would be responsible citizens trained in firearm safety who purchased their guns legally, store them safely and use them only for hunting or sport shooting, or as a last resort for personal protection. Gun owners in New York should be required to take continuing education courses in order to renew their licenses. When gun owners are improperly trained and guns are not properly stored, there is a tremendous risk of injury to themselves and others.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2022, 09:03:19 AM »
With friends like this, who needs enemies?

I support background checks, waiting periods, assault weapon bans and gun control proposals that make it harder for people to obtain guns. We should strive for a world in which the only people with guns would be responsible citizens trained in firearm safety who purchased their guns legally, store them safely and use them only for hunting or sport shooting, or as a last resort for personal protection. Gun owners in New York should be required to take continuing education courses in order to renew their licenses. When gun owners are improperly trained and guns are not properly stored, there is a tremendous risk of injury to themselves and others.

So with licenses, training, and safe storage laws we can solve our gang banger problem

Idiots
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2022, 09:05:56 AM »

So how would the above stop stuff like this in the writer's home city?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-nyc-shooting-woman-pushing-baby-stroller-upper-east-side-at-large

Note that the mayor blames the gun, not the shooter.

I also suggest continuing education for drivers. I think a mandatory in-person course once a year would be good. I mean, it's only eight hours a year to save a child's life.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2022, 09:06:49 AM »
So how would the above stop stuff like this in the writer's home city?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/suspect-nyc-shooting-woman-pushing-baby-stroller-upper-east-side-at-large

Note that the mayor blames the gun, not the shooter.

The shooter probably voted for him so it can't be his fault.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2022, 10:59:15 AM »
Got to hand it to them they're creative when to comes to trying to figure out ways around that pesty Constitution and it's evil step child the Bill of Rights.
Don't think is going to hold up in court but it is creative.

Businesses that want guns around would have to put up a sign reading, “Concealed weapons welcome here,” or words to that effect, Hochul said. “Otherwise the presumption will be in the state of New York that they are not.”

And you'll have to spend 15hr at the range
We can only do one hour at a time and the next open hour is in 2027. And it appears the trainer has called in sick that day.

The state is setting new requirements for getting a handgun permit, Hochul said, including mandating 15 hours of in-person fire range training. The legislature will also enact new rules around firearm storage in homes and vehicles, she said.

New York Dems set to defy SCOTUS with new concealed carry laws
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/30/new-york-dems-set-to-defy-scotus-with-new-concealed-carry-laws-n59925
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »
And that CA AG database Dox/Leak/Hack/Accident keeps getting worse and worse

The data leak from California Attorney General Rob Bonta’s office, originally reported to have been limited to the private and personal details of concealed carry permitees in the state, was far more extensive than his office first admitted.

Yesterday afternoon Bonta’s office acknowledged that in addition to the concealed carry records, which included the full names, home addresses, and drivers license numbers of all those who had applied for a concealed carry permit (not just those who were approved), other databases run by the AG’s office were also open and available to download for an unspecified amount of time this week.

On Wednesday, it was revealed that the exposures also extended to the Assault Weapon Registry, Handguns Certified for Sale, Dealer Record of Sale, Firearm Certificate Safety, and Gun Violence Restraining Order dashboards.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2022/06/30/california-ag-offices-leak-of-gun-owner-info-even-worse-than-originally-admitted-n59917
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2022, 04:57:49 PM »
Those assault weapons are so dangerous, we should make sure that criminals have no problem finding out who has them, and where those people live.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2022, 05:45:14 PM »
Be good to put a 100ft wall up around Kali and NYC.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2022, 05:59:58 PM »
Be good to put a 100ft wall up around Kali and NYC.

And NJ

New NJ gun control bills head to Murphy for signing
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/06/30/new-nj-gun-control-bills-head-to-murphy-for-signing-n59918
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2022, 11:33:13 PM »
The untold truth about the gun menace.

https://youtu.be/YmyyEbvDgr8

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2022, 08:21:35 AM »
You don't need data and facts when you have the power of feelings

Anne: Do you have numbers to show that it’s the concealed carry permit holders that are committing crimes?

Hochul: I don’t need to have numbers. I don’t need to have a data point to say this. I know that I have a responsibility for this state to have sensible gun safety laws. pic.twitter.com/NiCp7POO88
    — Anne McCloy (@AnneMcCloyNews) June 29, 2022

Hochul Rejects Needing Data to Support Passing Strict Gun Control Measures
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/07/01/hochul--i-dont-need-numbers-n2609635
- Calvin and Hobbes