Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 33086 times)

sumpnz

• friend
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #625 on: July 12, 2022, 04:31:12 PM »
The letter from HHS provides some examples, such as ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, or pre-eclampsia.  I have not yet talked to my ED or OBG staff, but I doubt if we see many such cases coming in through the ED, and miscarriage would be the most common.

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/emergency-medical-care-letter-to-health-care-providers.pdf

Even the most extreme pro-lifers that I’ve ever heard don’t call treating an ectopic pregnancy an abortion.  Even though fetal death is a certain outcome.  Because the primary purpose is to save the woman (and her future fertility), not to kill the baby.  There have been an infinitesimal number of pregnancies outside the uterus that have resulted in live birth, but I’m unaware of any that occur in the Fallopian tube surviving to even anything close to viability.  Ectopic is technically any pregnancy not in the uterus, in the tube is just the most common variant.  An embryo can implant in the abdomen outside the tubes, and once in a blue moon those babies survive to be born, but it’s super high risk.

Pre-eclampsia is typically not a feature in pregnancy before 20 weeks and is often treatable for quite a while.  It would a pretty rare case of pre-eclampsia that became life threatening in spite of typical treatment before the baby is viable.  It’s not terribly uncommon to need to end the pregnancy before full term but this does not necessitate killing the baby.  Premature birth, sure.  But killing the baby is basically never an absolute necessity to treating pre-eclampsia.  I’m sure there’s a case somewhere that has occurred that killing the baby was actually necessary, but that’s an extreme outlier.

A miscarriage may very well require a D&C.  But that is also not an abortion (never mind the medical terminology of a miscarriage being a “spontaneous abortion”).  It might involve removing the remains of the fetus, but said fetus is already dead from natural causes in that case. 

I have yet to hear of a case where killing the baby as the primary goal is medically necessary, with no feasible alternative treatment.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #626 on: July 12, 2022, 04:52:47 PM »
I really hope some doctors don't try to use that stuff as an excuse to perform abortions.  It is just going to create a mess and probably trigger legislatures to add layers of reporting/bureaucracy to stop it.  It will still probably happen. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #627 on: July 12, 2022, 07:22:12 PM »
Pro-Abortion Group Threatens Southern States with ‘Floating Abortion Clinic’ in Gulf of Mexico
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/07/10/pro-abortion-group-threatens-southern-states-with-floating-abortion-clinic-in-gulf-of-mexico/
They are going to keep trying.  The "crazy Christians" some people seem to be worried about have nothing on these leftists. 

That would be a long way from any hospital, if things go wrong.

I guess it's OK if Californians and New Yorkers keep their ARs and non-approved handguns on barges at sea?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #628 on: July 12, 2022, 07:30:06 PM »
    "Unborn child" is another one of these Orwellian terms designed to short-circuit our ability to think and speak about human existence and life with necessary complexity; the point is to use language as a vehicle for replacing reality with right-wing orthodoxy.

— Jill Filipovic (@JillFilipovic) July 12, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/12/jill-filipovic-says-unborn-child-is-an-orwellian-term-to-short-circuit-our-ability-to-think-about-human-existence/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #630 on: July 12, 2022, 07:49:08 PM »
I recall APS members complaining it was misleading to call abortion victims children or babies.

I doubt they were using the same "reasoning"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #631 on: July 12, 2022, 07:55:37 PM »
I doubt they were using the same "reasoning"

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #632 on: July 12, 2022, 11:32:06 PM »
That would be a long way from any hospital, if things go wrong.

I guess it's OK if Californians and New Yorkers keep their ARs and non-approved handguns on barges at sea?
My prediction would be if it happened, the conditions aboard the ship would be pretty bad.  I predict it would be done cheaply with too low of a budget and become a mess. 

Does anyone know if there are international law type regulations on anything that might be considered a hospital ship performing medical procedures? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #633 on: July 13, 2022, 06:43:41 AM »
Little known fact:

Even in international waters a ship and it's crew are bound by the laws of the flag they are sailing under. Countries that dislike what a ship is doing under their flag can and do revoke the registration of the ship. (See: Sea Shepherds)

I assume these idiots will start by taking their Bayliner 13 miles out, then be arrested for breaking any number of US laws regarding medical treatment.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #634 on: July 13, 2022, 09:31:12 AM »
Little known fact:

Even in international waters a ship and it's crew are bound by the laws of the flag they are sailing under. Countries that dislike what a ship is doing under their flag can and do revoke the registration of the ship. (See: Sea Shepherds)

I assume these idiots will start by taking their Bayliner 13 miles out, then be arrested for breaking any number of US laws regarding medical treatment.

Search for "Flags of Convenience."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #635 on: July 13, 2022, 01:36:31 PM »
There is already an abortion ship that travels around killing children off the coasts of countries that ban abortion, such as in much of South America.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #636 on: July 13, 2022, 01:37:48 PM »
Search for "Flags of Convenience."

I am very familiar with the subject, I was just pointing out that it's more complicated than the wokies probably think.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #637 on: July 13, 2022, 05:19:57 PM »
They arrested a guy for raping that 10 year old girl.

Gershon Fuentes, a ‘believed to be undocumented’ immigrant, arrested for the rape of a 10-year-old Ohio girl who traveled to Indiana for an abortion
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/13/gershon-fuentes-a-believed-to-be-undocumented-immigrant-arrested-for-the-rape-of-a-10-year-old-ohio-girl-who-traveled-to-indiana-for-an-abortion/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #638 on: July 13, 2022, 05:49:23 PM »
"Abortion is self-love."

Seems like a really bad take as something you put in the "pro" column.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/13/abortion-storyteller-tells-congress-that-her-abortion-was-an-act-of-self-love/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #639 on: July 13, 2022, 06:49:12 PM »
They arrested a guy for raping that 10 year old girl.

Gershon Fuentes, a ‘believed to be undocumented’ immigrant, arrested for the rape of a 10-year-old Ohio girl who traveled to Indiana for an abortion
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/13/gershon-fuentes-a-believed-to-be-undocumented-immigrant-arrested-for-the-rape-of-a-10-year-old-ohio-girl-who-traveled-to-indiana-for-an-abortion/

I just read an article about this in the Columbus newspaper, and it was not specified how he had access to the girl, who would have been nine years old at the time of the rape.  Was he a stranger, friend of the family, boyfriend to the mother or what, I wonder.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #640 on: July 13, 2022, 06:52:06 PM »
I'll add to that and ask if it was a medical referral that sent her to another state?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #641 on: July 13, 2022, 07:53:39 PM »
We'll see if this pans out. I'm not ready to believe the girl exists.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #642 on: July 14, 2022, 10:34:38 AM »
AOC is not done.
She is so determined to make it all about her.

KARMA?! AOC tweeting dramatically about being harassed on the Capitol steps after MOCKING Kavanaugh for being harassed BACKFIRES
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/07/14/karma-aoc-tweeting-dramatically-about-being-harassed-on-the-capitol-steps-after-mocking-kavanaugh-for-being-harassed-backfires/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 11:18:33 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #643 on: July 14, 2022, 11:53:55 AM »
those conservatives won't stop trying to date her

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #645 on: July 14, 2022, 05:08:21 PM »
She's digging herself into quite a deep hypocrisy hole.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/14/aoc-calls-out-core-security-breakdowns-at-the-capitol-which-is-not-a-place-that-is-designed-to-protect-women/
'

I will never understand the pearl clutching over these protests. Republicans send people to protest me all the time, sometimes drunk and belligerent.

Nobody cares about it unless it’s a Republican in a restaurant. Can someone please explain the obsession because I don’t get it

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) July 8, 2022

Has anyone seen any proof of this happening?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #646 on: July 14, 2022, 05:09:08 PM »
She's digging herself into quite a deep hypocrisy hole.

Not sure how that matters. She can do whatever she wants at this point. Even if she loses her seat, she's set for life. She's queen of the breakfast tacos. 

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/14/aoc-calls-out-core-security-breakdowns-at-the-capitol-which-is-not-a-place-that-is-designed-to-protect-women/

Yeah, cuz all that security only benefits the men, somehow. Only wise Latinxses understand how, until she explains it to us.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #647 on: July 14, 2022, 05:13:26 PM »
'

Has anyone seen any proof of this happening?

I don't doubt she spends a lot of time at bars and restaurants. Probably really enjoys herself. So, yeah, she probably encounters people who've been drinking, and decide to give her a piece of their minds.

What I find amusing is that she's accusing "them" of "sending" these people after her.  =D  Sure, doll.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #648 on: July 14, 2022, 05:18:21 PM »
Ocasio-Cortez told reporters her office had to call Capitol Police five times “to get them to ask for this person’s information.”

“They and many of these people were sassing our office back, asking us why we want this information,” she said. “This is not about us having this information. This is about mitigating a threat. And, you know, we have to keep ourselves safe here because certain people will be safe, but not all of us are safe.”

Them cops are sassing her!

Also:

Yeah, sorry, if you want to be a public figure, be prepared for the public to take a picture if they see you in public. But somehow this is worse than showing up to someone's private property and home to assassinate them.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #649 on: July 14, 2022, 08:54:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/c/AlexStein99/videos

Here is the youtube channel for Alex Stein who was "harassing" AOC.  He is a pretty funny guy.  A number of his older videos are him dressing up and trolling city council meetings. 

This is the AOC video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R67tpqSjeE

He had some "Arts and Crafts" Antifa types protesting one of his comedy shows and he comes out and does a video with them. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNncw0yHwPI

He was less polite with Adam Kinzinger. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_NmMq1ojjA