Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 33587 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #700 on: August 27, 2022, 11:17:56 AM »
Colorado baseball team cancels family night at a game after thousands of tickets sold over the sponsors of the event being Pro-Life

Not clear on whether it was solely because the sponsors were pro-life or that the sponsors had planned some sort of pro-life event.

Baseball team shuts out pro-life organizations, cancels family night hours before first pitch
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/baseball-team-shuts-out-pro-life-organizations-cancels-family-night-hours-before-first-pitch

Professional sports are an appendage of GAE. I refuse to support them or even pay attention to them in passing. Everything is political to GAE and everything must serve the purposes of the state.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #701 on: August 27, 2022, 11:59:22 AM »
I tend to also not care or support professional sports. Less for Ron's reasons nd more because it really seems like pro sports players are likely to be criminals and abuse women, so no thanks.

That said, to make an informed decision on this particular subject, I'd need to know what "assets" Save the Storks and Pikes Place Citizens for Life were planning on displaying at family night.

Realistically neither side of the abortion debate really needs to horn into family night at a semi pro baseball game.  The Vibes probably should never have accepted the money from the pro-life .orgs.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #702 on: August 27, 2022, 12:13:36 PM »
Granulomatous Amebic Encephalomyelitis?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #703 on: August 27, 2022, 02:31:14 PM »
Granulomatous Amebic Encephalomyelitis?
I am guessing Global ________  Elite? 

Must be a secret acronym from the anti-govt forum on 4chan that hasn't filtered out.  Some acronyms are nice, but I generally think they hurt communication. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #704 on: August 27, 2022, 02:39:58 PM »
I tend to also not care or support professional sports. Less for Ron's reasons nd more because it really seems like pro sports players are likely to be criminals and abuse women, so no thanks.

That said, to make an informed decision on this particular subject, I'd need to know what "assets" Save the Storks and Pikes Place Citizens for Life were planning on displaying at family night.

Realistically neither side of the abortion debate really needs to horn into family night at a semi pro baseball game.  The Vibes probably should never have accepted the money from the pro-life .orgs.
The article doesn't explain what they mean by "assets" and why they couldn't just not allow whatever it is in the park. 

From before the cancellation I assume.  Doesn't sound like anything terrible.  However, that doesn't sound like anything that could be planned without the ballpark management being fully involved.  Sounds like someone with authority stepped in at the last minute. 
https://www.ppcitizensforlife.org/life-at-the-ballpark/
August 24, 2022
By Matt Niedzielski

In case you missed it in our August newsletter, Pikes Peak Citizens for Life and Save the Storks will be sponsoring the Vibes ballgame on Friday August 26.

There will be a special presentation by Matt Hammitt and his 11-year old son Bowen in a concert after the game along with fireworks and pro-life giveaways.

You can learn more about the game in the August newsletter (pages 1 and 4) and access a link for buying tickets (page 4). Of course you can also get tickets at the stadium on the day of the game.

We’ll see you at the ballpark!
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #705 on: August 27, 2022, 02:48:58 PM »
Family Night with Christian singer Matt Hammitt over pro-life partners
https://www.christianpost.com/news/colorado-baseball-team-cancels-pro-life-event-with-matt-hammitt.html

The Rocky Mountain Vibes, an independent baseball team in Colorado, canceled its Family Night event where award-winning Christian singer Matt Hammitt was scheduled to sing along with his son, Bowen, due to objections to two pro-life organizations partnering on the event.

In an emailed response to The Christian Post, the group Save the Storks, which identifies as pro-family and pro-women, said they were informed that the Rocky Mountain Vibes had "received concerns from their biggest sponsor and threats from several sponsors that they’d pull their contracts if they went through with the event."

The team added, “Any statement placing blame on any outside party for cancellation of tonight’s events is inaccurate. The Vibes made this decision internally and stand by their choice.”
I find it hard to  believe they weren't aware of the group for the several months this was on the schedule and weren't fully aware of what they were planning.  Doesn't  sound like a good PR move for a local low-level baseball stadium.  The cancellation seems to be getting more notice than just letting it go ahead. 

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #706 on: August 27, 2022, 02:51:38 PM »
The VIBES? What a ghey, candy ass name
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #707 on: August 29, 2022, 01:39:53 PM »
Cali will not pay for your abortion but pay your travel fees from pro-life states.

California Preparing to Fund Travel for Abortions
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/madelineleesman/2022/08/29/california-preparing-to-fund-out-of-state-abortions-n2612362
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #708 on: August 29, 2022, 08:45:48 PM »
Professional sports are an appendage of GAE. I refuse to support them or even pay attention to them in passing. Everything is political to GAE and everything must serve the purposes of the state.

GAE?? google offers nothing, whats it mean??
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #709 on: August 29, 2022, 08:49:09 PM »
GAE?? google offers nothing, whats it mean??
Global American Empire, pronounced gay
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #710 on: August 29, 2022, 08:53:28 PM »
Global American Empire, pronounced gay

I wouldn't call it an American empire.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #711 on: August 29, 2022, 08:59:42 PM »
I wouldn't call it an American empire.
I can understand your position. The word has been converged though. The American nation is dead or at very best in hospice.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #712 on: August 29, 2022, 09:12:05 PM »
I could just call it the Empire of Villainous Lies, EVL for short.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #713 on: September 11, 2022, 09:19:47 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #714 on: September 28, 2022, 08:22:21 AM »
I guess my state is back in the national news, with, of course, biased reporting by the MSM (as seen by the linked AP story). Basically, the general counsel for University of Idaho said that university instructors and staff can't talk about abortion one way or another, nor can they refer students to abortion providers or provide them birth control in order to meet state law guidelines.

These aren't 14 year old kids. These are all adult students attending a university. One would think that their brains are developed enough to pursue things on their own. The university won't provide birth control, but the drug store next door will. So will their private health care provider.

The White House press secretary is running with this, stating that it is the beginning of "national bans on birth control" when of course, it's just the state not talking about abortion and birth control one way or another.

https://www.kivitv.com/news/idaho-universities-disallow-abortion-contraception-referral
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #715 on: September 28, 2022, 08:52:38 AM »
When I was in school (some time ago) a lot of students relied on the school clinic for their healthcare needs.  There was some version of Health Insurance that was run by the school.  If that kind of thing is no longer prescribing birth control those students could be up a creek, as they may not have private insurance.

If your goal is to limit abortions, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just put a birth control and condom vending machine in every dorm.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #716 on: September 28, 2022, 09:02:27 AM »

The White House press secretary is running with this, stating that it is the beginning of "national bans on birth control" when of course, it's just the state not talking about abortion and birth control one way or another.

Various left articles screaming that and that women will also loose the right to vote, be forced to adhere to a dress code (the Handmaid's Tale BS), be forced to stay home.. etc... if the dems lose in Nov.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #717 on: September 28, 2022, 09:09:20 AM »
If your goal is to limit abortions, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just put a birth control and condom vending machine in every dorm.
That sounds like a great business opportunity, but ...
If that kind of thing is no longer prescribing birth control those students could be up a creek, as they may not have private insurance.
Up a creek?  Really?  As in the only viable options a college student has to avoid pregnancy and STDs are prescribed and insurance-covered hormonal birth control?   :O

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #718 on: September 28, 2022, 09:29:26 AM »
Up a creek?  Really?  As in the only viable options a college student has to avoid pregnancy and STDs are prescribed and insurance-covered hormonal birth control?   :O

I mean, I guess there are a lot of things my tax dollars go to that I hate, and in the greater scheme of things, if gov funded birth control vending machines helps stop convenience abortions, I'm not really opposed.

However from some quick googling, the average cost for uninsured female birth control is $250/yr. Condoms cost $.050/ea. It seems like college kids who can spend $1000/mo on drugs, liquor, and Netflix, could set aside some money for birth control.

For all the twentysomethings that scream about breeders and that no one should be having kids, the googling indicated that female surgical sterilization is a surprisingly (to me) affordable $250. Vasectomies seem to run around $1000 average.

https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/birth-control/annual-cost-of-birth-control
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #719 on: September 28, 2022, 09:44:33 AM »
You don’t need insurance to get birth control you can do it on an app, or by telephone for dirt cheap (it’s how my wife gets hers). Like $15/month.

So all the “oh well they won’t be able to get birth control” well that’s a load of steaming *expletive deleted*it.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #720 on: September 28, 2022, 09:45:42 AM »

the googling indicated that female surgical sterilization is a surprisingly (to me) affordable $250. Vasectomies seem to run around $1000 average.

https://www.goodrx.com/conditions/birth-control/annual-cost-of-birth-control

Your source is bullshit.  No way a tubal is 1/4 the cost of a vasectomy.  My wife had that done 9 years ago.  It involved a hospital operating room, and general anesthesia.  They did it laparoscopically, so there’s the use of that equipment too. 

Since her tubal failed I’m probably going to get a vasectomy.  Those are done in a doctors office under local anesthesia, and doesn’t require equipment like a laparoscope.

I’d believe a vasectomy is $1000.  But a tubal would be more like $25,000 (even if done in conjunction with a cesarean section they’d be more like $2500).

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #721 on: September 28, 2022, 09:48:31 AM »
I mean, I guess there are a lot of things my tax dollars go to that I hate, and in the greater scheme of things, if gov funded birth control vending machines helps stop convenience abortions, I'm not really opposed.
Same here, I am simply not at all convinced by the implication that the only reasonable way an adult can be expected to prevent pregnancy is to be handed birth control on a silver platter.

I'd note that regardless of the use of hormonal birth control, someone sleeping around at college should probably be using condoms.  Or maybe uninsured STD treatment is cheap enough these days that they don't even need to bother.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #722 on: September 28, 2022, 09:52:16 AM »
Your source is bullshit.  No way a tubal is 1/4 the cost of a vasectomy.  My wife had that done 9 years ago.  It involved a hospital operating room, and general anesthesia.  They did it laparoscopically, so there’s the use of that equipment too. 

Since her tubal failed I’m probably going to get a vasectomy.  Those are done in a doctors office under local anesthesia, and doesn’t require equipment like a laparoscope.

I’d believe a vasectomy is $1000.  But a tubal would be more like $25,000 (even if done in conjunction with a cesarean section they’d be more like $2500).

And it can be hard to find a doc that will do the surgical sterilization procedure on a woman who hasn’t had kids yet.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #723 on: September 28, 2022, 09:53:35 AM »
Same here, I am simply not at all convinced by the implication that the only reasonable way an adult can be expected to prevent pregnancy is to be handed birth control on a silver platter.

I'd note that regardless of the use of hormonal birth control, someone sleeping around at college should probably be using condoms.  Or maybe uninsured STD treatment is cheap enough these days that they don't even need to bother.

Many of them are so *expletive deleted*ing stupid they don’t care. Why do you think every other commercial on TV is for an HIV treatment or a Herpes treatment nowadays.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #724 on: September 28, 2022, 10:00:20 AM »
And it can be hard to find a doc that will do the surgical sterilization procedure on a woman who hasn’t had kids yet.

Somethings don't change. 37 years ago when I was in the Navy, you had to be 25 years old AND have had 2 kids to get a vasectomy. When out 2nd spawn arrived my wife had to really argue with her Dr. to get a tubal ligation because she was so young.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams