Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 33012 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2022, 07:07:11 PM »
Suddenly horse medicine is okay

Motherboard suggests women wanting to induce abortions could take horse medicine
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/03/motherboard-suggests-women-wanting-to-induce-abortions-could-take-horse-medicine/

But ivermectin is still a no-no.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2022, 07:09:52 PM »
Is this appropriate for this thread?

Maybe this one.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2022, 07:11:34 PM »
Suddenly horse medicine is okay

Motherboard suggests women wanting to induce abortions could take horse medicine
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/03/motherboard-suggests-women-wanting-to-induce-abortions-could-take-horse-medicine/

Another great twitchy clickbait headline, but misoprostol has been around for decades in human medicine. It has a lot of gyn uses and was common to treat ulcers caused by NSAIDS.  In recent years, it is probably best known as one of the medications used for a medical, as opposed to surgical, abortion.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2022, 07:24:05 PM »
Another great twitchy clickbait headline, but misoprostol has been around for decades in human medicine.

What's the point? Ivermectin has been used in human medicine for decades as well. The MSM still calls it horse dewormer.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2022, 07:33:00 PM »
Have any of the legal talking heads weighed in yet on a review of the draft opinion and any holdings within that may apply to Second Amendment cases?  Bearing in mind that the draft and the final may be two different things.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2022, 09:16:06 PM »
Have any of the legal talking heads weighed in yet on a review of the draft opinion and any holdings within that may apply to Second Amendment cases?  Bearing in mind that the draft and the final may be two different things.

Sorry. Busy day at work, and I just can't motivate myself to read this. At the courthouse, the lib crowd are talking passing laws, women's rights, etc.  The conservatives are talking passing laws, children's rights, etc.

Then, the crazies on the ends.  Left nuts talking about this being the first shot of the coming civil war (how many times have we heard that???)  Right nuts talking about how this is a great first step on a path to restore Christian laws on the books, like outlawing sodomy,  banning birth control, and outlawing LGTBQIAWXYZ.  No joke, I heard one crazy lib woman talk about going gun shopping this weekend to buy an AR-47 for the upcoming war.  Not 10 minutes later, I hear a crazy far right Catholic guy talking about how science has gotten to the point where a single supermarket cell can be developed into a human, so birth control and masturbation need to be outlawed now.

Gotta live the crazies in a courthiuse
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2022, 09:17:58 PM »
Sorry. Busy day at work, and I just can't motivate myself to read this. At the courthouse, the lib crowd are talking passing laws, women's rights, etc.  The conservatives are talking passing laws, children's rights, etc.

Then, the crazies on the ends.  Left nuts talking about this being the first shot of the coming civil war (how many times have we heard that???)  Right nuts talking about how this is a great first step on a path to restore Christian laws on the books, like outlawing sodomy,  banning birth control, and outlawing LGTBQIAWXYZ.  No joke, I heard one crazy lib woman talk about going gun shopping this weekend to buy an AR-47 for the upcoming war.  Not 10 minutes later, I hear a crazy far right Catholic guy talking about how science has gotten to the point where a single supermarket cell can be developed into a human, so birth control and masturbation need to be outlawed now.

Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2022, 09:24:04 PM »
And here I am......
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2022, 10:05:52 PM »

The trick is getting them to fight to the death and livestream it..  And then gas the victor.  I don't want to live in either of those fuckatard's realities.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2022, 10:18:20 PM »
Kind of makes you wonder do we flush the whole docket this year. Everything is tainted. I know they wouldn't but the liberal wing of the court needs to smash any future case when the inevitable court packing law gets to them. Two other branches can't do their jobs so instead try to lead the court by the nose.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2022, 10:40:21 PM »
Source Of SCOTUS Leak Found To Be Swedish Supreme Court Janitor Hildur Clintonheim
https://babylonbee.com/news/source-of-scotus-leak-found-to-be-swedish-supreme-court-janitor-hildur-clintonheim
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2022, 11:08:09 PM »
How interesting that the Democratic Party, who remind us every day that the Republican Party is out to destroy democracy, are so upset about abortion law being returned to the purview of the people, instead of nine unelected legal scholars. Nine men, by the way.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2022, 11:23:13 PM »
How interesting that the Democratic Party, who remind us every day that the Republican Party is out to destroy democracy, are so upset about abortion law being returned to the purview of the people, instead of nine unelected legal scholars. Nine men, by the way.

Did you just assume their gender?  Can you even define “man”?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2022, 11:28:53 PM »

And for some of the sickos he's referring to:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1521507103466164225

A lot of those clips had a Jonathan Swift "A Modest Proposal" vibe to them.  I wouldn't take them too seriously.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2022, 02:16:36 AM »
Thanks for those links.  I wish it wasn't something that has come up, but unfortunately it has.

I would also note for posterity that the whole Ralph Northam "black face" scandal hit the news 2 or 3 days after that interview hit the news.  The fact that Northam was talking about post-birth abortion hit the national news, then suddenly this other information was released and ALL the national news media switched over to that story almost instantly.  The abortion scandal was buried.  It was almost as if someone wanted that abortion comment out of the news and were willing to throw Northam under the bus and embarrass the new Virginia Dem Majority to do it.

Same with Cuomo killing grand parents in nursing homes, and then boom, sex scandal and that's all they would talk about.

When you're about to be exposed for a big bad, reveal a little bad and use that to distract.  Standard information/psychological warfare tactic. 

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2022, 07:28:10 AM »
I'll be curious how many people quit/boycott Amazon if the SCOTUS leek ends up being the final decision

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-61301911
Me.  Working the issue right now.  Gonna miss my Kindle Unlimited subscription.  I sincerely hope some other retailer can up their online game.  I shoulda done this long ago.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2022, 07:36:15 AM »
Rep. Pramila Jayapal says that the Supreme Court doesn't have the right to overturn Roe vs Wade because it's "settled law."

Good to know that she believes that Plessy vs Ferguson shouldn't have been overturned, either, because it was also "settled law."

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2022, 07:46:18 AM »
And this is cute... Apparently Uncle Joe claims that Roe v Wade is aligned with all major religions...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-brutalized-over-incoherent-vile-claim-roe-line-all-basic-mainstream-religions

Yeah, he's catching a lot of flack for that. Maybe now the *expletive deleted*ing Catholic Church will actually excommunicate him?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2022, 08:21:28 AM »
Kinda hard to find, but Joe has had an interesting evolution on the subject.

https://cnsnews.com/commentary/bill-donohue/year-year-breakdown-joe-bidens-abortion-flip-flop
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2022, 08:21:33 AM »
Maybe now the *expletive deleted*ing Catholic Church will actually excommunicate him?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2022, 09:42:34 AM »
And this is cute... Apparently Uncle Joe claims that Roe v Wade is aligned with all major religions...

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-brutalized-over-incoherent-vile-claim-roe-line-all-basic-mainstream-religions

Yeah, he's catching a lot of flack for that. Maybe now the *expletive deleted*ing Catholic Church will actually excommunicate him?

RCC in America is mainstream America now, which means, thoroughly part of the system.  Outside of an occasional renegade priest or bishop, or ranty conservative publication, nobody will say a word.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2022, 09:49:22 AM »

Then, the crazies on the ends.  Left nuts talking about this being the first shot of the coming civil war (how many times have we heard that???)  Right nuts talking about how this is a great first step on a path to restore Christian laws on the books, like outlawing sodomy,  banning birth control, and outlawing LGTBQIAWXYZ.

And I don't trust the "right-adjacent" theonomic types.  Not one bit.

No joke, I heard one crazy lib woman talk about going gun shopping this weekend to buy an AR-47 for the upcoming war.

Before or after she tries to make it to Canadia over the unguarded back roads?

Not 10 minutes later, I hear a crazy far right Catholic guy talking about how science has gotten to the point where a single supermarket cell can be developed into a human, so birth control and masturbation need to be outlawed now.

People seem to have a wildly overinflated idea of our actual technical capabilities right now.

These are people you work with?

Masturbation?   Good luck with that.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2022, 10:28:50 AM »
Me.  Working the issue right now.  Gonna miss my Kindle Unlimited subscription.  I sincerely hope some other retailer can up their online game.  I shoulda done this long ago.

I also wonder if states like Texas/Oklahoma will tell Amazon (and other companies with similar policies) to leave the state.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536