Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 33053 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2022, 12:59:51 PM »
Everyone obviously wants to see more people that think like them, and less that think like enemies, but as a species we could probably shrink a bit and be quite fine.

Except for the pain of that transition, where the demographics are elderly-heavy.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2022, 01:02:53 PM »
Not neccicarrily.  There could be a novel disease that targets the elderly and leaves the young and healthy alon...... Oh.  Nevermind.   >:D >:D

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2022, 01:05:12 PM »
Everyone obviously wants to see more people that think like them, and less that think like enemies, but as a species we could probably shrink a bit and be quite fine.

Economically that would be terrible, at least short term.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2022, 02:30:46 PM »
At least one branch of the Luthern Church has proclaimed birth control to be a sin.

Now that you mention, I do remember hearing that when I used to listen to the Missouri Synod radio station here in St. Louis. I think the reasoning is that children are gifts from God, and the natural result of the marriage relationship. Therefore, you should not try to prevent the gifts God might choose for you. Couples who used birth control were accused of just wanting to have more money for nice cars, etc. They had the gift of snark.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2022, 02:55:54 PM »

Mr. Thanos to the red courtesy phone
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #180 on: May 05, 2022, 03:23:12 PM »
Sounds like a good reason to do less at the federal level and let the individual states take care of more things.  I hear a country exists that used to use a Constitution that said something like that. 
 =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2022, 04:59:28 PM »
And the whacko far left continues to "help" the left with their message:

"Hookup culture will be absolutely decimated".  ;/

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/05/women-on-tiktok-warn-that-hookup-culture-will-be-absolutely-decimated-if-roe-v-wade-is-overturned/

They still don't seem to understand that this veer into "abortions are birth control and are fun" is what has been turning the tide against them on the whole "abortion is a right" thing. They highlight a message that I think even many pro-abortion people find disgusting.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2022, 05:07:37 PM »
And the whacko far left continues to "help" the left with their message:

"Hookup culture will be absolutely decimated".  ;/

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/05/women-on-tiktok-warn-that-hookup-culture-will-be-absolutely-decimated-if-roe-v-wade-is-overturned/

They still don't seem to understand that this veer into "abortions are birth control and are fun" is what has been turning the tide against them on the whole "abortion is a right" thing. They highlight a message that I think even many pro-abortion people find disgusting.

Those people are the equivalent of the neckbeards in full battle rattle doing open carry with their ARs at Starbucks. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2022, 05:30:24 PM »
Those people are the equivalent of the neckbeards in full battle rattle doing open carry with their ARs at Starbucks.

For every AOC there is a Marge Greene. Universe loves balance.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #184 on: May 05, 2022, 05:45:13 PM »
For every AOC there is a Marge Greene. Universe loves balance.
I saw Tim Pool's show with Greene a couple months ago.  She sounds sane and not stupid.  I guess that is the polar opposite of AOC.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #185 on: May 05, 2022, 05:53:14 PM »

Too true.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #186 on: May 05, 2022, 06:17:58 PM »
Chucky has decided to push forward with the dem bill to codify Roe without working with Collins. They won't get 50 votes now.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #187 on: May 05, 2022, 06:29:42 PM »
Chucky has decided to push forward with the dem bill to codify Roe without working with Collins. They won't get 50 votes now.

Perhaps he wants it to fail so he can beat Republicans and a few Democrats over the head with the "War on Women" schtick.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2022, 06:55:12 PM »
Everyone keeps claiming Republicans are waging a War on Women, but it was in fact Teddy Kennedy, a Democrat, who had the first confirmed kill in the War on Women...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2022, 07:21:13 PM »
Moloch Warns Of Looming Child Sacrifice Supply Chain Issues
https://babylonbee.com/news/moloch-warns-of-looming-child-sacrifice-supply-chain-issues

Babylon Bee has been harsh on this issue.  Maybe no more than normal.   =)

This was on their Instagram. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2022, 07:29:28 PM »
Edit: Nevermind, clickbait.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2022, 07:29:41 PM »
Moloch Warns Of Looming Child Sacrifice Supply Chain Issues
https://babylonbee.com/news/moloch-warns-of-looming-child-sacrifice-supply-chain-issues

Babylon Bee has been harsh on this issue.  Maybe no more than normal.   =)

It's beautiful.  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2022, 07:31:07 PM »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #193 on: May 06, 2022, 09:20:17 AM »
It is true that there will be illegal abortions, probably a lot.  And people will travel for abortions.  However, there should be a reduction in the number of abortions.  That is about the best we can hope for without a radical change in the culture of the USA.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #194 on: May 06, 2022, 09:46:41 AM »
Related crap that pops up on my YT page.

Crime show* clip popped up maybe a month or so ago and still don't know why I clicked on it but apparently a man is shot in the back of the head while in church. The investigators find he was wearing a vest to which the priest explains the man was wearing because of death threats from far right extremists for being an abortion doc. The priest describes what the man was doing as the "lord's work". I was like WUT?

So I guess abortion is doing the "Lord's work" according to Hollyweird

*CIS New York or something
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2022, 10:34:42 AM »
That's okay, it wasn't their actual addresses just the GPS coordinates 

Ruth Sent Us says it didn’t post addresses of justices, just GPS coordinates near their homes, not AT them
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/05/ruth-sent-us-says-it-didnt-post-addresses-of-justices-just-gps-coordinates-near-their-homes-not-at-them/

Crickets in the MSM over it.

Jeryl Bier can’t help but be struck by MSM’s conspicuous lack of interest in lefties trying to get SCOTUS Justices killed
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/05/06/jeryl-bier-cant-help-but-be-struck-by-msms-conspicuous-lack-of-interest-in-lefties-trying-to-get-scotus-justices-killed/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2022, 10:38:02 AM »

They're claiming that they manually input coordinates that were not the homes of the justices, but just nearby, which I'm sure the neighbors appreciated.

I'm getting really pissed about this protesting in front of people's homes instead of their workplace, and there are damn conservatives doing this as well.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2022, 10:38:52 AM »
They, Ruth Sent Us, have a website https://www.ruthsent.us/

Ruth Bader Ginsburg spent her entire life moving the needle towards justice for all. She believed, and we believe that:

Women Deserve Trust

Black Lives Matter

Love Is Love

No Human Is Illegal

Our 6-3 extremist Supreme Court routinely issues rulings that hurt women, racial minorities, LGBTQ+ and immigrant rights. We must rise up to force accountability using a diversity of tactics.

Join our private Facebook group (if you are still on evil Facebook).

We are also on Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter.

And you may notice a map on their front page
ANNOUNCING: Walk-by Wednesday, May 11, 2022!

At the homes of the six extremist justices, three in Virginia and three in Maryland. If you'd like to join or lead a peaceful protest, let us know.

And right below that a link

Commit to rise up with us!
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2022, 12:17:24 PM »

Ruth Sent Us says it didn’t post addresses of justices, just GPS coordinates near their homes, not AT them
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/05/ruth-sent-us-says-it-didnt-post-addresses-of-justices-just-gps-coordinates-near-their-homes-not-at-them/

Crickets in the MSM over it.

Jeryl Bier can’t help but be struck by MSM’s conspicuous lack of interest in lefties trying to get SCOTUS Justices killed
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/05/06/jeryl-bier-cant-help-but-be-struck-by-msms-conspicuous-lack-of-interest-in-lefties-trying-to-get-scotus-justices-killed/

Be a damn shame if a few of them slipped on bars of soap while mostly peacefully protesting at those locations and times they so helpfully posted publicly.