Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 32978 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #475 on: June 27, 2022, 10:31:58 AM »
Oops.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #476 on: June 27, 2022, 10:40:35 AM »
Again, their own "look at me, I'm edgy and pushing boundaries" schtick is what is losing them their allies.
Yes.  Pro-abortionists had a winner with "safe, legal, and rare".  Wrong as I think even rare abortion is, as MillCreek correctly points out, most Americans don't think too much about the issue and are pro-abortion to some fuzzy point largely dependent on their knowledge or ignorance of fetal development.  If the left had stuck with their "safe, legal, and rare" line the anti-abortionists would have had a hard time making political headway.  When the official party line became "abortion at any time for any reason" then they lost a lot of people who had some vague idea that at some point a baby must at some point become a baby, and even if they can't imagine that at twelve weeks, they sure as hell know that it happens before the baby pops out.

I hope the anti-abortion side doesn't likewise end up being a victim of its own success ...

Pb

• friend
« Reply #477 on: June 27, 2022, 10:44:53 AM »
I have posted this video before because it is so interesting in my opinion.

Here's a healthy nine week fetus.  It is already obviously a living, extremely small, baby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q30ao8phNY

Even at seven weeks, the embryo is clearly a living, though odd-looking, baby:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjhFNEV6shY

If I remember correctly, the average abortion takes place at eight weeks.  Human development in the womb is incredibly fast.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #478 on: June 27, 2022, 10:52:07 AM »
Yes.  Pro-abortionists had a winner with "safe, legal, and rare".  Wrong as I think even rare abortion is, as MillCreek correctly points out, most Americans don't think too much about the issue and are pro-abortion to some fuzzy point largely dependent on their knowledge or ignorance of fetal development.  If the left had stuck with their "safe, legal, and rare" line the anti-abortionists would have had a hard time making political headway.  When the official party line became "abortion at any time for any reason" then they lost a lot of people who had some vague idea that at some point a baby must at some point become a baby, and even if they can't imagine that at twelve weeks, they sure as hell know that it happens before the baby pops out.

I hope the anti-abortion side doesn't likewise end up being a victim of its own success ...
It is going to happen in one of the  states.  It will just generate more lawsuits and more rulings of one kind or another.  It is just as likely the pro-abortion states will lets things get out of hand.  Overconfident activists always always try to push further. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #479 on: June 27, 2022, 10:54:00 AM »
as MillCreek correctly points out, most Americans don't think too much about the issue and are pro-abortion to some fuzzy point largely dependent on their knowledge or ignorance of fetal development.

And to that point, a prediction for the midterms: https://thehill.com/homenews/3537982-democrats-more-likely-to-vote-in-midterms-after-abortion-ruling-poll/

I still think the biggest issue for the midterms will be the economy/inflation/gas prices, but we will see.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #480 on: June 27, 2022, 01:11:48 PM »
Ben, that chart is out of date already.  Has anyone updated that in the last week or so?  I know that FL is going "yellow" by that chart on Friday, unless the activists get an injunction today.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #481 on: June 27, 2022, 02:22:57 PM »
Devil's advocate.

In the states where abortion will more than likely have a total ban, what would stop pro-choice women from purposely getting pregnant and abandoning the baby at birth at the hospital under the safe haven laws?

They could effectively overwhelm the system if enough of them did this.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #482 on: June 27, 2022, 02:30:09 PM »
Devil's advocate.

In the states where abortion will more than likely have a total ban, what would stop pro-choice women from purposely getting pregnant and abandoning the baby at birth at the hospital under the safe haven laws?

Many seem to be firmly welded to the idea that the parasitic mass of cells inside of them needs to be killed so that they can continue to have promiscuous sex without any of the responsibilities that is suppose to accompany sex.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 02:45:52 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #483 on: June 27, 2022, 02:36:04 PM »
Many seem to be firmly welded to the idea that the parasitic mass of cells inside of them needs to be killed so that they can continue to have promiscuous sex without any of the responsibilities that is suppose to accompany sex

The unspoken fear of many: that someone, somewhere, is having sex outside of a heterosexual Christian marriage and this must be controlled or consequences imposed.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #484 on: June 27, 2022, 02:37:26 PM »
The unspoken fear of many: that someone, somewhere, is having sex outside of a heterosexual Christian marriage and this must be controlled or consequences imposed.

Wow, just wow
Having sex should mean accepting the responsibilities that may result. Name a culture and/or religion that hasn't tried to enforce this, and for very good reason, to some degree.
Playing "who's your daddy" in the inner city is one of the reasons we at the point where we're at right now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #485 on: June 27, 2022, 02:50:29 PM »
Many seem to be firmly welded to the idea that the parasitic mass of cells inside of them needs to be killed so that they can continue to have promiscuous sex without any of the responsibilities that is suppose to accompany sex.

Yup. You're not gonna see many, if any, of the radical pro-abortion women carrying a baby to term to stick it to the man. They want the kid ripped out of them so they can "get back to their lives", not carry a "burden" for nine months. They'll hop in their car and drive to an abortion state.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #486 on: June 27, 2022, 02:54:49 PM »
Wow, just wow
Having sex should mean accepting the responsibilities that may result. Name a culture and/or religion that hasn't tried to enforce this, and for very good reason, to some degree.
Playing "who's your daddy" in the inner city is one of the reasons we at the point where we're at right now.

And do you think this court decision will fix this?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #488 on: June 27, 2022, 03:06:48 PM »
And do you think this court decision will fix this?

It's not the fix but rather a step back in the culture war we been retreating in every time the left pushes. The real fight in the abortion battle is to push back at the idea that on demand abortion is a perfectly acceptable alternative to taking responsibly for your actions and getting back to the idea of the family being the foundation of society. Or is that too Christian for you?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #489 on: June 27, 2022, 03:13:47 PM »
Yup. You're not gonna see many, if any, of the radical pro-abortion women carrying a baby to term to stick it to the man. They want the kid ripped out of them so they can "get back to their lives", not carry a "burden" for nine months. They'll hop in their car and drive to an abortion state.

And then right afterwards hop into the back of the car and repeat the process over and over again
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #490 on: June 27, 2022, 03:19:47 PM »
And then right afterwards hop into the back of the car and repeat the process over and over again
I doubt that describes most women who get or advocate abortions.

The point of abortion is to provide a quick, convenient answer to a difficult question.  You're barking up the wrong tree if you think abortion proponents are going to put in that kind of work and self sacrifice just to move the needle a little bit in overwhelming the system.  I just don't think there are enough dedicated sociopaths on the pro-abortion side to do that.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #491 on: June 27, 2022, 03:27:27 PM »
Devil's advocate.

Having had professional experience with the 'safe haven' concept, the social service and adoption agencies would be absolutely thrilled for the uptick of babies to place.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #492 on: June 27, 2022, 03:34:43 PM »
Well now we have a court fight

A judge in Louisiana temporarily blocked three state laws that would ban virtually all abortions on Monday.

The abortion bans were set to take effect if the Supreme Court ever overturned Roe v. Wade, which it did on Friday. Several states across the country have enacted similar laws, known as "trigger laws."

Judge blocks Louisiana abortion 'trigger law' from taking effect
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-blocks-louisiana-abortion-trigger-law-from-taking-effect
- Calvin and Hobbes

zahc

• friend
« Reply #493 on: June 27, 2022, 03:36:04 PM »
What is safe haven?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #494 on: June 27, 2022, 03:48:31 PM »
What is safe haven?

The group of laws that let someone leave a baby in certain places with no questions asked and no consequences. Usually hospitals, fire stations and similar places.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #495 on: June 27, 2022, 04:41:28 PM »
This may be a good time to be a urologist or a GYN. There may be a more widespread uptick in business. If getting an abortion becomes more difficult maybe we shouldn't be making a new human to begin with.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-abortion/scotus-abortion-decision-prompts-increase-in-requests-for-vasectomies-getting-tubes-tied-in-central-texas/

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #496 on: June 27, 2022, 04:50:42 PM »
If getting an abortion becomes more difficult maybe we shouldn't be making a new human to begin with.

Or just getting it through the heads of numbskulls of both sexes that abortions aren't the same as birth control pills or condoms. Trying to push the idea that they are equal is another reason the radicals lost their fight.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #497 on: June 27, 2022, 05:14:18 PM »
Or just getting it through the heads of numbskulls of both sexes that abortions aren't the same as birth control pills or condoms. Trying to push the idea that they are equal is another reason the radicals lost their fight.

You would think this point does not have to be spelled out, but apparently it does.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #498 on: June 27, 2022, 05:57:30 PM »

You must be one of those extreme far right fascists we keep hearing about
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #499 on: June 27, 2022, 06:05:19 PM »
You must be one of those extreme far right fascists we keep hearing about

No, I'm ULTRA MAGA!  (wore the shirt at costco today and got three compliments)  :laugh: