Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 33090 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #550 on: July 01, 2022, 08:59:42 PM »
So stunning, so brave.

.@AOC says she is getting her nails done as an act of “resistance” post-Dobbs. pic.twitter.com/jqFA1PyhJk

— John Gage (@johnrobertgage) July 2, 2022
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/01/aoc-shares-her-personal-act-of-reclamation-in-response-to-scotus-overturning-roe/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #551 on: July 01, 2022, 09:20:39 PM »
I'm no beautician, but isn't red a fairly popular choice for nails? Sorta like painting your Model T black if you're against prohibition.

Red should match her handmaid's robes, though.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #552 on: July 01, 2022, 10:18:56 PM »
Her fingernails are in a red state.

ETA:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 10:36:11 PM by Angel Eyes »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #553 on: July 01, 2022, 10:26:23 PM »
Lead this is balloon. Balloon this is lead

Democrats really upping their pro-America midterm messaging game (it’s now been deleted).
https://twitter.com/ThePowersThatBe/status/1542986099274010625

Check out their explanation.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/07/01/pima-county-dems-explains-why-it-shared-the-f-the-4th-flyer/

It's basically: "We fully support this America-hating event, but we apologize for revealing how anti-American it's going to be."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #554 on: July 01, 2022, 10:35:58 PM »
Lefty goes on vulgarity-laden tirade, berating the limousine liberals for sending him fund-raising letters.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/07/01/nancy-pelosis-strategy-of-terrifying-liberals-into-sending-dems-money-may-not-be-as-brilliant-as-she-thinks/

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #555 on: July 01, 2022, 10:46:43 PM »
Lefty goes on vulgarity-laden tirade, berating the limousine liberals for sending him fund-raising letters.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2022/07/01/nancy-pelosis-strategy-of-terrifying-liberals-into-sending-dems-money-may-not-be-as-brilliant-as-she-thinks/

All democrats should be as mad. RBG warned them it would be overturned because it was crap. When the dem's had the supermajority what did they do? Shoved unaffordable healthcare up our butts. I wouldn't be sick all the time if I still had my plan I had before that.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #556 on: July 01, 2022, 11:15:30 PM »

I get text messages that are supposedly from Republicans like that.  I delete them.  I have no idea who they are actually from.  I don't want to tap any links.  Probably the same outfit.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #557 on: July 02, 2022, 12:33:48 AM »
All democrats should be as mad. RBG warned them it would be overturned because it was crap. When the dem's had the supermajority what did they do? Shoved unaffordable healthcare up our butts. I wouldn't be sick all the time if I still had my plan I had before that.

And RBG was warned she should retire while her friends were in charge.

It's insane how upset these people are about losing their absolute right to unlimited prenatal bloodshed.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #558 on: July 02, 2022, 01:38:45 AM »
My company sent out an Independence Day newsletter.   We received a number of positive responses to the article about the impact signing the declaration had on some of the founding fathers. And two complaints about how terrible and tone deaf it was because abortion.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 02, 2022, 03:18:54 AM »
My company sent out an Independence Day newsletter.   We received a number of positive responses to the article about the impact signing the declaration had on some of the founding fathers. And two complaints about how terrible and tone deaf it was because abortion.

YGBFSM!!!  :mad:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #560 on: July 02, 2022, 04:00:27 AM »
And RBG was warned she should retire while her friends were in charge.

It's insane how upset these people are about losing their absolute right to unlimited prenatal bloodshed.

I'm sure some survivors of the Nazi party were sad they could no longer kill the unwanted on demand too.  Party's over.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #561 on: July 02, 2022, 07:12:05 AM »

Send them theses links

https://www.kayak.com/flight-routes/United-States-US0/Cuba-CU0
https://www.kayak.com/flight-routes/United-States-US0/Venezuela-VE0
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #562 on: July 02, 2022, 09:34:30 AM »
When stupid doesn't work double down on the stupid

Women’s March Independence Day message is another one that belongs in an ad (for the GOP)
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/07/02/womens-march-independence-day-message-is-another-one-that-belongs-in-an-ad-for-the-gop/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #564 on: July 02, 2022, 04:10:01 PM »
AOC vs the history of medicine

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/02/dont-tell-aoc-that-people-in-the-1800s-knew-what-an-ectopic-pregnancy-was/

You got to remember doctors in the 1950s had no idea how to properly gender a baby too
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 04:26:07 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #565 on: July 02, 2022, 04:29:42 PM »
"Pro life people have blood on their hands"
And she learned a lot about Naizs so she knows fascism.
Little secret, the Nazis weren't fascists

Activist @Jamie_Margolin on EPA ruling: “This is a judicial coup at this point … a clear descent into fascism … I grew up learning a lot about Nazi Germany and … The important thing to remember is that it can happen here … These pro-life people have blood on their hands.”
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/02/climate-activist-tells-msnbc-supreme-courts-epa-ruling-is-a-judicial-coup-and-a-clear-descent-into-fascism/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #566 on: July 02, 2022, 04:50:30 PM »
Being opposed to killing innocent people means you have blood on your hands.  These people really live in an echo chamber.

;/

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #567 on: July 02, 2022, 11:48:07 PM »
"Pro life people have blood on their hands"
And she learned a lot about Naizs so she knows fascism.
Little secret, the Nazis weren't fascists
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/02/climate-activist-tells-msnbc-supreme-courts-epa-ruling-is-a-judicial-coup-and-a-clear-descent-into-fascism/

The EPA ruling is fascist - because fascism is all about reigning in executive branch power, and returning power to the legislature. We all remember Mussolini cruelly forcing Italian lawmakers to take responsibility for environmental regulation.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #568 on: July 03, 2022, 01:47:24 PM »
Google will help hide your internet activities from the state if any of it concerns looking to get an abortion.
Part of me says good since it's none of the state business where you go on the internet but the other part says it's akin to helping covering up a murder. It's the how selective they're being aspect that has me troubled as well.

Google's senior vice president of core systems and experiences, Jen Fitzpatrick, announced that if its systems identify that someone has visited an abortion website, Google will delete these entries from Location History soon after they visit.

Google to Clear Search History of Users Visiting Abortion Clinics
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/07/03/google-to-clear-search-history-of-users-visiting-abortion-clinics-n2609701
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #569 on: July 03, 2022, 02:20:52 PM »
It's the how selective they're being aspect that has me troubled as well.

Indeed. They'll be happy to share your visit to the Brownell's site, or to a Christian church site. Among dozens, if not hundreds of other websites with subjects they don't approve of.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #570 on: July 03, 2022, 03:47:05 PM »
Indeed. They'll be happy to share your visit to the Brownell's site, or to a Christian church site. Among dozens, if not hundreds of other websites with subjects they don't approve of.

Woke liberals are the embodiment of hypocrisy.

And if you mention that to them, they won't have any idea what you're talking about.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #571 on: July 07, 2022, 10:39:32 AM »
Some interesting comments on the "10 year old pregnant girl who couldn't get an abortion because of SCOTUS" that has been all over the MSM:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/07/07/boomity-receipt-filled-thread-on-the-so-called-pregnant-10-year-old-girl-story-media-and-pro-aborts-keep-pushing-an-epic-must-read/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #572 on: July 07, 2022, 10:57:05 AM »
Regardless of where you stand on abortion, every law I've ever seen on it, including Ohio's 6 week ban, has exceptions for endangering the life or health of the mother.  I asked 4 separate healthcare professionals I know and they all said  10 YO's body is almost certainly not through puberty enough to safely carry a baby to term and give birth.  I don't believe that there wasn't a Dr. in Ohio that felt that way and would have legally terminated this pregnancy.

If that story's not completely made up propaganda, it's being purposely twisted  to hit emotions.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #573 on: July 07, 2022, 01:00:58 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #574 on: July 07, 2022, 01:21:39 PM »
Regardless of where you stand on abortion, every law I've ever seen on it, including Ohio's 6 week ban, has exceptions for endangering the life or health of the mother.  I asked 4 separate healthcare professionals I know and they all said  10 YO's body is almost certainly not through puberty enough to safely carry a baby to term and give birth.  I don't believe that there wasn't a Dr. in Ohio that felt that way and would have legally terminated this pregnancy.

If that story's not completely made up propaganda, it's being purposely twisted  to hit emotions.

Just to be able to get pregnant at 10 the girl has probably experienced precocious puberty.  World record for youngest girl to give live birth was a 5 or 6 year old in Peru in the 1930’s (my recollection was that poor kid got her period before turning 1, a pretty extreme case of precocious puberty).  So, while certainly high risk, it’s not impossible for a 10 year old to carry a pregnancy at least to viability.  Full term might not be advisable, but 25-30 weeks is likely feasible.  From a pro-life perspective that’s a situation that would require a lot of medical monitoring, and otherwise treating it like any high risk pregnancy.  And in the event that she couldn’t survive to carry to viability then any treatment necessary should be done to preserve her life.  Most likely the child would wind up being raised by someone other than the birth mother as she won’t have the maturity to handle that, even if her body could sustain a pregnancy until viability.

That said, there’s also zero chance of legal consent to sexual activity at that age.  So at a bare minimum, assuming it’s not entirely made up propaganda, she’s a victim of rape, and typically in these cases also incest.