Author Topic: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade  (Read 33006 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Being reported the Supreme Court has voted to strike down Roe v. Wade
« Reply #675 on: July 20, 2022, 03:45:29 PM »
This is really much to about nothing, I just found her logic twist on why she was faking it amusing.
That was my first and I was hoping to be last post on the matter.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #676 on: July 20, 2022, 03:51:33 PM »
I also have moved on.  I am curious about that article III question I posted up there though. ^^

Anybody got any ideas?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #677 on: July 20, 2022, 04:04:13 PM »
The "own" is that O-C, and especially Omar, seemed to be exaggerating what was happening to them. With O-C, that fits her pattern of declaring herself legally dead during the Capitol riot, ostentatiously weeping at the BP detention facility, etc. Omar, though, can't even use O-C's reasoning to defend herself, as she was walking alone.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #678 on: July 20, 2022, 04:16:47 PM »
Following the logic of the left, they should have been executed for protesting on government property.
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #679 on: July 20, 2022, 04:18:04 PM »
The "own" is that O-C, and especially Omar, seemed to be exaggerating what was happening to them. With O-C, that fits her pattern of declaring herself legally dead during the Capitol riot, ostentatiously weeping at the BP detention facility, etc. Omar, though, can't even use O-C's reasoning to defend herself, as she was walking alone.

Yes, this is her modas operandi. Faking *expletive deleted*it and having the MSM sell it. Faked being handcuffed. Faked being in front of caged children (rather a fence to an empty parking lot). Faked being in danger on 06JAN. She sells it, the MSM promotes it, and people buy it. She faked being handcuffed for an agenda.

Social media is full of people right now absolutely believing and defending the statement that a congressman was arrested and handcuffed. The side that screams "disinformation" actively creates it. It's not something to move on from, it's something to call out at each occurrence.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #680 on: July 20, 2022, 07:40:38 PM »
AOC Sits In Invisible Police Car Awaiting Transport To Invisible Jail
https://babylonbee.com/news/aoc-sits-in-invisible-police-car-awaiting-transport-to-invisible-jail

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #681 on: July 20, 2022, 07:42:10 PM »
And they're not done

AOC Still Handcuffed As Capitol Police Misplaced The Invisible Key
https://babylonbee.com/news/aoc-still-handcuffed-as-capitol-police-misplaced-the-invisible-key
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #682 on: July 20, 2022, 10:18:23 PM »
I guess not only do her political opponents want to date her, they are into BDSM too.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #683 on: July 20, 2022, 10:46:33 PM »
I can just imagine the noises from a spanking...

Hell, give Mad Mike the riding crop and we'll see what happens... He's a former brit - they know about that sort of stuff...
Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #684 on: July 20, 2022, 11:01:22 PM »
Ilhan Omar Uses Her One Phone Call From Jail To Call Both Her Husband And Her Brother
https://babylonbee.com/news/ilhan-omar-uses-her-one-phone-call-from-jail-to-call-both-her-husband-and-her-brother

:rofl:

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #685 on: July 21, 2022, 09:43:01 PM »
Don't know about this case... but child rapists are usually "mom's boyfriend."   [barf]

And... the mom of the raped girl is defending the rapist.... no direct confirmation, but I bet I nailed it with "mom's boyfriend."   ;/

She's from Guatemala.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=63213

Ding Ding Ding

In a follow-up Telemundo interview, a local source confirmed that Fuentes is the mother's domestic partner and that she is PREGNANT with the illegal alien's baby.https://t.co/ji1X7muej2

— Mia Cathell (@MiaCathell) July 21, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/21/heres-townhalls-investigation-into-the-exploitative-environment-surrounding-10-year-old-rape-victim/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #686 on: July 24, 2022, 08:07:05 PM »
On the idea of having off-shore abortion ships, is the Left doing anything similar to this already? Like dispensing cannabis off-shore somewhere?

I'm not sure what else to compare it to, but then again, what else does the Right actually ban the the Left (or anyone else) from doing?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #687 on: July 26, 2022, 10:48:09 AM »
CNN reporting Roberts was working to preserve RvW but the leak "doomed" it.

New CNN reporting from @JoanBiskupic: Chief Justice John Roberts privately lobbied his fellow conservative justices to preserve Roe v. Wade – but the unprecedented leak of the draft opinion may have doomed his efforts. pic.twitter.com/g0fKkIT14f
    — New Day (@NewDay) July 26, 2022

Report: Supreme Court Leak Doomed Justice Roberts Plans to Preserve Roe
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2022/07/26/report-supreme-court-leak-doomed-justice-roberts-plans-to-preserve-roe-n2610804

Given the identity of the leaker still hasn't been identified, the report is raising suspicions.

- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #688 on: July 26, 2022, 11:24:59 AM »
My suspicion is that he is just trying to play CYA with his more liberal friends by claiming that he was trying to get things changed "from the inside" or something like that. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #689 on: July 27, 2022, 08:36:06 AM »
I guess it goes here.

Dems are introducing a bill for term limits for Justices.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3575349-democrats-introduce-bill-to-enact-term-limits-for-supreme-court-justices/

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to term limits, but this one is convoluted as all get out (and I think we know why). Make it a simple "20 years" or something.

Both parties do this crap, but dems do it more. They always look in the very near term to benefit themselves (just like, "lets pack the Supreme Court right now") then cry when the strategy works against them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #690 on: July 27, 2022, 08:39:24 AM »
Both parties do this crap, but dems do it more. They always look in the very near term to benefit themselves (just like, "lets pack the Supreme Court right now") then cry when the strategy works against them.
I think that it inherent to the progressive ideology. It is not one hampered by fixed rules or principles, and by definition seeks constant - often convenient - change.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #691 on: July 27, 2022, 09:17:41 AM »
For some reason, I thought the Constitution established the lifetime appointments, but it does not appear to do that. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #692 on: July 29, 2022, 12:26:49 PM »

https://hotair.com/headlines/2022/07/29/poll-americans-dismayed-at-end-of-roe-are-less-certain-they-will-vote-n486079

Those who reject the idea that the court’s ruling is a loss for women are 18 percentage points more likely to express certainty they will vote in the midterms — 70 percent compared with 52 percent of those who do see such a loss, according to the Post-Schar School poll conducted July 22 to 24.

Democrats and women, especially younger women, are particularly uncertain they will vote. About 1 in 3 women under 40 are sure they will cast a ballot even as they have strong concerns about rollbacks in abortion access.

“Is the discontent with Democratic Party leadership and policies generally so deep that those most affected by the court decision … still plan to sit out this election?” said Mark Rozell, dean of the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University, who worked on the poll.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #693 on: July 29, 2022, 01:23:56 PM »
For some reason, I thought the Constitution established the lifetime appointments, but it does not appear to do that. 

Article 3 Section 1 says all federal judges “shall hold their Offices during good Behavior”.  Which has long been interpreted to mean lifetime appointments unless the retire, resign or are impeached. 

While there’s no express lifetime tenure, it would be very interesting to see how this would shake out if Congress tried to enact some form of term limitations on SCOTUS justices.  Plenty of influential people that say term limits would require a constitutional amendment.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #694 on: August 22, 2022, 10:20:29 AM »
Huh. It appears Idaho is going to be the test bed poster child for the SC ruling.

It's been interesting to note that maybe 100 residents ever show up for pro-abortion rallies at the state capitol. There is way more out of state influence on the pro-abortion side. Pro-life seems to run around the same 70% of the state population that votes other than "D". I guess we'll see if special interest groups from out of state (as well as the feds) negate what the majority of state residents want.

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/3609839-how-idaho-became-ground-zero-in-the-federal-state-abortion-fight/

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #695 on: August 22, 2022, 01:30:00 PM »
Do you happen to have a link to what Idaho's law actually says?  Because:

an Idaho law preventing women from receiving necessary emergency care when their lives are threatened by dangerous pregnancy complications.
A doctor can be prosecuted, even if an abortion procedure was essential to save the life of the emergency room patient.

Seems unlikely.

I also wonder what the breakdown among Idaho's "Pro-Life" folks is between the "No abortion after fertilization" folks and the "lets make a determination sometime near the first trimester that abortion is no longer OK" people.  Because while the national conversation (if it could be called that) seems to be between the "no abortion after fertilization" people and the "I can do what I want to the kid until it takes a breath of delivery room air" people, folks I talk to in real life all seem to be a little more nuanced than those two extremes.

I know Idaho has a pretty solid LDS contingent so that probably affects the distribution of opinions.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #696 on: August 22, 2022, 01:38:47 PM »
Do you happen to have a link to what Idaho's law actually says?  Because:

Seems unlikely.

I also wonder what the breakdown among Idaho's "Pro-Life" folks is between the "No abortion after fertilization" folks and the "lets make a determination sometime near the first trimester that abortion is no longer OK" people.  Because while the national conversation (if it could be called that) seems to be between the "no abortion after fertilization" people and the "I can do what I want to the kid until it takes a breath of delivery room air" people, folks I talk to in real life all seem to be a little more nuanced than those two extremes.

I know Idaho has a pretty solid LDS contingent so that probably affects the distribution of opinions.

I don't have a link handy, but I know there are exceptions for health of the mother. The MSM, and the Federal lawsuit for that matter, are making a lot of *expletive deleted*it up.

As for popular opinion, I would guess that just as before the pro abort people went crazy with the "abortion celebration" stuff, there were a lot of people here that were somewhat "don't ask don't tell" with first trimester abortions, and probably still are, but if they have to choose between strictly limited abortions and abortions for convenience and fun, they are choosing the former.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #697 on: August 22, 2022, 02:56:21 PM »
Possibly not the most even-handed article.

All the bills were poorly drafted, thrown into the legislative hopper for the purpose of intimidating doctors and gaining votes. They were rushed through with little medical testimony. As with similar measures enacted in other red states, practically no consideration was given to the serious problems that arise for doctors, lawyers and the courts from the use of sloppy, ambiguous wording.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #698 on: August 22, 2022, 03:41:43 PM »
"... thrown into the legislative hopper for the purpose of intimidating ... and gaining votes."

"... the use of sloppy, ambiguous wording."

... like most gun-control laws.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #699 on: August 27, 2022, 10:54:07 AM »
Colorado baseball team cancels family night at a game after thousands of tickets sold over the sponsors of the event being Pro-Life

The Vibes made this decision after seeing the proposed assets from the partner in question because they felt that the partner would hinder the team’s mission in providing fun and affordable family entertainment.

Not clear on whether it was solely because the sponsors were pro-life or that the sponsors had planned some sort of pro-life event.

Baseball team shuts out pro-life organizations, cancels family night hours before first pitch
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/baseball-team-shuts-out-pro-life-organizations-cancels-family-night-hours-before-first-pitch
- Calvin and Hobbes