Author Topic: RIP Fred Ward  (Read 478 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
RIP Fred Ward
« on: May 13, 2022, 12:34:34 PM »
Fred Ward, gravelly-voiced actor of The Right Stuff, Remo Williams, and Tremors fame, has passed at 79.

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/13/1098760992/actor-fred-ward-dies?fbclid=IwAR1U9Lgc4_Rsnr_p2l4MQ4NKAgryeKOpa5om1upCV9te0cwmKSLf_V0ZAu0

RIP.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: RIP Fred Ward
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 02:26:15 PM »
I always enjoyed Fred Ward in the roles he played.  Rest in Peace, Mr. Ward.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 08:51:38 AM »
I liked him in the Remo and Tremors movies - RIP, Fred.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 09:54:38 PM »
I liked him in the Remo and Tremors movies - RIP, Fred.
Those were the main ones I remember.  Good movies.  I need to find Remo Williams.  I have Tremors. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge