Author Topic: "The Return of the Patriarchy"  (Read 691 times)

Pb

• friend
"The Return of the Patriarchy"
« on: May 14, 2022, 10:23:40 AM »
Liberals typically have few children.

Social conservatives have the most children... and thus will dominate the future, according to this article.

The most interesting part of the article is that it demonstrates that this is a pattern that has repeatedly happened throughout history.  The Roman empire degenerated and people stopped wanted to get married or have children.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2009/10/20/the-return-of-patriarchy/

What do you think?

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: "The Return of the Patriarchy"
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 10:39:56 AM »
Won't happen as long as the left has control of the schools
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 10:42:21 AM »
Liberals typically have few children.

Semi serious: Try as they may it's kind of hard to get a man pregnant
More serious: Many cite climate change as their reason.
More More serious: The liberal mindset doesn't lend itself very well to having children let alone child raising
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 10:43:18 AM »
Won't happen as long as the left has control of the schools

Pretty much this.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 12:59:54 PM »
Woke ideology is also completely anti-romance. This includes any of the media they put out. Their vision is indistinguishable androgynous ?-gendered social units that reproduce in petri dishes at the hand and will of the all powerful government. Anything strongly feminine or masculine is just toxic now. So it's no wonder they aren't breeding. Destroying the markers of sexual distinction naturally is the opposite of sexy. For me it's a ray of hope that they may die out like the Shakers. In the meantime I just have to be on guard that I don't get cancelled for not wanting to have sex with men or for teaching my kids that women have breasts for nursing babies and penises are good and they shouldn't be cut off.

This is an aspect of dystopian literature that I previously didn't understand. The Junior Anti-sex League in 1984, and the factory babies in Brave New World, always seemed out of place and implausible, because to oppress a people it seems more advantageous, in a bread-and-circuses way, to let them copulate liberally and not oppress them with sexual restrictions. It wasn't until the real world caught up that i realized it can be both... you can encourage all sorts of sexual deviancy while also oppressing normal, healthy heterosexuality that births babies and raises healthy families and adapted adults. Which is the way the woke agenda is going, where just about every kink is celebrated except anything associated with socially responsible and actually hot heterosexuality between feminine women and masculine men, which is now seen as a fundamental oppression structure. Soon enough, young people will start sneaking off into the bushes to have heterosexual intercourse or raising babies quietly in secret, lest somebody find out their perversion. One way or other, life finds a way, but with ubiquitous birth control and soon-to-be obligatory abortions, I'm not even confident of that.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 01:22:13 PM by zahc »
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 01:20:46 PM »
A lot of the lefties I know have different life goals.  Not a career, but jobs to do to fund their travels/hobbies/"life interests".  Home ownership isn't a priority because they don't want to be tied to one place, so they can move and experience new places and people.  Sex is entertainment.  Kids are just an anchor that interferes with moving/experiencing life.

As for conservatives being the ones having children, that doesn't take into account urban areas where poorer people (who tend to vote Dem) have several children, just not families as we think of them.  Baby momma with several kids from different baby daddies.  Those kids aren't gonna be Republicans, by and large.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 01:23:17 PM »
A lot of the lefties I know have different life goals.  Not a career, but jobs to do to fund their travels/hobbies/"life interests".  Home ownership isn't a priority because they don't want to be tied to one place, so they can move and experience new places and people.  Sex is entertainment.  Kids are just an anchor that interferes with moving/experiencing life.

As for conservatives being the ones having children, that doesn't take into account urban areas where poorer people (who tend to vote Dem) have several children, just not families as we think of them.  Baby momma with several kids from different baby daddies.  Those kids aren't gonna be Republicans, by and large.

Which e why this type of sexual behavior is quietly tolerated or even encouraged. It doesn't threaten the state through creation of strong families and societies. It's heterosexual, but deviant heterosexual, so it's ok, or at least, it's made unacceptable to highlight and criticise it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 08:43:10 PM »
My wife and i have decided we don't want to have children.
Our kids are taking it pretty hard.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 12:33:50 PM »
zahc is on it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife