Author Topic: Ready for a series on the the life of an alternate universe Hillary?  (Read 420 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
No? Well neither was Hulu.
But I have almost no doubt someone will pick it up.

Hulu has passed on “Rodham,” writer-producer Sarah Treem’s adaptation of the 2020 Curtis Sittenfeld novel that’s been in development at the streamer since summer 2020. But 20th Television is still is shopping the project to other streamers, now that Claire Danes and Dakota Fanning are attached to play Clinton at different stages of her life.
“Rodham” — published in May 2020, and a New York Times bestseller — imagined an alternative universe in which Hillary Rodham Clinton met and dated Bill Clinton at Yale Law School, but never married him. Instead of the life Clinton has actually led, in “Rodham,” she goes on to thrive as a Northwestern University professor, and launches an eventual presidential run in 2016. Real-world events — such as rape accusations against Bill Clinton, and Donald Trump as a significant figure in politics — also play out in Sittenfeld’s novel, but in vastly altered ways.

NYT best seller?

Hulu Passes on Hillary Clinton Series ‘Rodham,’ Claire Danes and Dakota Fanning to Star as 20th TV Shops Project (EXCLUSIVE)
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/rodham-hillary-clinton-claire-danes-dakota-fanning-1235266686/

Here's the book it's based on. In it Trump endorses Hillary
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodham_(novel)

Reception

The novel drew mixed reviews[1] with reviewers finding "the entire premise was crass" yet also entertaining.[2] NPR called it "a nauseating, moving, morally suggestive, technically brilliant book".[3] The New Yorker criticized the novel for creating a "less controversial Hillary" than her real life counterpart.[4]

In other words it's *expletive deleted*it but smells good.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 03:22:45 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Hulu passed on my novel adaptation as well.

In mine, titled WeMAGA (We Made America Great Again!), Trump is president when Hilary is brought up on charges of espionage and treason.

After a long trial, she's sentenced to death on both charges.

At the last minute, Trump pardons her for the espionage charge...

But not the treason charge.

Screen fades to black just as the plungers in the execution machine start to move.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.