Author Topic: Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting  (Read 11308 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting
« on: May 14, 2022, 06:04:28 PM »
Man reportedly with a rifle and body armor open fire in a Buffalo grocery
At least 10 being reported dead.
Reported the man was live streaming.
They're already tossing around the term racially motivated since the grocery is in a predominately black neighborhood

Stay tuned

BREAKING: At Least 10 Dead After Gunman Opens Fire in Buffalo Grocery Store
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/breaking-at-least-10-dead-after-gunman-opens-fire-in-buffalo-grocery-store/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 06:07:54 PM »
Teenager reported in custody

New York police respond to 'mass shooting' at Buffalo grocery store, 'multiple people' shot
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-police-mass-shooting-buffalo-grocery-store
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 06:11:16 PM »
Gramaglia said that an 18-year-old White male allegedly committed the shooting and was live-streaming it online.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 06:13:25 PM »
Cue the race baiters
Cue the calls for gun control.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 06:16:15 PM »
Well, thank goodness it couldn't have been an "assault weapon" type rifle, since those uber-deadly machines of mass destruction aren't allowed in the Empire State.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 06:20:49 PM »
Seeing a name being tossed around is that he is white nationalist.

Also this

Ryan
@breakingryan1
🚨Graphic video 🚨 Man arrested in military uniform after mass shooting at Tops Supermarket in Buffalo, New York
https://twitter.com/breakingryan1/status/1525553714081280001

Also he supposedly put out a Manifesto https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/mass-shooting-at-buffalo-supermarket/

If that is it yikes. The MSM is going to have a field day.
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 06:43:20 PM »
Just in time for a supreme court case on the New York pistol permitting process.  How convenient.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »
Reported Bushmaster XM-15
That was way quicker than usual
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2022, 06:51:57 PM »
Apparently some already know who to blame :facepalm:
What is it now with the left and Tucker Carlson?

The Buffalo killer’s manifesto reads like a job application for a junior producer on Tucker Carlson.

And no, I’m not being flippant.

— Rick Wilson (@TheRickWilson) May 14, 2022
    A real feather in @TuckerCarlson’s cap. https://t.co/uQzQpMmqNQ

— FreshMouthHat (@Popehat) May 14, 2022
    More blood on the hands of @tuckercarlson and @foxnews this killer used their racist talking points to justify killing 10 people. Carlson won't stop because as he explained to the NYTimes, it's good for ratings. Lives be damned. As Carlson will be at judgement day. https://t.co/fse5bRvEbN

— Joe Lockhart (@joelockhart) May 14, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/14/self-described-white-supremacist-kills-at-least-10-in-mass-shooting-in-buffalo-while-streaming-on-twitch/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2022, 06:54:08 PM »
Also, an 18 year old doing this just days after the calif ruling on 18 year olds and guns, and antis saying this will happen. You really don't even need tinfoil these days
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2022, 07:04:51 PM »
Wonder if the Ministry of Misinformation is going to try to shut down 4chan and others mentioned in the manifesto.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2022, 08:01:54 PM »
How more convenient: Bill H.R.350 almost certainly going to pass now because of this shooting and it just so happens to create a task force to purge the military of "white supremacist and neo-nazi infiltration of the uniformed services and federal law enforcement agencies."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2022, 08:28:13 PM »
I don't know that anything would come of it, but I wonder if they'll try and push legislation to ban civilian body armor? If he was in fact actually wearing any as reported. All too often somebody has a vest or an empty carrier, and they call it armor.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2022, 08:33:13 PM »
    When the shooter exited his vehicle, he shot four people in the parking lot, BPD Commissioner Joesph Gramaglia said during a press conference. Three of them died and one is in the hospital. The shooter entered the store and opened fire on customers.

A retired Buffalo Police officer, who was working as a security guard, shot the gunman, but the 18-year-old was unharmed because he was wearing armor, Gramaglia said. The gunman shot a killed the retired officer.

A law enforcement source told CBS News that the gunman had a racial slur written on his weapon.

Erie County District Attorney John Flynn will not confirm the existence of the shooter’s manifesto. He said they believe there was a “racial component” to the attack but won’t say more.

This attack is being investigated by the FBI as a hate crime and as violent extremism.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/rebeccadowns/2022/05/14/at-least-10-dead-after-shooting-takes-place-at-grocery-store-in-upstate-new-york-n2607263
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2022, 08:41:04 PM »
Seeing a name being tossed around is that he is white nationalist.

Also this
https://twitter.com/breakingryan1/status/1525553714081280001

Also he supposedly put out a Manifesto https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/mass-shooting-at-buffalo-supermarket/

If that is it yikes. The MSM is going to have a field day.

Whew!

I was never diagnosed with a mental disability or disorder, and I believe to be perfectly sane.

FAIL! Failure to have been diagnosed does not equate to the absence of a disorder. Perfectly sane people do not kill random other people in supermarkets.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2022, 10:08:16 PM »
For some reason my initial thought goes to false  flag and set up by the left.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2022, 10:28:27 PM »
Mrgunsngear posted this video on Instagram.  A man interviewed on Fox News talking about people needed to take charge of things themselves. 
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cdj7RbqPSkb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This photo is a capture from the video the guy was taking.  Looks like an AR, but I don't know what kind. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CdjXRneOwUS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

He had a cut of the video the guy posted, but stopped before he started shooting.  I guess that was taken down.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2022, 07:47:20 AM »
That looks like a straight up M16A2 upper.  Haven't seen that in a while.

Any word on .mil connections?  The *expletive deleted*it will truly hit the fan if he stole that from an arms room somewhere.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2022, 07:53:12 AM »
That looks like a straight up M16A2 upper.  Haven't seen that in a while.

Any word on .mil connections?  The *expletive deleted*it will truly hit the fan if he stole that from an arms room somewhere.

I think there is a lot of "misinformation" to use the popular term, floating around. If his manifesto is not fake, this is what he says:

Also, more tinfoil from Ben, but why would he buy a firearm "made during the assault weapons ban" from a gun store? A lot of the language in that manifesto sure mentions a lot of anti-gun talking points.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2022, 07:58:54 AM »
Also, this was interesting. The story claims that the security officer shot the nutcase multiple times "but the bullets were deflected by body armor". Seems like multiple COM hits into armor would make someone at least temporarily non-effective. I'd be more inclined to believe that he shot and missed.

When Gendron entered the store, Salter, who worked as a security guard at the store, shot him with his firearm multiple times. However, the gunman was wearing armored plating that deflected the bullets. Gendron then fatally shot Salter.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/retired-cop-killed-buffalo-shooting-hailed-hero-local-police

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2022, 09:49:53 AM »
Also, this was interesting. The story claims that the security officer shot the nutcase multiple times "but the bullets were deflected by body armor". Seems like multiple COM hits into armor would make someone at least temporarily non-effective. I'd be more inclined to believe that he shot and missed.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/retired-cop-killed-buffalo-shooting-hailed-hero-local-police
That is a fair point.  Body armor typically protects only a fairly small portion of the body at the straight on angle.  Maybe he fired several times, but only hit him in the armor?  I guess will see once more information is released. 

The steel plate armor from ar500armor.com could probably absorb hits without affecting the wearer too much, but I am not going to volunteer for testing.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2022, 10:25:02 AM »
Alright, murdering 10 people is one thing, but I draw the line at racism. That's bad.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2022, 10:33:01 AM »
The steel plate armor from ar500armor.com could probably absorb hits without affecting the wearer too much, but I am not going to volunteer for testing.

I might have a biased sampling set, but the only videos I've seen of guys letting themselves be shot in armor show guys who are at the very least temporarily incapacitated. Maybe there is some military documentation showing that guys getting shot in the armor can still be immediately combat effective? Of course they are trained, and this kid was not.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2022, 10:35:18 AM »
Alright, murdering 10 people is one thing, but I draw the line at racism. That's bad.

A average Saturday night in Chicago.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2022, 10:35:38 AM »
I might have a biased sampling set, but the only videos I've seen of guys letting themselves be shot in armor show guys who are at the very least temporarily incapacitated. Maybe there is some military documentation showing that guys getting shot in the armor can still be immediately combat effective? Of course they are trained, and this kid was not.

Hard armor should have a soft backer to help protect the wearing from the impact.  I'm betting most people don't wear soft armor or pads under their hard armor.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?