Author Topic: Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting  (Read 11418 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2022, 08:36:17 PM »
Related: The rapper who shot a NY cop has been set free. No real explanation not to prosecute seems to have been given. I note that he was a felon on probation in possession of a firearm when he shot the cop, and they are not even prosecuting that gun crime, yet screaming for new gun laws related to Buffalo.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/rapper-accused-shooting-police-officer-charges-dropped-new-york

gawd, I have to stop clicking on fox news, I often have a video playing that I am listening to, and fox news always has to blast the same annoying ad for "viking cruises" or something similar .... so this guy killed a cat??
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2022, 09:11:28 PM »
Now if that ain't some kind of Bull Scat.

Won't enforce the current laws, but let's make some new laws we'll only enforce when we want to.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2022, 11:59:55 PM »
From the article, it looks like he shot himself through the thigh and the bullet then hit the officer.  I don't know if he intended to shoot the officer and messed up or if it was just an bad shoot.

I would have expected him to at least be detained for the parole violation.  I bet most jurisdictions would prosecute him for something. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2022, 03:44:00 PM »
Appears they're looking at getting a lawsuit going over the Bushmaster used.
Sound familiar?

Remington gun maker may face lawsuit following Buffalo mass shooting
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/remington-buffalo-mass-shooting-lawsuit-potential/85-871e979e-291e-4913-ad34-e5c087a1eb71

Remington May Get Sued AGAIN!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWwU2oB6wcU
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:56:52 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2022, 04:29:15 PM »
The last case was about advertising. I don't think that will fly on this one and shouldn't have on the last one since the kid didn't buy the rifle he murdered his mom and stole it.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Pb

• friend
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2022, 10:08:01 AM »
The last case was about advertising. I don't think that will fly on this one and shouldn't have on the last one since the kid didn't buy the rifle he murdered his mom and stole it.

That presumes our judges care about the rule of law.  They clearly do not.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #131 on: May 25, 2022, 11:09:01 PM »
That presumes our judges care about the rule of law.  They clearly do not.

Without doxing myself, I was in our county justice center today on a service call,  and the judge's office in question had a no *expletive deleted*it decals on the wall quote of "do justice first and the law will follow". 

Lucky us.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2022, 09:16:10 AM »
Retired Federal Agent Was in Regular Communication with Buffalo Shooter and May Have Had Advance Notice of Gendron’s Plans to Murder Black People
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/05/retired-federal-agent-regular-communication-buffalo-shooter-may-advance-notice-gendrons-plans-murder-black-people/

According to Buffalo News, individuals in the online chat room – which possibly included the retired federal agent – asked Payton Gendron to read his mass shooting plans 30 minutes before the attack.

The two law enforcement sources with direct knowledge of the investigation stated these individuals were invited by Gendron to read about his mass shooting plans and the target location about 30 minutes before Gendron killed 10 people at Tops Markets on Jefferson Avenue on May 14.

“These were like-minded people who used this chat group to talk about their shared interests in racial hatred, replacement theory and hatred of anyone who is Jewish, a person of color or not of European ancestry,” said one of the two law enforcement officials with close knowledge of the investigation. “What is especially upsetting is that these six people received advanced notice of the Buffalo shooting, about 30 minutes before it happened.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2022, 09:22:30 AM »
Baffalo News version:
Authorities investigating if retired federal agent knew of Buffalo mass shooting plans in advance
https://buffalonews.com/news/local/authorities-investigating-if-retired-federal-agent-knew-of-buffalo-mass-shooting-plans-in-advance/article_bd408f18-dd39-11ec-be53-df8fdd095d6f.html?utm_campaign=blox&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

The New York Times reported May 17 that Gendron invited a small group of people into a private chat room on the messaging platform Discord to review his plan about 30 minutes before the massacre at Tops. The Washington Post reported two days later that 15 people accepted Gendron's invitation into the Discord chat room and were able to review his plan and watch his live stream video as he committed the killings.

In the diary, Gendron indicates Sandman counseled him on manufacturers of AR-15 semi-automatic rifles and their quality. The shooter purchased and allegedly used that type of assault rifle in the rampage, which local authorities have said was fueled by his racial hatred.

Salty Cracker did a video about this.  I admit it does fuel the conspiracy theory that the kid was groomed to do this.  I wonder if we will find out who the others are or if they will committ suicide or something. 

This article also referenced a NYT link that I can't read.
Before Massacre Began, Suspect Invited Others to Review His Plan
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/17/nyregion/buffalo-shooting-discord-chat-plans.html

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2022, 09:39:29 AM »
In other related news an Obama appointed Fed Judge clears the way for NY to sue gun manufacturers

A federal judge Wednesday dismissed a lawsuit from gun industry groups challenging a New York law that permits civil lawsuits against companies for conduct found to have endangered public safety.
The judge concluded that the New York law did not preempt a 2005 federal law limiting the liability gun manufacturers and dealers can face. Citing an appellate court opinion in a separate case, D'Agostino said the New York law fit within an exception laid out in the federal statute.

Judge tosses challenge to New York law that opens gun industry up to civil lawsuits
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/politics/new-york-civil-liability-law-ruling/index.html

Federal Judge Clears Way For Lawsuits Against Firearms Manufacturers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa99xtmvpOE
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2022, 10:33:04 PM »
Going to be massive pressure on Discord to woke up.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2022, 11:59:47 AM »
Must be 21 to buy a semi-auto rifle. Bill now headed to Gov's desk where she will no doubt sign.
Bills up for vote include bills requiring microstamping on all new guns and restrictions on body armor

NY Legislature Votes to Raise Age to Buy Semi-Auto Rifles, More Gun Control Bills to Come
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/ny-legislature-votes-to-raise-age-to-buy-semi-auto-rifles-more-gun-control-to-come/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2022, 12:09:03 PM »
Yup, looks to be a done deal:

https://youtu.be/cIoXVHnsk_A

ALL semi-autos, not just the "evil black ones". Also licensing requirements.

Also body armor for civilians (Hey - aren't cops civilians?).

On the miocrostamping, that is why handguns are disappearing in California. All newly submitted handguns to their "safe handgun" roster have to be microstamped. Since the technology doesn't exist, no new models of handguns can be sold in California.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2022, 12:15:35 PM »
Yeah, overlooked the licensing part.

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2022, 12:19:13 PM »
Also in that video I linked, the MSM pushed the pro gun side as people upset because these laws will be "an inconvenience". Nevermind those pesky constitutional rights.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2022, 01:43:28 PM »
According to sources I've just now looked up, while on my lunch break, most of those who perpetrate mass shootings at schools are younger than 18 - so are they allowed to have rifles at all? I don't know how much that varies by state, but they certainly can't buy rifles at that age.

The average age of a mass shooter is supposedly 33. (not limited to school shootings)

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2022/05/27/fact-check-most-mass-shooters-ages-18-19-texas-school-shooting-uvalde-robb-elementary/9933032002/

https://rockinst.org/gun-violence/mass-shooting-factsheet/

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2022, 02:02:47 PM »
According to sources I've just now looked up, while on my lunch break, most of those who perpetrate mass shootings at schools are younger than 18 - so are they allowed to have rifles at all? I don't know how much that varies by state, but they certainly can't buy rifles at that age.

The average age of a mass shooter is supposedly 33. (not limited to school shootings)

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/politifact/2022/05/27/fact-check-most-mass-shooters-ages-18-19-texas-school-shooting-uvalde-robb-elementary/9933032002/

https://rockinst.org/gun-violence/mass-shooting-factsheet/
The shooter in Santa Fe, TX took the gun from his Dad.  I was thinking the Columbine shooters got them from some guy they knew, but I might be wrong on that. 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2022, 02:34:04 PM »
The shooter in Santa Fe, TX took the gun from his Dad.  I was thinking the Columbine shooters got them from some guy they knew, but I might be wrong on that.

There should definitely be a background check before you steal a gun, or buy it on the black market. A double-background-check, if you murder a parent to get the gun.

Can we send out the AK guy with another petition? This one to propose background check requirements for all illegal or black-market sales.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2022, 03:23:57 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marysville_Pilchuck_High_School_shooting

In the mass school shooting a few miles from me back in 2014, the perpetrator stole the guns from his Dad's gun safe.  Dad was a prohibited person, by the way.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2022, 04:52:29 PM »
Update

The judge named each victim and asked the gunman if he had killed them because of their race. He showed little emotion as he said "yes" to each charge.

The charges include first-degree murder, murder as a hate crime, and domestic terrorism motivated by hate.

The gunman is also facing multiple federal charges over the 14 May shooting which could be punished with the death penalty.

Buffalo shooting: Gunman pleads guilty to murder and terrorism charges
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63786445
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2022, 05:41:40 PM »
Update

Buffalo shooting: Gunman pleads guilty to murder and terrorism charges
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-63786445

Good.  He plead guilty.  Now walk him to the closest ditch and put a .22 in his brain stem.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2023, 05:08:51 PM »
AR was equipped with a magazine lock that fixed the mag to the rifle thus making it NY legal. Well apparently since the lock could be drilled out with a drill, and the shooter did, the AG is suing the lock's manufacture.
Give someone a hammer and drill anything can be removed. But guess that doesn't matter to the AG

The lawsuit alleges that the company deceptively and falsely advertises that installing an MA Lock on a weapon makes it legal in New York, thereby aiding and abetting the illegal possession of assault weapons in New York. Through her lawsuit, Attorney General James seeks to stop Mean Arms from doing business in New York and to require the company to pay restitution, damages, and civil penalties for its illegal practices that violated state laws and caused irreparable harm.

Give someone a hammer and drill anything can be removed. But guess that doesn't matter to the AG when political points need to be made.

New York AG Sues Mean Arms for Selling a Magazine Lock That Can Be Removed With a Drill
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/new-york-ag-sues-mean-arms-for-selling-a-magazine-lock-that-can-be-removed-with-a-drill/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #147 on: May 13, 2023, 02:13:35 AM »
So their "assault weapons" law doesn't work - shouldn't the AG be going after the fraudsters that claimed it would reduce crime?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #148 on: July 13, 2023, 09:26:51 AM »
Suing Facebook, Amazon, and Google among others.
Going after the deep pockets blaming everyone but the shooter.

Tech and social media giants like Facebook, Amazon and Google bear responsibility for radicalizing the Buffalo supermarket shooter, who was fueled by racist conspiracy theories he encountered online, the victim’s relatives said in a lawsuit filed Wednesday.

“They were the conspirators, even if they don’t want to admit it,” civil rights attorney Ben Crump said at a news conference announcing a 171-page lawsuit, which seeks unspecified financial damages as well as changes in how the companies operate.

The suit names several online platforms including Facebook’s parent company Meta, Instagram, Google, Discord and Amazon — which owns Twitch, the livestreaming platform the shooter used to broadcast last year’s shooting. The suit also names RMA Armament, the maker of the gunman’s body armor, as well as the firearms retailers that sold him weapons.

Buffalo attorney Terrence Connors, who along with Crump represents the families, said the legal team has thoroughly examined “the entire line of the gun distribution, the manufacturers of the body armor, the high capacity magazines that are plainly illegal,” as well as not social media platforms.

“What we found was downright scary,” he said.

“There were many people who helped him load that gun,” Crump said. “And it is our objective to make sure that everybody that loaded that gun is held to account.”

Lawsuit by Buffalo supermarket shooting victims pins blame on Facebook, Amazon and other tech giants
https://apnews.com/article/tops-supermarket-mass-shooting-meta-gendron-buffalo-cbb53152b949e9b05a4f023ae252a5d2
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #149 on: July 13, 2023, 10:05:14 AM »
I am surprised they aren't going after the individuals (including the Fed) who were talking to him.  Maybe they didn't actually say much.