Author Topic: Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting  (Read 11306 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Buffalo Grocery Store Shooting
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2022, 10:37:45 AM »
I'd be more inclined to believe that he shot and missed.

Maybe a case of the NY staple gun like trigger striking again?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2022, 10:39:33 AM »
Hard armor should have a soft backer to help protect the wearing from the impact.  I'm betting most people don't wear soft armor or pads under their hard armor.

And I'm betting the guys that let themselves get "test shot" have a pad behind the armor, and they still get discombobulated. I ordered pads when I bought my armor based on all the videos and images I saw of body bruising / cracked ribs. It's certainly not a magic barrier, but maybe absorbs/dissipates a little of the energy.

EDIT: I should add that I am assuming hard armor. I guess he could have been wearing IIIA soft armor or something instead. Other than "armor" I haven't seen anything else in the news, and we probably can't even assume that there even was armor. Again, it could have been an empty carrier like lots of larpers wear, with the guard just missing his shots. We just can't trust the news reports.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2022, 11:26:16 AM »
Seeing stuff on Twatter about he was glorifying Ukrainian military/nationalism?
Blog under construction

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2022, 11:32:45 AM »
The one issue I have with the false flag scenario is that who would be able to be convinced to do it?  Most of these shooters wind up dead, either by an armed citizen (granted highly unlikely in NY, even upstate) or by police response.  Seemed like from snippet of the “manifesto” he intended to surrender, but still got killed.  I mean you’d have to either recruit someone so looney toons they’d do it for the lolz, or someone terminally ill, or someone just so stupid they think they can surrender and survive.  None of which seems terribly plausible.  Maybe someone can explain how you could recruit for a false flag?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2022, 11:39:55 AM »
  Seemed like from snippet of the “manifesto” he intended to surrender, but still got killed. 

Killed? He's alive and pleaded Not-Guilty last night

None of which seems terribly plausible.  Maybe someone can explain how you could recruit for a false flag?

Seems like some of them have no problem with setting themselves on fire to protest climate change.

Not saying if this is false flag or not in anyway shape or form just that recruiting for a suicide mission is often much easier than many may think
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2022, 12:17:30 PM »

D’oh.  Brain fart.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2022, 12:23:29 PM »
Seen tweets/posts basically saying they knew the shooter was white from the fact the police didn't kill him.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2022, 12:36:19 PM »

I can't remember if I read it or saw it on the teevee, but I thought somebody reported that he had his gun to his head ready to kill himself but either he changed his mind or the cops talked him down.

The "not guilty" pleas is a bold move. Maybe he's working on a "mentally unfit" defense.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2022, 12:42:17 PM »
Saw something stating that two of the victims were white but can't find it now
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2022, 12:43:26 PM »
Saw something stating that two of the victims were white but can't find it now

In the one video I saw yesterday from his livestream, they cut it just as he appears to shoot what looked like a white women immediately after he exited his car.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2022, 12:52:00 PM »
The one main thing that puts a tin foil hat on my head is that his manifesto reads so stereotypical if that's the right word to use. Like it's something someone on the left  thinks someone on the right would write.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2022, 01:05:20 PM »
The one main thing that puts a tin foil hat on my head is that his manifesto reads so stereotypical if that's the right word to use. Like it's something someone on the left  thinks someone on the right would write.
Someone described it as "180 pages of /pol/ memes". I have not read it so I dont know if it was literal or not.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2022, 01:07:10 PM »
Someone described it as "180 pages of /pol/ memes". I have not read it so I dont know if it was literal or not.

180 pages? Guess what I saw was the Readers Digest version
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2022, 01:12:56 PM »

From the few pages I read from a link posted above, yeah, kinda that. I guess it's a low probability that he did this for a progressive cause (specifically anti guns and anti "white extremism") but when you read that manifesto, he manages to hit every lefty talking point on that stuff.

He professes to be a "gun nut" but then uses terms like "military assault weapon". "Gun nuts" generally go out of their way to explain that ARs are specifically NOT that. Antis go out of their way to say that they are. Or that his AR was made during the assault weapon ban. Who do you ever hear say something like that except anti-gunners.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2022, 01:20:07 PM »
From the few pages I read from a link posted above, yeah, kinda that. I guess it's a low probability that he did this for a progressive cause (specifically anti guns and anti "white extremism") but when you read that manifesto, he manages to hit every lefty talking point on that stuff.

He professes to be a "gun nut" but then uses terms like "military assault weapon". "Gun nuts" generally go out of their way to explain that ARs are specifically NOT that. Antis go out of their way to say that they are. Or that his AR was made during the assault weapon ban. Who do you ever hear say something like that except anti-gunners.
...those are /pol/ and/or /k/ memes. "Assault rifle 15" for example as mentioned.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2022, 01:25:39 PM »
I guess it will come out at trial, but Occam's Razor says the simplest explanation is probably true: this is a young kid with racist attitudes who decided to pick up a gun and go shooting minorities. The false flag and lefties writing the manifesto arguments are most likely  [tinfoil]

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2022, 01:41:01 PM »
Probably received grooming at some point by one or more federal agencies. They do that. Federal agents outnumber loonies in extrmist groups these days.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2022, 01:44:04 PM »
And I'm betting the guys that let themselves get "test shot" have a pad behind the armor, and they still get discombobulated. I ordered pads when I bought my armor based on all the videos and images I saw of body bruising / cracked ribs. It's certainly not a magic barrier, but maybe absorbs/dissipates a little of the energy.

EDIT: I should add that I am assuming hard armor. I guess he could have been wearing IIIA soft armor or something instead. Other than "armor" I haven't seen anything else in the news, and we probably can't even assume that there even was armor. Again, it could have been an empty carrier like lots of larpers wear, with the guard just missing his shots. We just can't trust the news reports.

There's also the adrenaline factor.  Guy's videoing themselves getting shot have plenty of time to build up and get nervous about the bullet.  I have also talked to people and seen videos of folks taking 7.62x54R in the SAPI plate, dropping to one knee and returning fire.  One of my buddies took half an AKM mag to the IBA and still made it into the back of a Chinook.  He said he didn't even stumble in the sprint.

If you're hyped up and moving, I could see taking half a dozen 9mm rounds to a plate and not really slowing down.  Whether your average cop could keep a shot grouping on a plate is a different question.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 02:44:46 PM by dogmush »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2022, 02:32:34 PM »
What we know for a fact

White kid shoots and kills people at a grocery in a predominantly black neighborhood
The pols and MSM will make up BS to use this against anyone they don't like.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2022, 03:35:12 PM »
What we know for a fact

White kid shoots and kills people at a grocery in a predominantly black neighborhood
The pols and MSM will make up BS to use this against anyone they don't like.

The location is throwing me.  How'd he even know where the predominately black grocery store was 4 hours from his home?  Seems like it would make more sense for a guy that really hates blacks to take it out on local blacks,  not random strangers on the other side of the state.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2022, 04:53:25 PM »
According to Fox News, the shooter was hospitalized and did undergo a mental health evaluation last year because of threats he had made.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffalo-shooting-suspect-payton-gendron-threat-school-mental-health
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2022, 04:56:49 PM »
Anybody make a list of all the existing laws he violated before we see the new push to make every already illegal thing he did even more illegaler while punishing law abiding gun owners?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2022, 05:14:10 PM »
BC breaks it down so you don't have to..

https://bigcountryexpatoriginal.blogspot.com/2022/05/yep-tldr-breakdown.html

Link to the so called "manifesto"

And they nuked my link.  nevermind.  I'm assuming they have it at kiwifarms,  haven't looked.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2022, 05:49:42 PM »
The location is throwing me.  How'd he even know where the predominately black grocery store was 4 hours from his home?  Seems like it would make more sense for a guy that really hates blacks to take it out on local blacks,  not random strangers on the other side of the state.
I saw the video he made but the version I saw cut as soon as he was about to start shooting.  He drove around the parking lot 2 or 3 times before stopping.  Maybe he targeted an area and then looked around to see who was in the store?  Just a guess. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2022, 05:52:30 PM »
I guess it will come out at trial, but Occam's Razor says the simplest explanation is probably true: this is a young kid with racist attitudes who decided to pick up a gun and go shooting minorities. The false flag and lefties writing the manifesto arguments are most likely  [tinfoil]

I can go with that.  If he was really racist, he is probably on the left.  Assuming he is a bit cracked but political, I can see him planning to make himself look like some sort of right winger to "justify" his actions.  Someone who would do this and go out of their way to find the right area to do it in is gonna be a bit crazy and unpredictable. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge