Author Topic: And now Monkeypox  (Read 5981 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: And now Monkeypox
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2022, 10:02:22 AM »
We're all gonna die!

UN health agency chief declares monkeypox a global emergency
https://www.wave3.com/2022/07/23/un-health-agency-declares-monkeypox-global-emergency/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2022, 01:03:44 PM »
Key information:
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 16,000 cases of monkeypox have been reported in 74 countries since about May. To date, monkeypox deaths have only been reported in Africa, where a more dangerous version of the virus is spreading, mainly in Nigeria and Congo.

In Africa, monkeypox mainly spreads to people by infected wild animals like rodents in limited outbreaks that typically have not crossed borders. In Europe, North America and elsewhere, however, monkeypox is spreading among people with no links to animals or recent travel to Africa.

WHO’s top monkeypox expert, Dr. Rosamund Lewis, said this week that 99% of all the monkeypox cases beyond Africa were in men and that of those, 98% involved men who have sex with men. Experts suspect the monkeypox outbreaks in Europe and North America were spread via sex at two raves in Belgium and Spain.

“Although I am declaring a public health emergency of international concern for the moment, this is an outbreak that is concentrated among men who have sex with men, especially those with multiple sexual partners,” Tedros said. “That means that this is an outbreak that can be stopped with the right strategies in the right groups.”

Britain recently downgraded its assessment of monkeypox after seeing no signs of widespread transmission beyond men who are gay, bisexual or have sex with other men and noting the disease does not spread easily or cause severe illness.
Considering that last part, why is this an emergency?  I have heard people talk about cases, but not deaths. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2022, 01:11:04 PM »
Key information:Considering that last part, why is this an emergency?  I have heard people talk about cases, but not deaths.

Money, money, money
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2022, 01:24:04 PM »
So, if I'm understanding the process, the best ways to avoid getting this disease is to not *expletive deleted*ck monkeys and not engage in homosexual anal sex.
I'm pretty sure I'm not at risk.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2022, 02:59:47 PM »
How does the virus know if the people having sex identify as men or women? And what of the other 37.8 billion genders?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2022, 03:27:14 PM »
Money, money, money

You forgot the aspect of Control via FEAR!  Worked quite well with SARS-CoV-2.

Am I worried about Monkey Pox?  "Hardly at all" /Grunchlk - The Toe Cutter - Imordant Joe

It's a relatively mild zoonotic disease.  I don't have sex with other men; I rarely have close physical contact with other folks; My immune system is so insane it attacks my own skin for fun.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2022, 07:56:58 PM »
So, the WHO has now declared the Monkeypox to be a global health emergency.

Does that mean we're going to have to wear condoms when out in public to "protect everyone else"?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2022, 08:15:28 PM »

Does that mean we're going to have to wear condoms when out in public to "protect everyone else"?

If you want to wear a condom out in public that's your business  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2022, 08:30:55 PM »

Very norm-core clothing, so everyone knows you're straight.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2022, 01:42:35 AM »
We all should have realized much sooner that the political science is always more important than the medical science. The Left sure did, and boy did they run wild with it.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2022, 02:50:03 PM »
I actually thought monkeypox was a real thing, for a week or two.

Then I read this link on Drudge this weekend:

https://www.thecut.com/2022/07/the-monkeypox-vaccine-hunger-games-are-on.html

And it became exquisitely clear that it was only a threat to the high risk anonymous clubbing gay sex clique, but the news will never say it.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2022, 03:02:37 PM »
It's probably considered to be an emergency because a specific behavioral subgroup of the alphabet people is most at risk. (Watch out, Mayor Pete and Admiral Levine.  ;/  )

I suspect many members of APS have some immunity to this virus - the smallpox vaccine many of us received in our youth provides partial protection against monkeypox. They discontinued routine smallpox vaccinations in the '70s, so you young'uns better be careful.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2022, 05:29:26 PM »
PSA: Gay men, keep your junk in your pants for two weeks to slow the spread.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2022, 09:04:40 AM »
Soros Open Society Foundation Employee Brags About Having Sex with Multiple Men at Pride Event – Then Blames Government After Catching Monkeypox and Gonorrhea
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/07/soros-open-society-foundation-employee-brags-sex-multiple-men-pride-event-blames-government-catching-monkeypox-gonorrhea/

This whole thing just feels like a huge failure that should not have been allowed to happen, especially not two and half months into the outbreak. If someone like me, who has worked in sexual health for a long time, had such a hard time navigating care, I can’t imagine other people doing it. I know several people who are just sitting at home in agonizing pain because they’re not getting the support that they need.
I’m pretty worried that we’re close to the point that this is going to be another endemic disease, especially among gay men, if we haven’t passed that point already. I’m worried we’ll be stuck with it forever.

Not once did he acknowledge that perhaps gay men should regulate their behavior.  Honestly, I thought Gonorrhea was easier to notice, but I don't know much about that.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 10:50:38 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2022, 09:40:52 AM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2022, 05:55:32 PM »
    We're calling on @WHO to act immediately to rename the “monkeypox” virus. We have a growing concern for the potentially stigmatizing effects that the messaging around the “monkeypox” virus can have on vulnerable communities. Read our letter: https://t.co/hC6L8o60TH pic.twitter.com/G8CQ9ueaMJ

— Commissioner Ashwin Vasan, MD, PhD (@NYCHealthCommr) July 26, 2022
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/26/nyc-department-of-health-asks-the-who-to-rename-monkeypox-because-of-its-painful-and-racist-history/

NYC Pox?
Donkey Pox?
Rump Ranger Pox?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2022, 06:16:46 PM »
PridePox

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2022, 12:54:09 AM »
If you want to wear a condom out in public that's your business  :rofl:

Only do this if you are using an XL condom and you put it on over the head and pull it down to the neck.  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2022, 12:56:22 AM »
And... I just saw one of the news outlets blathering about Ebola Marburg - two new cases in Africa...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2022, 12:57:14 AM »
Ebola Marburg isn't as bad as the covids tho - only 30-80% fatal, depending...
Blog under construction

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2022, 06:55:58 PM »
Apparently the Church of Wokeness has deemed it a lie to say that gay sex can spread the pox. Wokeness>Science may have some consequences.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/07/27/absolute-science-denying-clowns-andy-slavitt-takes-on-the-myth-that-sexual-activity-is-the-cause-of-monkeypox/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2022, 10:48:34 AM »
San Fran is declaring a state of emergency

“San Francisco is declaring a Local Public Health Emergency for monkeypox. This declaration will go into effect starting August 1 and will allow us to prepare and dedicate resources to prevent the spread,” Breed said. “This virus impacts everyone, but our LGBTQ community is seeing significant cases and we need action, we need more vaccines.”
    This virus impacts everyone, but our LGBTQ community is seeing significant cases and we need action, we need more vaccines.
    Learn more here: https://t.co/AAhJM3Xerf
    — London Breed (@LondonBreed) July 28, 2022

San Francisco Declares State of Emergency Over Monkeypox
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2022/07/29/sf-state-of-emergency-monkepox-n2610986
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2022, 11:53:58 AM »
As conservative writer Inez Stepman put it on Twitter, “The monkeypox baseline is worth noting. Visiting your grandpa in the hospital wasn’t essential but the idea that people would give up orgies for public health purposes is apparently unthinkable.”

https://amgreatness.com/2022/07/28/the-regime-wants-you-to-get-monkeypox/

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2022, 11:59:55 AM »
I feel left out. Why do only LGBT people get time off from work?
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2022, 12:03:35 PM »
I feel left out. Why do only LGBT people get time off from work?

You're not 95+% guaranteed to vote dem
- Calvin and Hobbes