Author Topic: FL high school coaches and principals reassigned over trans sports  (Read 640 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12798663/Florida-high-school-reassigns-principal-assistant-principal-sports-coaches-let-trans-athlete-compete-girls-volleyball-team-Students-friends-blast-officials-claiming-hadnt-come-yet.html

I think the most infuriating thing about this article is trying to figure out what the heck is actually going on.

Some students that are friends of the transgendered individual in question here are pissed at the school for "outing" someone.  I'm rather confused by that, since we're dealing with a law expressly written to stop biological males from playing sports with biological females... and this person voluntarily signed up for girls' volleyball.  If this is a biological male, he "outed" himself by playing girls sports.  If this is a biological female (that is transitioning to male) the law doesn't really apply... though we get into 80's era hormone doping controversy like the East Germans in the Olympics. 

One would argue that if the school "outed" someone against their will who was on the girls' volleyball team, then this is a FTM transition, not an MTF.  I read the whole article and can't tell if this is MTF or FTM.  The article does make a point that FTM's can play on male teams (but does not address FTM's playing on female teams).  Presumably the bill states that MTF's can play on male teams too.

Overall, I think future generations will look at the early 21st century fetish with Transgenderism much like we look today on the 19th century psuedo-science of Phrenology.  And sports is the least of concerns with the whole thing.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

dogmush

• friend
Re: FL high school coaches and principals reassigned over trans sports
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 12:24:51 PM »
The clue is that it's in the Daily Mail, which has to comply with UK's hate speech laws, so they only use the "new" gender pronoun.

This story is about a High-School boy, that has been living as a girl for several years, apparantlly, who joined the girls volleyball team and was allowed to play in vilation of FL State Law.

When the Superintendent found out, he reassigned the administrators and coaches that had allowed the violation of law to happen.

The boy's friends are claiming he played a girl convincingly enough that other students bought the charade, and has now been "outed" as a male, and are upset about it.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: FL high school coaches and principals reassigned over trans sports
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 03:28:43 PM »
I imagine if you asked the students, most of them knew exactly who the person was.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge