Author Topic: Democrats' NY thunderdome  (Read 451 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Democrats' NY thunderdome
« on: May 20, 2022, 05:12:07 PM »
As the Democratic Party was busy throwing around accusations that Republicans had just now invented something called "gerrymandering" (because racist), they were also busy with some gerrymandering that was so obvious, it was ruled unconstitutional. So the court changed the map for them, and now they're scrambling.  =D

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch of villains, nor at a better time than this year.

Democrats are desperate to call someone racist but in this case the trouble is entirely of their own making. They knew their heavily gerrymandered map violated the state constitution but assumed they could get away with it. Now they’re stuck with new maps that put incumbents in a scramble to survive. Instead of seeing gains in the House, Democrats will instead see brief but bitter primary battles which result in more bad feelings within the party and, likely, several incumbents having no chair to sit down in when the music stops.

Do read the whole article for the juicy deets:

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/05/20/thunderdome-new-yorks-new-congressional-maps-are-creating-chaos-for-democrats-n470842
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Democrats' NY thunderdome
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 08:37:39 PM »
wow, all heck could happen if NY/NYC were forced to obey the COTUS
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."