Author Topic: ****** Jif Peanut Butter Recall ******  (Read 1038 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
****** Jif Peanut Butter Recall ******
« on: May 23, 2022, 02:01:00 PM »
May want to check your Jif peanut butter
Just checked the twin pack I got at Sam's a week or so ago and it's part of the recall

Outbreak Investigation of Salmonella: Peanut Butter (May 2022)
https://www.fda.gov/food/outbreaks-foodborne-illness/outbreak-investigation-salmonella-peanut-butter-may-2022

Lot numbers may be a little confusing on how to read, here's how

JIF Recall: Where to look to see if your jar is included
https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/news/local/2-wants-to-know/jif-recall-where-to-look-to-see-if-your-jar-is-included-lot-numbers-425-salmonella-sickness-refund-voucher-smuckers-company/83-beaaaab3-8a00-4a9b-82cb-71e3189960ac

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: ****** Jif Peanut Butter Recall ******
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 02:26:26 PM »
We have two brand new jars from Sams that are in the affected lot. Not too keen on throwing away twelve bucks worth of food, especially these days, but also not worth a couple gallons of $4 gas to take it back.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 02:30:19 PM »
We have two brand new jars from Sams that are in the affected lot. Not too keen on throwing away twelve bucks worth of food, especially these days, but also not worth a couple gallons of $4 gas to take it back.

Brad

Was headed up to Sams anyway so I'm going to throw it in the trunk and see what they do.

$12 bucks? It's $9.77 for the twin packs here
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 02:44:50 PM »
Was headed up to Sams anyway so I'm going to throw it in the trunk and see what they do.

$12 bucks? It's $9.77 for the twin packs here

Had in my head it was 11 and change. Could well have been thinking of something else. Bought a lot of stuff that day.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2022, 02:54:48 PM »
Put it in the fridge (not freezer) until your next normal trip.  Call them to advise that's what you're doing.  Hang on to the receipt.  Hang on to the receipt. Hang on to the receipt.

What I tell thee three times is true.

Tip from a "religious" crappy product returner.  I don't take no crap from nobody nohow.  They know me as "Mr. Here he comes again" at the courtesy counter.  At least I always hear that as I approach.

I wish to hell I could figure out what it was that gave me explosive diarrhea last week, but it wasn't peanut butter.

Terry "Keeps receipts for at least a year," 230RN
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 03:17:07 PM by 230RN »

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2022, 02:57:01 PM »
I've got a jar that's part of the recall. I've submitted a form at https://www.jif.com/contact-us. Hopefully they'll offer some kind of refund. I don't remember where I bought the PB, it was a while ago.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 03:29:50 PM »
Who the hell eats Gif peanut butter?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2022, 03:38:38 PM »

Now there's an image for the group.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2022, 03:41:34 PM »
Jay Peg.

As a kid, I always called it Peanie Bucker just to PO my Mom.  Almost typed it that way this time.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 05:32:10 PM »
Heck yeah, formula, peanut butter and monkey pox in one week. Suburban moms definitely going mad max.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 06:32:13 PM »

My local grocery store didn't have any Peter Pan peanut butter so I bought Jif.
My jar was part of the recall.
Only about 3/4 of the jar eaten. No noticeable ill effects so far.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

230RN

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 06:53:18 PM »
I used to love peanut butter slathered in the trough of a celery stalk. 

Toothsome.

Don't why why I haven't done that lately.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 01:10:57 AM »
I had a customer return a pair of tie rod ends with a lifetime warranty that were about 20 years old. They lasted longer than the original equipment had on his car. They rusted. Eventually.
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2022, 01:58:58 AM »
I had a customer return a pair of tie rod ends with a lifetime warranty that were about 20 years old. They lasted longer than the original equipment had on his car. They rusted. Eventually.

Good for him, if he had all the paperwork!  I had a "The JC Penny Battery" back in the day.  Big honkin' Group 27F in a VW bus that originally had a tiny little battery but the compartment would take almost anything.  I got that battery replaced free several times; it was still in the vehicle when I sold it.
"It's good, though..."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 09:12:47 AM »
Just threw away 2 new jars
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2022, 10:20:53 AM »
I used to love peanut butter slathered in the trough of a celery stalk. 

Toothsome.

Don't why why I haven't done that lately.

Had that for a light lunch twice last week.  Good stuff.  It was a staple in grade school lunches when I was a wee tyke.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2022, 10:34:06 AM »
Had that for a light lunch twice last week.  Good stuff.  It was a staple in grade school lunches when I was a wee tyke.

Same. Mom would also do celery filled with pimento cheese.

If pears were in season we might also get the classic "pear half with a dollop of mayo and shredded cheddar". Good stuff.

Brad
-HankB

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2022, 11:00:18 AM »
Same. Mom would also do celery filled with pimento cheese.

If pears were in season we might also get the classic "pear half with a dollop of mayo and shredded cheddar". Good stuff.

Brad

Funny you should mention pears. Back when the contaminated Skippy peanut butter hit the market, I was on a pear eating kick. I blamed the diarrhea on having too much pectin! I was relieved when I found out It wasn't the pears. It was those peanut butter and salmonella sandwiches.

Yuck!

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2022, 07:16:00 PM »
Just made me and the wife, who is in bed not feeling well, some Buttered and Toasted, Cinnamon & Raisin Bagels, with Peanut Butter on them. GREAT Stuff!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2022, 08:30:04 AM »
Jif has a recall form: jif.com/recall-form. No word on refunds yet. I'm hanging onto my jar for now. Maybe I'll get my money back eventually. I'm pretty sure it's not contaminated; I've eaten half of it already with no ill effects.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht