Author Topic: Why Won't You Billionaires End World Hunger?!?  (Read 961 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Why Won't You Billionaires End World Hunger?!?
« on: May 24, 2022, 07:39:07 AM »
Many may remember that not long ago, Musk was chastised by the UN World Food Program for not ending world hunger. Recall he said that he would donate ~$6 billion if they could document and outline to him how his money would end world hunger. I was unaware that he has been holding that $6 billion in a trust, waiting for the answer.

I saw this article this morning, from the Davos World Economic Forum, where the UN continues to chastise Musk and other billionaires to end world hunger. They still haven't answered Musk's question.

I note that when this first came up, the question was posed that if $6 billion, or even $100 billion could end world hunger, why hasn't any first world country (or group of countries) simply printed a few hundred billion dollars to do it?

The refusal of the UN to provide a plan for the money says it all.

https://idahonews.com/news/nation-world/world-food-program-chief-presses-billionaires-to-step-up-elon-musk-jeff-bezos-russian-war-in-ukraine-global-citizen-impact-fund-food-insecurity-threat-world-hunger
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Why Won't You Billionaires End World Hunger?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 08:04:23 AM »
They don't have a plan to actually address world hunger?

They just want the world's billionaires to open the money taps and trust them, but the billionaires won't do it?

Those heartless rich bastards!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 08:06:39 AM »
""I don't know what it's going to take," he said of Musk. "We're trying every angle, you know: Elon, we need your help, brother.""

Well the obvious answer is that that Musk's $6 billion will fund a multitude of studies to investigate how world hunger could be solved with more money.

MY GOD, ELON, GIVE THE MONEY YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD! THE WORLD'S STARVING NEED THOSE STUDIES!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2022, 08:15:45 AM »
How about we take the combined wealth of the all the diplomats at the UN
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2022, 10:10:37 AM »
Well, importing a lot of "free" food into countries with hunger problems will probably bankrupt all the small local farmers.  And when the "free" food is gone, the results will be predictable.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 11:25:55 AM »
How about we take the combined wealth of the all the diplomats at the UN
That may be quite substantial.  The number would be interesting to know.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2022, 11:26:19 AM »
""I don't know what it's going to take," he said of Musk. "We're trying every angle, you know: Elon, we need your help, brother.""

Well the obvious answer is that that Musk's $6 billion will fund a multitude of studies to investigate how world hunger could be solved with more money.

MY GOD, ELON, GIVE THE MONEY YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD! THE WORLD'S STARVING NEED THOSE STUDIES!
Doesn't that UN group already get funding to do that?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2022, 01:03:08 PM »
This quote applies to the UN as well as the DNC . . .

Quote from: Nicholas Von Hoffman
To its committed members the Democratic Party The United Nations was still the party of heart, humanity, and justice, but to those removed a few paces it looked like Captain Hook’s crew–ambulance-chasing lawyers, rapacious public policy grants persons, civil rights gamesmen, ditzy-brained movie stars, fat-assed civil servant desk squatters, recovering alcoholics, recovering wife-beaters, recovering child-buggers, and so forth and so on, a grotesque line-up of ill-mannered self-pitying, caterwauling freeloaders banging their tin cups on the pavement demanding handouts.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain