Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 24463 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #100 on: May 26, 2022, 02:59:09 PM »
Starting watching this
He gives a breakdown of the time line of what happened. He's obviously angry at the suggestions they (the police) didn't do everything they could.
Apparently he (the shooter) just walked in.

You can skip the first two minutes

TX School Shooting Press Conference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMXCn__THRE
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 03:16:08 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2022, 03:47:05 PM »
While I can understand the procedural need to keep crowds from rushing in as part of preventing more people from getting hurt/killed, forcibly keeping a parent away from a child in danger is a good way to get your face pushed in, especially in rural areas. Folks in those parts don't shy away from taking the law into their own hands if they feel Law Enforcement is lacking. Every agency involved is going to face some very unpleasant music and they better have damn good answers.  :mad:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2022, 03:51:33 PM »
But lets not forget what's more important
Barack Obama
@BarackObama
 Â· 23h
As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer. His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him.
https://twitter.com/esaagar/status/1529893569452027905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1529893569452027905%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fdougp-3137%2F2022%2F05%2F26%2Fwsj-mother-was-placed-in-handcuffs-for-attempting-to-enter-uvalde-school-to-get-her-children-during-shooting%2F
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2022, 03:56:57 PM »
Are we to take comfort in knowing the deceased will not grow up to become disgusting criminals, like George Floyd?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2022, 04:00:04 PM »
Are we to take comfort in knowing the deceased will not grow up to become disgusting criminals, like George Floyd?

Nowadays you're suppose to be upset they've been denied the chance to be George Floyd
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #105 on: May 26, 2022, 04:03:52 PM »
Are we supposed to choose which is the greater tragedy: Mr. Floyd or the children of Uvalde?  Cause I know which way I would vote.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2022, 04:14:51 PM »
More and more questions and WTFs:

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/05/26/wsj-mother-was-placed-in-handcuffs-for-attempting-to-enter-uvalde-school-to-get-her-children-during-shooting/

The handcuffed mother, after being released, apparently then evaded cops, went into the school, grabbed her kids, and went home.

Another parent was apparently tased for trying to take his kid off of a school bus to take him home.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2022, 04:34:07 PM »
Of course they have to figure out a way to make it about race.
Nevermind most of the police force appears to be Hispanic

Mark Elliott
@markmobility
I hate to say this, but I can’t help wondering if the cops would have stormed that classroom if the kids were white.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/05/26/loser-rando-hates-to-say-this-but-he-cant-help-wondering-if-cops-would-have-done-more-if-kids-involved-in-shooting-had-been-white/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2022, 04:40:55 PM »
How he was able to afford the ARs and ammo
Bought them on his 18th birthday too

SAVING UP FOR SLAUGHTER Texas school shooter made chilling boast about $4K plot to Wendy’s co-workers & quit when he’d saved enough for 2 AR-15s
https://www.the-sun.com/news/5419019/texas-school-shooter-plot-wendys-quit-saved-enough/
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2022, 04:41:50 PM »
Cops are in this video detaining parents, stopping parents from going in to try and save their children, while no law enforcement is doing anything more productive than "setting up a perimeter."

https://twitter.com/paleofuture/status/1529652093354536961

Yes, I understand that if a bunch of lay parents go in, guns or not, into an active shooter scenario that is out of control, the potential is very high for responding officers to perceive a parent as an active shooter.

But you know what?  *expletive deleted*ck that noise.  Everything we've been told for the last 20+ years is that it's the duty (and best practice!) for the VERY FIRST responding officer on site to prosecute the offensive as aggressively as possible.  And what do we get here?  Broward Cowards.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2022, 05:06:19 PM »
What I want to know for sure is if there were already cops inside near where shooter was when all this "perimeter stuff" was going on?   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2022, 05:11:24 PM »
Cops are in this video detaining parents, stopping parents from going in to try and save their children, while no law enforcement is doing anything more productive than "setting up a perimeter."

Yes, I understand that if a bunch of lay parents go in, guns or not, into an active shooter scenario that is out of control, the potential is very high for responding officers to perceive a parent as an active shooter.

But you know what?  *expletive deleted*ck that noise.  Everything we've been told for the last 20+ years is that it's the duty (and best practice!) for the VERY FIRST responding officer on site to prosecute the offensive as aggressively as possible.  And what do we get here?  Broward Cowards.

Amen. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2022, 05:19:33 PM »
I guess we will see in the coming days.  I expect to see Gov Abbott and the Texas DPS peel this apart and be as up front as they can about what happened good or bad.  That clip of the DPS officer correcting the record is a good start. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2022, 05:22:56 PM »
https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch-texas-police-spox-on-live-tv-confirmed-cops-went-in-for-their-own-kids-during-uvalde-shooting/

LT. CHRISTOPHER OLIVAREZ: Right. So what we do know, Vanessa, right now, that there was some police officers, families trying to get their children out of school because it was a active shooter situation right now.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2022, 05:24:28 PM »
You can see where this is going.
Bet dollar to donuts there will suddenly be an issue with their FFL

Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
Follow
NYT reporter asking if the Biden Administration would support taking back the PPP loan of the gun business in Texas who sold shooter the guns.

Karine Jean-Pierre asks him for the name of the business
4:32 PM · May 26,
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/05/26/asked-about-taking-back-the-ppp-loan-to-the-gun-dealer-who-sold-the-guns-karine-jean-pierre-asks-for-the-name-of-the-business/
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2022, 05:25:13 PM »
I guess we will see in the coming days.  I expect to see Gov Abbott and the Texas DPS peel this apart and be as up front as they can about what happened good or bad.  That clip of the DPS officer correcting the record is a good start.

Poor phrasing as that is liberal code for historical revision and censorship.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2022, 05:28:34 PM »

Poor phrasing as that is liberal code for historical revision and censorship.

It's also a normal phrase normal people use for perfectly good reasons.

So not poor phrasing.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2022, 05:56:09 PM »
Hours after laying flowers on the gravesite of one of the slain teachers, her husband dies of a heart attack.  Killed by grief.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/26/joe-garcia-irma-garcia-uvalde-texas-school-shooting/9945004002/

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2022, 05:59:55 PM »
Hours after laying flowers on the gravesite of one of the slain teachers, her husband dies of a heart attack.  Killed by grief.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/26/joe-garcia-irma-garcia-uvalde-texas-school-shooting/9945004002/

:'(

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2022, 06:09:55 PM »

Those poor kids, really hard for them.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2022, 06:38:34 PM »

If PARENTS are showing up and the cops haven't gone in yet, something is very, very, VERY wrong. And even the FEDS were already on site?  :facepalm:

Stories like this often have inaccurate reporting - it's time to take a deep breath and wait a day or three for the REAL story to come out - and with all the people involved it WILL come out. As did the actions of the cowardly cops of Columbine and Broward County.

But if only half of what's appearing in print is based on fact, I'd say a good part of the local constabulary is less than heroic. Much less.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2022, 08:23:33 PM »

Parkland redux ...

Where I work part-time as a building inspector, there's a retired police sergeant who works in the next office as a zoning enforcement officer. Tonight was the night town offices stay open until 7:00 to accommodate people who have day jbs, so were there but we had to customers. So we talked about Uvalde. He confirmed that ever since Columbine, police have [supposedly] been trained that in a school shooter situation -- you go in. PERIOD!

He was disgusted by the reports he had seen from Uvalde. It seems like every piece on news that gets released just makes it worse.

When I first read that it was a Border Patrol team that made the first entry and took out the shooter, I was initially cheering that at least that agency was willing to do something.

And then I learned that several Border Patrol agents had kids in that school. So this wan't a case of a federal agency (which, of course, has zero jurisdiction in such matters) helping out local law enforcement. This was [just] a[nother] case of federal LEOs taking care of their own.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2022, 09:39:52 PM »
What I heard the first day was the border patrol officer who was wounded (maybe not that one) was across the street when it went out over the radio.  I heard the one who was wounded had a kid that was killed.  We will see if that information holds up over the next week or two. 

Yesterday, I thought I heard a few officers who showed up first went in.  It was unclear when everyone else got there.  Now the info today is saying something else, but those reports are from witnesses outside who probably weren't told what was happening. 

I would like the hear more.  (is that better phrasing?)

HankB

• friend
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2022, 10:30:04 PM »
Early reports were that an armed school resource officer "confronted" the perp when he entered the building. Today they said there was no armed SRO on-site. So . . . the story about the SRO was a complete fabrication, made up, a blatant lie based on nothing whatsoever.

WHO CREATED THIS LIE AND PASSED IT ON?

WHAT OTHER LIES HAVE WE BEEN TOLD, AND WHAT LIES ARE WE BEING TOLD NOW?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2022, 10:51:57 PM »
WHO CREATED THIS LIE AND PASSED IT ON?

WHAT OTHER LIES HAVE WE BEEN TOLD, AND WHAT LIES ARE WE BEING TOLD NOW?

These questions should be asked about every news report.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden