Author Topic: Outdoor Gas Griddles, specifically...  (Read 1975 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Outdoor Gas Griddles, specifically...
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2022, 05:54:59 PM »
Cheese and rice, don't start a damn thread about which whale oil powered waffle iron is the best.

I've got a cast iron Belknap #8 waffle iron that sits in a cast iron ring that is placed over a burner. Makes a great waffle. I guess you could use a whale oil fire to cook on.

Looks like this but mine has a different base.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/321937073359716007/
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2022, 06:50:27 AM »
That's an interesting piece of kit. Not sure if I'd get the same price if I had it shipped to my house or not, as the closest Menard's is 215 miles from me.

Would be more interested if it had an integral cover/lid, though.

But, right now, given how sick I've been, a griddle has fallen to below the bottom of the list of things to worry about.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2022, 02:49:12 PM »
That's an interesting piece of kit. Not sure if I'd get the same price if I had it shipped to my house or not, as the closest Menard's is 215 miles from me.

Would be more interested if it had an integral cover/lid, though.

But, right now, given how sick I've been, a griddle has fallen to below the bottom of the list of things to worry about.

I looked up shipping to Arlington VA, $43.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536